PDA

View Full Version : EMAG not shooting consistent

varq
08-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi All, Need some help.

My Emag doesnt shoot well in emode... it will shoot a couple rounds then it stops but i hear the clicking sound... when I adjust it on full auto to test... it shots one or two rounds but then all I hear is clicking... I checked out the on/of pin and seems fine... I tried adjusting the magnet back and forth but no change... what else should I try?

Emag
xvalve
xmod1.8
shortest spring on level 10

questionful
08-08-2007, 04:17 PM
If it shoots fine in mech mode, I think there's something wrong with your noid? Check to see if it is cycling fully every time.

varq
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
brand new noid

questionful
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Does it shoot fine in mech mode?
Can you see the noid cycle fully?

ghostdog2019
08-09-2007, 12:00 PM
It sounds like a level 10 issue. Try retuning your level 10.

-Mike Brothman

BigEvil
08-09-2007, 01:14 PM
I suspect the solenoid plunger has loosened up and turned. Probably out of spec now, most likely a little short. If you have access to calipers, take the sear and plunger out of the gun together and measure them. There is detailed instructions in the Xmod users manual how to do it and what the specs are.

If you need help PM me.

athomas
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I also suspect the solenoid plunger is out of spec.

ghostdog2019
08-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I also suspect the solenoid plunger is out of spec.

This may very well be the case, but before you check that route try the level 10 tuning and check it with a different spring. I had a similar problem with my emag a few years back. The gun did not want to shoot everytime and would click in between shots similar to your description. I then retuned the Level 10 and oiled the on/off and changed from the longest spring to the medium spring. This has completely cleared the no shooting problem. It has been three years now and it has never done it again. If that doesn't work then I would look into the solenoid plunger issue.

-Mike Brothman

athomas
08-10-2007, 04:27 PM
If it shoots fine in manual mode, then the level 10 shouldn't be the issue.

The solenoid plunger is the most viable option here. If the rod length gets too short, the extra distance from the solenoid body means it doesn't have enough power to pull it in consistently. It wouldn't hurt to check it anyway.

varq
08-10-2007, 08:25 PM
definately not the LX. It shoots fine in HYBRID mode... it seems like the noid doesnt have enough power to trip,... I removed the grip panel and the noid rod moves easily so no stick... gave up :( decided to send it into AGD...

thanks for the replies everyone... this one is out of my league

Artimis
09-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey Varq,
Did you ever get this resolved? Do you know what the cause was?

I'm experiencing the same issue....I suspect that my rod may be out of spec (I think the vibrations from shooting may have caused it to spin) so I'm going to pick up a pair of digital calipers to check.

I know my issue isn't a LVL X issue since I've swapped 2 different Xvalves and the same thing happens with both.

flyingpootang
09-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Check for good connections on the board mounting screw and noid wires. Also check the activation magnet is clean and the screw ontop of the selector is allowing the trigger to move far enough back for the magnet to trip the HES. You can always get another magnet and try to activate the HES. Try both north and south poles.....

varq
09-09-2007, 08:43 PM
still waiting for my gun from AGD.. dont know yet... will post once i find out to help you

varq
09-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi All if all fails the best option is to call Ramon at AGD.. he is absolutly wonderful to deal with.... he really know his stuff!!!

Artimis
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, from testing, I noticed that everything shoots fine on a full battery charge. However, once I drop below 16.4 volts, this issue starts up.

Is this normal? What change do most people get down to before their noid isn't strong enough to fire consistently? I thought I read somewhere that it was around 14V.