PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts AA into a Minimag Body?

boroballer
08-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey guys, I just bought what looks to be an old school Smart Parts All American (or someone else's deliberate attempt to duplicate an AA) and it doesn't want to fit into the minimag I'm putting together. I try to slide it in like any other twist-loc barrel and it seems like the base of the barrel is too wide and it grinds in the body.

Help me out if you can, thanks guys.

nevtangle
08-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Hey guys, I just bought what looks to be an old school Smart Parts All American (or someone else's deliberate attempt to duplicate an AA) and it doesn't want to fit into the minimag I'm putting together. I try to slide it in like any other twist-loc barrel and it seems like the base of the barrel is too wide and it grinds in the body.

pics?

boroballer
08-03-2007, 12:01 PM
what will help, pics of the barrel, body or both of them trying without success to become one haha

[NA]WARLORD
08-04-2007, 06:44 AM

Check to see if the nubbin isnt broke off and sticking into body as your trying to slide it in. Also, lightly oil the orings, this will help the barrel slide easier into the body.

olinar
08-04-2007, 09:07 PM
mkae sure your front frame screw isnt to long

cdc120602
08-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Make sure your twist lock mechanism is seated properly. I had something like that happen with mine and there was just a little too much protruding through the body.