PDA

View Full Version : How many different Mags

Tig
08-04-2007, 08:40 AM
This is deffinately a newbie question.
I have seen many different model names of Mags, how many Mags are made and what are the differences between each other? Back in the day, as far as I know there was the Classic.
Can you guys post the different style of Mags that have been made over the years, photos of each would be a bonus.

Thanks

Chaos_Theory!
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
O god, the list goes on and on. lol

Ill let someone else get into all the details since they prob have somewhere on their comp.

Loguzzzzzz
08-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Look around on this site HERE (http://zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/marker_gallery/gallery.html) there is plenty of information.

craltal
08-04-2007, 10:00 AM
The problem with your question is that since mags are so modular it's almost impossible to list all possible variations.

There are 5 valves
X-valve
RT Valve (technically two varieties, the older ones used a banjo bolt through the rail for air input, the newer ones have the input the same as the others)
what is now called the Classic valve
Rental valve
Sydarm valve
(I include the last two because they are variants of the "Classic" but have their own unique limitations)

As for bodies, you have two types, the older stainless steel, twistlock ones and the aluminum, cocker threaded ones. Stainless came in regular and mini varieties, with hopper right, left, and various powerfeed styles. There are even some center feeds. Then you have the ULE bodies.
Add to this the aftermarket aluminum bodies by rogue, deadlywind, and others as well as the PTP micromags and the list gets REALLY long

Then you have the different variety of rails. As above, many too choose from

Then there's the trigger frames.

And this doesn't even touch upon custom pieces like the Space Mag.

zaqwert6
08-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Basically , there are 3 kinds. ;)

Classic or R/T/X valved

and/or

Electro.

You could probably stick pneumatic triggered as 3.5. :D

The rest could be anything. :ninja:

FiXeL
08-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Check this page: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2397010#post2397010
and the ones before that... Should give you a general idea of the diversity of mags... Stock mags are one thing, but it's very hard to find 2 of the same when aftermarket parts are added. A mag can be made to ones liking, and therefore alot of mags are unique.

pierce
08-04-2007, 11:29 AM
Here is Mag #1,000,051 and Mag #1,000,052. OOPS same Mag, just different grips,and rail. Hope this helps.http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z231/pierce62/MagStiffi.jpghttp://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z231/pierce62/Magintelcustomrail.jpg

Tig
08-04-2007, 12:12 PM
You guys are awesome.
Thanks for all the info/pictures, youve been very helpful.

trevorjk
08-04-2007, 12:50 PM
level 5 classic valve
level 7 classic valve
Stainless Steel banjo RT Valve
Stainless Steel (normal fitting) RT Valve
Aluminum X-valve

variants of those valves include

Reverse left handed Valves (hose comes out of the left hand side of the valve)
Titanium Valve (classic valve)
E-mag valve (SS RT Valve)
E-Max Valve (aluminum x-valve)

* there are different types of x-valves based solely on there name IE: Retro-x valve, x-mag, e-max, tuna, and plain old x-valve. all are the same. except the electro valves have a quad o-ring in the on/off

as for bodies and trigger frames. the list is endless. but i will hit on that later

i will be at work in an hour and probably not have customers today since it might rain so ill get you pics of everythign if possible :)

Tig
08-04-2007, 06:22 PM
trevorjk,

Thanks buddy, I appreciate the info and a lot of it.
Pics are always welcome :)

Tao
08-05-2007, 10:33 PM
classic mag
-level 5 valve
-level 7 valve

Pro classic (rerelease of the classic)
-level 7 valve

RT (classic)
-RT valve (not compatible with any other gun)

RT Pro
-Retro valve (same as RT but compatible with all other guns)
- cx valve (later on)

Emag
-Emag retro valve
-X valve (later on)

X mag
-x valve

there are many other mags from third parties out there but the above are what AGD released. Effectively any third party mags are either a RT pro or an E mag.

Tig
08-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Heres another stupid newbie question.
How many valves are made? What valve can run on what?

What I mean is, I know Classics/MiniMag valves can run on CO2 but, can they run on HPA as well? Xvalves can only run on HPA, correct. What about RT valves?

Thanks again

[NA]WARLORD
08-26-2007, 06:05 PM
C02/HPA Valves = Auto/Mini/Micro/Smart Mag Classic Valves

HPA only = R/T / R/T Pro/Retro/EMag/TunaMag/X Valve

Yes, the old Classic valves are HPA friendly and prefer it over c02 even though they were designed to run on c02 originally.

Tig
08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks [NA]WARLORD, I appreciate the info.

:cheers:

ahellers
08-27-2007, 10:36 AM
just think of it this way,
if its silver it can run on co2 and is basicly a classic valve
if its black it must be run on air and is basicly an RT valve

that should hold true for just about everything exept colord x valves and grey emag valves, which are both disigned the same as an RT valve.
t

turbo chicken
08-27-2007, 12:45 PM
just look at the AGD museum on the airgun.com site ... ther you can see just about everything that AGD has made ... not sure of the tac1 bodies ....

then you have stuff Tuna and Rouge and other custom shops have put together...

maddboy32
08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
i only know of one type of mag...................the dominating mag! :D