PDA

View Full Version : My latest creation...one question

druid
08-07-2007, 12:33 AM
With the warp feed...is it absolutely necessary to have an electric hopper...or will a gravity feed be good enough? I'm not looking for faster tham 8bps.
I just got the warp and I'm dying to use it but I had to solder the 9v power wire back on -.- and I just ordered a 350 round APP gravity hopper and I had planned on cutting a hole in the shells to run the feed tube through. Is it good enough?...or do I need to rig it with Egg or halo guts? Thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/68%20AutoMag/MagwithWarpAug07002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/68%20AutoMag/MagwithWarpAug07004.jpg

MedicDVG
08-07-2007, 12:38 AM
if you aren't shooting more then 8 bps, then you should do ok with a gravity hopper as they generally feed like 10 -12 bps. Otherwise a revvy or egg should do you fine.

personman
08-07-2007, 12:40 AM
It will be decent. You might have to turn up the dwell to compensate for gaps... and you might have to shake the hopper every so often.. But 8BPS isnt really demanding as far as feeding systems go.

DevilMan
08-07-2007, 12:46 AM
That's cool that you are gonna run the feed tube through the hopper... should keep it a tighter package and all....

Good thinkin.... sorry if it's been done before but I've not seen it... Sooooo :clap: :dance: :clap:

DM

druid
08-07-2007, 02:32 AM
alright thanks. I remembered using one a few years ago on a loaner that wasn't mine and the hopper was a revvi (I think).

Yeah...a max of 8 bps is fine for me with this and thanks for the hint about upping the warp's dwell.

DM, the idea actually isn't mine. I saw it in the mods section of AGDs website. The reason I picked the APP 350 was to help compensate for the tube cutting out some of the area inside the hopper. I also kinda figured that with 350 paintballs in the loader...even shooting half would carry the same weight as any other 'normal' sized hopper so gravity would force the paint to the warp with great ease (plus me moving around like a fool).

Thanks guys. You just saved me some grief with the wife...lmao... :cuss: :shooting: :headbang: