PDA

View Full Version : X-mag

mikelazar
08-08-2007, 02:35 PM
i just got an x-mag from my older brother and i have some questions about it
1. he says it has the lvl 10 bolt but i get lots of in-gun breaks and i saw a video on youtube were a guy shoots incredably fast with a mag and in the comments he says he only has the lvl ten bolt did he some how put it on ramping or was it just walking
2. my battery does not last very long event though i am charging it for 2+ hours
3.are there any upgrades i could buy that would make my marker shoot faster and i could install myself?
4.i know how to dye a warp feed shell but i was wondering wer could i buy some rit dye? and is there any way i could color my marker that would be perminint
5.this is not about my x-mag but it still is a problem i have a halo hopper but when i turn it on it is fine for about 7 seconds then the light starts flashing red and green at first i thought it was low battery so i replaced the batteries with six new ones but shortly after it happened again does anyone know what might be happening?

p.s. please help me out!

KC
08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
#1 probably has Xmod software (includes ramping) As for breaks, tune the level 10 bolt.
#2 New battery: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=217208
#3 see #1

:cheers:

FiXeL
08-08-2007, 03:35 PM
1. Your bolt needs retuning and it could be your eyes are off, or not working.
2. Battery's almost dead.. get a new one. (dont worry, happened to my X too) KCs-RTule is eager to sell some of his 1000 mAh packs, and they are pretty good. :D
3. Not sure if you can install it yourself, but there's only one thing you would want to upgrade - the software... Get Xmod @ www.niedtech.com
4. Can't help you on that one...
5. Seems the board in your halo has issues... Other than that it should work fine with fresh batteries.

questionful
08-08-2007, 03:52 PM
#1 You need to tune your lvl 10
#4 Simple google search yields many results, here's the first one:
http://www.ritdye.com/home.lasso

mstrdbz
08-09-2007, 09:06 AM
#5 - Try a different brand of batteries, make sure their fresh. Last time my brother-in-law and I went to play, he put some rayovac (sp?) in his halo the night before and the next morning he got the low battery flash.

AirAssault
08-09-2007, 09:10 AM
For the love of god, please don't try and dye your Xmag. Are you sure you are worthy of an Xmag? Maybe you should let me hold onto it for safe keeping for a while. LMK ;)

athomas
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
i just got an x-mag from my older brother and i have some questions about it
1. he says it has the lvl 10 bolt but i get lots of in-gun breaks and i saw a video on youtube were a guy shoots incredably fast with a mag and in the comments he says he only has the lvl ten bolt did he some how put it on ramping or was it just walking
2. my battery does not last very long event though i am charging it for 2+ hours
3.are there any upgrades i could buy that would make my marker shoot faster and i could install myself?

1. Even a poorly tuned level 10 usually doesn't break paint. Most breaks are caused by poor quality paint and/or paint that is too big for the barrel bore that you are using. For level 10 tuning, you should be using the largest carrier that doesn't leak. This should be checked with no shims installed.

2. A battery not lasting is usually a symptom of a bad battery. NiMh cells only have a life expectancy of 5 years of use. After that they may or may not have the same capacity.

3. Get the X-mod firmware upgrade and you won't be dissapointed with the speed or features of the marker.

txrabbit
08-13-2007, 10:39 AM
1. Even a poorly tuned level 10 usually doesn't break paint. Most breaks are caused by poor quality paint and/or paint that is too big for the barrel bore that you are using. For level 10 tuning, you should be using the largest carrier that doesn't leak. This should be checked with no shims installed.

2. A battery not lasting is usually a symptom of a bad battery. NiMh cells only have a life expectancy of 5 years of use. After that they may or may not have the same capacity.

3. Get the X-mod firmware upgrade and you won't be dissapointed with the speed or features of the marker.

rit dye can be purchased in the the household chemicals section of your local walmart. if you're getting the red/green flash, you have a jam which in most cases suggests eye failure. drop a new eye harness in and you should be good to go. if you want to re color your marker, send it to gruntbull for new anno.

phizz
08-13-2007, 01:45 PM
if you're getting the red/green flash, you have a jam which in most cases suggests eye failure. drop a new eye harness in and you should be good to go. if.

I agree with this one... if you need new batteries the light goes red, and doesn't blink.

evil
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
you can get rit dye from walgreens and i would think other equivalent stores

if you replaced the batteries on the halo and it still does this then you NEED to clean the eyes. since you were breaking paint its most likely paint got on the eyes in the feed tube of the halo. i had this happen to me a few years back.