PDA

View Full Version : 68 automag problems

diablo779
08-04-2007, 02:04 AM
A while ago i bought a used 68 automag on ebay, and it has never really worked quite right. after a few calls to tech support and a few new parts/o-rings, and from what i can tell it almost seems like it is just taking a really long time for the valve to recharge. if i shoot it with the valve part of the gun near my ear, i can hear a small click a second or two after it fires, and if i try to fire it faster than that, it is lucky to get a paintball out of the barrel. most of the time though, that doesn't even happen. I have tried this with CO2, as well as with compressed air, and while it seems to be an improvement with comp air, the problem is still there.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks

questionful
08-04-2007, 02:19 AM
Sounds like something has gunk in it. Clean your regulator. Be sure to re-grease the spring-pack and reg nut if you wash that. Check your valve pin spring, air lines, and clean your on/off too. Basically just clean and oil everything. Including airlines, ASA, fittings, etc.

diablo779
08-05-2007, 02:25 AM
any particular type of grease i should use for the spring pack? at one point i did have it apart and re-grease it, but i don't remember if and what particular type of grease i used (my dad is a design engineer for a defense contractor and has a variety of quality greases that have been thrown out at work).

Thanks

pierce
08-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Oiling the spring pack will also work. That's what i do.

flyingpootang
08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Is your on/off oiled or your o-rings new on top of the on/off?