PDA

View Full Version : Confused by what I have read.

ciaran.mooney
01-09-2002, 12:52 PM
I have, what i used to assume was a level 7 mag because in the manual it said "All automags about number cfXXXX are all level 7" My mag serial number is CF88*** a much higher number. So I though my chopping problem was down to my error, paint etc.

After reading another thread I found out that pre-level 7 mags used springs in the PT, mine has a spring instead of a spacer. This has got me worried is my mag a level 7 with a spring (for one reason or another) or is it a pre-level 7 that will have chopping problems.

If my mag is pre-level 7 does AGD Europe offer any kind of exchange for it for level 7 internals?

ben_JD
01-09-2002, 02:16 PM
Currently, there are PT spacers, but Level 7s were produced (MANY of them) before AGD went to spacers. Just because you have a PT spring doesn't mean that you have a Level 6.

ciaran.mooney
01-09-2002, 02:21 PM
Thank you.

Butterfingers
01-09-2002, 06:30 PM
Are EXTREMELY rare. There are only a few in known existance. Its very doubtful you have one. It probably is a level 7 sombody probably just popped a PT spring in there cause they didn't have a correct size spacer for whatever reason. If it is CF88*** it is most ceratinly a level 7.

jdrotert
01-10-2002, 04:53 PM
About six years ago I bought a used 'Mag- CF14???. (I cannot remember the last 3 numbers). It came with a PT spring. At the time, Pro-Team Products had a PT Spacer Kit on the market. I don't think AGD had this product yet (I may be wrong, correct me if I am incorrect). The Pro-Team spacer kit was around $20 (if I remember right). I took my 'Mag to my fathers machine shop and made my own PT spacers. I have a completely stock Classic 'Mag. BOY, was I impressed with the spacers. I put in the longest spacer first and gassed up the 'Mag. If gas leaked down the barrel, I put in the next shortest spacer. When gas no longer leaked down the barrel, I had the correct spacer for my setup. The correct spacer **SEEMED** to give a lighter trigger pull for me. For you guys who never had a PT spring, you don't know what you have missed!! I think if you change your bolt, sear, trigger rod, frame, grip or even a whole valve, you'll need to do the spacer swap ritual again.

John

Drizit
01-10-2002, 05:49 PM
if you're chopping a lot you should check a few things.

are you short stroking?
yes: stop doing it
no: check your power feed plug (if you have a PF mag)

is it a parabolic plug? see http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12911
no: call AGD and ask for one (mine was free)
yes: check your hopper batteries

are they fresh?
no: replace with fresh Duricell Ultras (my pref)
yes: check your bolt

is it a long nose?
no: I strongly suggest you get one it helped me
(I got the fomie long nose but it's up to you)
yes: run any other check you can think of.

this is assuming that you are chopping in the breach not the barrel, your barrel, nubbin, and gun are in good shape, and you are using good pant.