going_home
08-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Huh ?
Only in America ......

http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com

:tard:

Pzippy
08-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Just saw this on the news. Seems a bit pointless, since there are probably better ways to raise money in my opinion.

RoadDawg
08-12-2007, 12:21 AM
What will they say if Vick is cleared on all charges and is found to have had nothing to do with it?

Glickman
08-12-2007, 12:37 AM
What will they say if Vick is cleared on all charges and is found to have had nothing to do with it?

i would lol, because you have to be stupid, or paid to believe the stuff he had in his basement was used for anything else.

he either did it for money (which he has PLENTY of) or because he enjoyed it. either way, sick

AirAssault
08-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry but who cares if he was fighting dogs. Many cultures do not hold animals in such high regard. Cock fighting/bull fighting/ ffs fish fighting is common in many other countries. I bet a lot of the people crying over it eat meat, hey guess were that steak came from.

Now, the things said to have been done to the dogs if they lost is an entire different issue IMHO. Do I fight dogs, no. Do I agree with the way the dogs were treated if they lost, no. Would I fight my Akitas, no.

Im sure he knew about it and even participated in it, but there are other things in this country and world that need our attention a bit more. My 0.02.

Glickman
08-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Sorry but who cares if he was fighting dogs. Many cultures do not hold animals in such high regard. Cock fighting/bull fighting/ ffs fish fighting is common in many other countries.

then again, some countries, its perfectly common for a woman to have her genitals mutilated against her will, so i've never been one to justify stuff just cause its normal somewhere else.

i think one reason its so big though is that he is a real big icon for younger boys. obviously no idol is perfect, but obviously this isnt one of those little things, it shows his disrespect for life. doesnt matter if it is big or small.

also, with eating meat, thats completely different. Animals eat each other for survival. Making animals fight to the death for no reason is not survivalism, its being a *insert whatever you feel appropriate*

AirAssault
08-12-2007, 02:26 AM
then again, some countries, its perfectly common for a woman to have her genitals mutilated against her will, so i've never been one to justify stuff just cause its normal somewhere else.

I think one reason its so big though is that he is a real big icon for younger boys. obviously no idol is perfect, but obviously this isnt one of those little things, it shows his disrespect for life. doesnt matter if it is big or small.

You are right about the genitals, so where is the out cry? As far as being a role model, Sir Charles Barkley had it right, "I am not a role model", thats what parents are for.

The eating meat thing was about people that eat it, not animals that kill to live.

Let's remember, MV has not been convicted of any crime. How about we put the noose away for a while until the man has his trial.

I don't condone his alleged behavior, but instead of focussing on a dog fighting ring, how about we focus on getting all of America health care, the almost 4k dead Americans in Iraq, bridges falling down in our country, billions of dollars that we barrow to pay for a war that China is gladly taking care of for us (thats right boys and girls, many countries we don't look very kindly on are picking up our debt). Just a thought.

warbeak2099
08-12-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't condone his alleged behavior, but instead of focussing on a dog fighting ring, how about we focus on getting all of America health care, the almost 4k dead Americans in Iraq, bridges falling down in our country, billions of dollars that we barrow to pay for a war that China is gladly taking care of for us (thats right boys and girls, many countries we don't look very kindly on are picking up our debt). Just a thought.

And what war is that? Do you mean to tell us that China is bankrolling the Iraq war?

MANN
08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
You are right about the genitals, so where is the out cry? As far as being a role model, Sir Charles Barkley had it right, "I am not a role model", thats what parents are for.

Sports players are role models to our younger generation regardless if we like it or not/they like it or not. If they cant keep their nose clean then they have no right to play sports on TV.

Let's remember, MV has not been convicted of any crime. How about we put the noose away for a while until the man has his trial.

While I somewhat agree I will also state that the feds were the ones who are going after him. They usually have to have enough evidence before accusing him/anyone.

I dont think we should hang him (yet) because he is still an americian, and he should get a trial.

I do agree completely with the NFL's decision to pull him untill cleared. I believe it finally shows that they give a dam about.

Not sure where your going with the china thing, but I personally would rather see this news then some rich ditch who has to spend a week in jail.

AZ_09
08-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Cock fighting/bull fighting/ ffs fish fighting is common in many other countries. I bet a lot of the people crying over it eat meat, hey guess were that steak came from.

Who cares about chickens, bulls and fish, but a dog, no. Dogs can be more of a family member.
Bull fighting, eh, who cares. Matadors get owned sometimes.

Glickman
08-21-2007, 12:31 AM
Plead Guilty...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070820183742.cybqwa6u&show_article=1

warpig13
08-21-2007, 12:39 AM
If only he were still alive......

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/03/31/cochran_wideweb__430x253.jpg

AirAssault
08-21-2007, 12:58 AM
And what war is that? Do you mean to tell us that China is bankrolling the Iraq war?

No, Im saying China is buying a lot of US debt.

http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2005/10/subsidizing_us_.html

However if you really want to get technical, yes. I'm sure there are a ton of people on here better suited to really get into the financial side of all this so Ill let them.

Back to dog fighting, I said it once and Ill say it again, WHO CARES!! How about we take care of all the issues I listed above, AND add in the illegal alien issue, the pentagon paying over 900k for a few washers, and the fact that I have to spend over 0.40 to send a letter!!

Glickman
08-21-2007, 01:37 AM
Back to dog fighting, I said it once and Ill say it again, WHO CARES!! How about we take care of all the issues I listed above, AND add in the illegal alien issue, the pentagon paying over 900k for a few washers, and the fact that I have to spend over 0.40 to send a letter!!

Glad to see that you spending 40 cents to mail a letter is more important to you than humanity towards life.

dont go back with the "eating cows" bs. Eating for subsistence is natural. Making animals fight for sheer pleasure is not.

AirAssault
08-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Glad to see that you spending 40 cents to mail a letter is more important to you than humanity towards life.

dont go back with the "eating cows" bs. Eating for subsistence is natural. Making animals fight for sheer pleasure is not.

LoL what planet do you live on? Man has been fighting animals for ever. Yeah, and explain the difference between killing an animal to put shoes on your feet and food in your tummy and them being killed in a fight.

Yeah, bring up that "slaughtered animals are killed humanely" and I have some videos I'd like you to see.

Hey in some countries they eat the dog after it fights, would that be ok to you? Look at your shoes, any leather, how about a belt? Eat a burger today? How about a slim jim or steak or any thing else..... Give me a break. Dead is dead.

Sorry, you may think in this wonderful country its all roses and rainbows, but its not.

Oh and the stamp thing was called sarcasm.

Glickman
08-21-2007, 01:56 AM
LoL what planet do you live on? Man has been fighting animals for ever. Yeah, and explain the difference between killing an animal to put shoes on your feet and food in your tummy and them being killed in a fight.

Yeah, bring up that "slaughtered animals are done humanely killed" and I have some videos I'd like you to see.

Sorry, you may think in this wonderful country its all roses and rainbows, but its not.

extremely exaggerated. just because "man has been fighting animals forever" doesn't mean its right.

im not going any further with this since this isn't a place of argument. but plain and simple,

morality of slaughtering animals for food can be argued, but look at nature, name a SINGLE thing that kills for anything other than survival, you cant.

AirAssault
08-21-2007, 02:00 AM
extremely exaggerated. just because "man has been fighting animals forever" doesn't mean its right.

im not going any further with this since this isn't a place of argument. but plain and simple,

morality of slaughtering animals for food can be argued, but look at nature, name a SINGLE thing that kills for anything other than survival, you cant.

Oh I can......

Chimpanzees kill one another, saw a bird kill another bird one time, didn't see him eat it. As a matter of fact, saw its decaying body there a week or so later. Seen videos of wolves turning on a sick/injured member of the pack, killing it. Saw a video of a lion killing cheetah babies, didn't eat it. Maybe you should watch a few more nature shows before you say things.

Plus whos morality, yours, Americas, mine, whos is "right". As I said before, I wouldn't do it but to judge something that is done in many places all over the world (and is accepted as normal, every day life) just because WE in America don't do it is stupid, but typical of most Americans.

We don't do that so no one should. Live this way because we Americans say so, its a crock. Such an arrogant people here in America.

However, he broke the law and should be punished. Probation sounds good to me.

SCpoloRicker
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
We don't do that so no one should. Live this way because we Americans say so, its a crock. Such an arrogant people here in America.

Jeez, you're really all over the board. I can't quite put a finger on it, but wow.

AirAssault
08-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Jeez, you're really all over the board. I can't quite put a finger on it, but wow.

How am I all over the board?

Beemer
08-21-2007, 11:58 PM

Huh, thats a surprise. :eek:

Whos this we, you got a mouse in your pocket. You have a choice, would you rather be some where else? You served, Thank You very much. You made that choice. What was it you believed in when you made that choice? What has changed?

You have some valid points. Would you rather be some where else. Do you think you made some wrong choices? If you could do it again would you? Live and let live.

Tac-OneFun
08-22-2007, 10:25 AM
regardless of how you feel about animals, the fact remains that is against the law and, therefore, should not be done.

You personal ideologies do not necessarily have to reflect the laws of the nations. If they conflict with the laws of the nation and you act upon it, you will be dealt with. Plain and simple.

MANN
08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
:shooting: ------ ------ ------- Mike Vick.

Ninjeff
08-25-2007, 05:52 PM
well, he has pleaded guilty now. So thats done with.

I gotta say, the dog fighting thing didnt/doesnt concern me....its the whole "hanging the dogs,drowning the dogs, and in one reported instance, electrocuting the dogs" that gets me.