PDA

View Full Version : Grip Styx frame won't fit rail!!

boroballer
08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey guys, my Powerlyte Grip Styx frame won't fit my standard AM/MM rail due to the drilled out hole in the frame being too shallow for the twist loc assembly. I'm hoping there's a simple fix for this that I'm overlooking.

Help if you can guys, Thanks.

mr doo doo
08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
yea.... the only way you can fix it is to NOT use the twist lock mechanism (which, in your case, you cant) or drill the hole in the frame deeper yourself.

I believe those are your only options, unless someone else can elaborate more. Sorry to hear about your situation boroballer.

behemoth
08-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey guys, my Powerlyte Grip Styx frame won't fit my standard AM/MM rail due to the drilled out hole in the frame being too shallow for the twist loc assembly. I'm hoping there's a simple fix for this that I'm overlooking.

Help if you can guys, Thanks.

It involves a rubberband, paper clip and some chewing gum.

or a drill bit.

boroballer
08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
ok, thanks guys, i guess i'll have to either use a ULE on this or forget abt it.

Let this be a lesson to all of you as to what happens when you try to be too cheap to buy another intelli haha.

Thanks again.

behemoth
08-03-2007, 06:48 PM
ok, thanks guys, i guess i'll have to either use a ULE on this or forget abt it.

Let this be a lesson to all of you as to what happens when you try to be too cheap to buy another intelli haha.

Thanks again.

Why cant you drill the hole out?

mr doo doo
08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
hah boro baller, i have been there before, which is why i had the answer to your question ;)

but sometimes being cheap sucks, and i have been there too, many times. good luck!

rmg
08-03-2007, 09:52 PM
As for drilling the hole out, I don't think there is enough metal to drill deeper.
What I did was shorten the twistlock pin. You don't have to shorten it very much. I put a shorter spring in (about 3/4 of the length of the original), then the set screw, made sure the pin still moved enough , then ground off the excess.

georgeyew
08-03-2007, 11:28 PM
I took a Dremel bit to mine and drilled the hole deeper in one marker. It shoots fine after the mod.