PDA

View Full Version : why electro pneumatic

pump
08-07-2007, 01:41 AM
i seen some mags with an LPR and a board

why both what does the benefit of having both do for a mag

i would think that the only benefit of a board is to have modes, but then why not just do a straight electric frame with a noid tripping a sear?

unless its like electricians on off with more flow, then i would understand

BigEvil
08-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Because if you are making an electro mag, it solves a few issues. If you are using a 9v pancake noid, you must use a ULT. An electro Pneumatic set up provided greater force to trip the sear, so it can be used in just about any valve.

AirAssault
08-07-2007, 07:27 AM
What he said. Plus, for me it was cool to "make" something and be able to use it. I am not even close to thinking about being in the same league as some of the people making some truly unique setups on AO but I liked my egomag. I traded it but am getting all the parts together for my next one. Need to pick up a noid from www.airsoldier.com and an LPR and Im set. Ill get pics up when it's done.

Back to the topic..... it is a heck of a cool mod that lets you have all the "fun" modes. I only play a couple times a month, so when I do go, I love to fling the paint, hyper mode on devilmag rules!! :headbang: (even though its not EP)

pump
08-07-2007, 04:26 PM
woah weird guys......my booyah and hyperframe pancake noids woth with the Hyperframe and RT on offs very well

so are electropneumatics using the stock AIR valve on offs? or a larger pin than stock?

spectre184
08-07-2007, 07:17 PM
i seen some mags with an LPR and a board

why both what does the benefit of having both do for a mag

i would think that the only benefit of a board is to have modes, but then why not just do a straight electric frame with a noid tripping a sear?

unless its like electricians on off with more flow, then i would understand

PUMP, your questions got me thinking of some more questions and mine was answered by reading this from ZDSPB.com (http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/solenoids.html)

pump
08-07-2007, 08:44 PM
ah good read.....but im more asking the question why are pneus being done but not electros

since it seems just as easy and you get firing modes

sdlm_
08-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, for one thing unless you are using Mac noids you get more shots per battery with the pneumatics doing the work rather than the electronics. I use 2x 9vs on my E-mag and I only dare use them for one day, alot more power is required for a non pneumatic solenoid.

Furthermore, it is harder to fit a board that will sink that kind of current without a problem, you can buy a cheap chaos board and make an EP mag, but the Chaos will not reliably work on a sear tripper (I've seen one burnt out from it before).

Joni
08-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I made a pancake mod to my mag, and it works good, but there are some problems that could be solved with a e/p version

Higher fire rate, my noid tops out at 17 bps
Longer battery life
Larger selection of boards

pump
08-07-2007, 10:10 PM
you can buy a cheap chaos board and make an EP mag, but the Chaos will not reliably work on a sear tripper (I've seen one burnt out from it before).
oh....even with a Capacitor? darn i got like 2 of them sitting here

what if the Chaos ran a Parker or humphreys noid?

athomas
08-08-2007, 02:21 PM
oh....even with a Capacitor? darn i got like 2 of them sitting here

what if the Chaos ran a Parker or humphreys noid?The batteries can't keep up to the demand of the sear tripper solenoid. A capacitor charges and holds a large charge for instantaneaous power on demand but can only charge so fast if the battery resistance limits the rate of charge. The limited charge rate reduces the amount of power and thus, the number of cycles the capacitor can provide power for.

Any low pressure pneumatic solenoid works well because they draw much less power. Thus, the demand on the battery is greatly reduced. That is how solenoids switching air fed through lprs can achieve high rates of fire using only 9v batteries.

pump
08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
wow thanks for explaining....wow, so what of those sear tripper noids doing 25......drain you batteries too fast then?

robnix
08-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I use 2x 9vs on my E-mag and I only dare use them for one day, alot more power is required for a non pneumatic solenoid. .

What 9vs are you using and how is it working out? I've been looking at some of the super light Li-Poly rechargeables for this.

Ice909090
08-12-2007, 07:17 PM
is their a topic in here that tells you how to make a automag electronic