PDA

View Full Version : Useing a regular hopper with a warp feed neck?

Anjin3515
08-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi all...new here :)
Hope this is the right place to ask this...

I really like sighting down the center of the marker. I am not really interested in a warp or a q-loader. From what I see the Tac-One and the ULE body dont have a hopper right or left (please correct me if I am wrong). So I was wondering ...if you put an elbow on a warp feedneck...could you use a regular hopper on it? Or...could you heat/bend the warp feedneck?

Thanks for any information.

originalspyderxtra
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
tac one and ule are only offered in vert/ warp left/ warp right, if you bought a 90* warp feed fitting and vert spyder adapter and used some sort of force feed loader (halo, pluse, vlocity) yopu could get it o at a right angle but it be bulk and pintless, your better off geting a powerfeed minimag body.

questionful
08-07-2007, 03:22 PM
I've thought of that, it always seemed like a good idea to me. OSE, why a forcefeed loader and why would it be pointless?

I don't get why AGD doesn't just make some classic bodies with the powerfeed welded on vertically instead of at 45*. You can get that custom done, but it will be pricey.

Check this out too:

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0009.htm

[NA]WARLORD
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't get why AGD doesn't just make some classic bodies with the powerfeed welded on vertically instead of at 45*.

They did, but it wasnt a powerfeed, it was a vertical feed.

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=278&categoryID=10

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=423&categoryID=10

The powerfeed came out before the vert feeds and used the air venting from the bolt as well as gravity to feed. The window in the powerfeed was to let the air escape after it "bobbled" the incoming stack, or agitated so they would feed better without breaking. It also prevented paint that broke in the breach from contaminating the other paint in the feed tube and loader. And lastly, also provided another safety to prevent misfires in staging areas, due to the ability to turn the powerfedd plug in such a way that it blocked balls from entering the breech. If it bothers you that much, try an offset sight rail or mount a sight to the side of your mag body rail, it is weaver styled and most sight rings attach to it quite well.

questionful
08-07-2007, 04:44 PM
I know what a powerfeed does, and I know they make vertfeed classic bodies. :)

I meant a vertical powerfeed that would be welded to the side of the body.

If someone asked "Do you have strawberry icecream?", would you reply "Yeah, but it's not strawberry, it's chocolate." :rofl:

Anjin3515
08-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I really want to be able to site down the center of the gun....but if I have to I might just learn to aim offset. I am just used to aiming down the center.

I wonder if the 90* elbow would work....... I know it would be strange....but it would allow for the sighting I am used to. The thing I worry about is will the balls feed in correctly with a bizzaro mod like that........

[NA]WARLORD
08-08-2007, 05:42 AM
I know what a powerfeed does, and I know they make vertfeed classic bodies. :)

I meant a vertical powerfeed that would be welded to the side of the body.

If someone asked "Do you have strawberry icecream?", would you reply "Yeah, but it's not strawberry, it's chocolate." :rofl:

Do you honestly think they would weld a vertical feed to the side of the body and still call it a powerfeed ? It would defeat the purpose all together and more then likely jam or pinch more then the old ones did before the parabolic feed plug was released not to mention be as tall as the vert feeds due to the stack of the balls and the limitations of the loaders back then and lastly, have to re-tool a new barrel to have the breech line up.

I really want to be able to site down the center of the gun....but if I have to I might just learn to aim offset. I am just used to aiming down the center.

I wonder if the 90* elbow would work....... I know it would be strange....but it would allow for the sighting I am used to. The thing I worry about is will the balls feed in correctly with a bizzaro mod like that........

Its possible, but another aspect you may or may not have considered, is the notch you have to put in your rail, this may limit the amount of room you have to attach the elbow to the body with. You might want to consider modifying one of these to suit your purpose:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=65&categoryID=19

Anjin3515
08-08-2007, 08:33 AM
WARLORD']Do you honestly think they would weld a vertical feed to the side of the body and still call it a powerfeed ? It would defeat the purpose all together and more then likely jam or pinch more then the old ones did before the parabolic feed plug was released not to mention be as tall as the vert feeds due to the stack of the balls and the limitations of the loaders back then and lastly, have to re-tool a new barrel to have the breech line up.

Its possible, but another aspect you may or may not have considered, is the notch you have to put in your rail, this may limit the amount of room you have to attach the elbow to the body with. You might want to consider modifying one of these to suit your purpose:

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=65&categoryID=19

Thanks for the link. Maybe that will do the trick.
I think I may call AGD and ask them if this will work.

Thanks everyone for the information.

Freebird
08-08-2007, 01:28 PM

Just practice snap shooting and trust yourself, most of the time i dont even sight down the gun itself, just use your index finger as a pointer on the trigger, the finger follows the brain whick follows the eyes. practice bringing the gun up from your side and taking one shot and returning the gun to your side or "the ready" position, im assuming your playing woodsball? Just do some practice shooting and get a feel for the way your gun shoots.

Anjin3515
08-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Just practice snap shooting and trust yourself, most of the time i dont even sight down the gun itself, just use your index finger as a pointer on the trigger, the finger follows the brain whick follows the eyes. practice bringing the gun up from your side and taking one shot and returning the gun to your side or "the ready" position, im assuming your playing woodsball? Just do some practice shooting and get a feel for the way your gun shoots.

Thanks Freebird...sounds like sound advice. I will give this a try for sure.