PDA

View Full Version : mag help

swampy455
08-08-2007, 09:06 PM
:confused: Hi i have a new agd pro classic and when i shoot i start to get bolt stick every time i play but once i pull out the tank and screw it in its fine. Is this a problem?

questionful
08-09-2007, 02:29 AM
That is definitely a problem, though I have no idea what it is. Are there any other symptoms? does velocity change? Are there any weird sounds? Any leaks? do you have lvl10? If you have lvl7, you have a powertube spacer kit?

Spider-TW
08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Are you saying it's fine for the rest of the day? Is this with CO2 or HPA?

athomas
08-09-2007, 01:51 PM
:confused: Hi i have a new agd pro classic and when i shoot i start to get bolt stick every time i play but once i pull out the tank and screw it in its fine. Is this a problem?That means the level 10 is not tuned properly. Remove the powertube shims and use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Always use the same powertube oring when changing carriers. If you want to reinstall the shims, add shims 1 at a time until you get a leak. Then remove the one that caused the leak.

swampy455
08-09-2007, 02:33 PM
That means the level 10 is not tuned properly. Remove the powertube shims and use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. Always use the same powertube oring when changing carriers. If you want to reinstall the shims, add shims 1 at a time until you get a leak. Then remove the one that caused the leak.
i dont have a lvl 10 bolt yet because of money issues. its just he lvl 7 bolt. i use it with hpa and i have too take out the hpa tank to make it work for the rest of the day. this might be because im breaking balls or i dont have the lvl 10 bolt to help it stop breaking balls and maybe causing bolt stick. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

tymcneer
08-09-2007, 02:54 PM
I am in Baltimore MD. PM me about looking at your marker.

Ty

swampy455
08-09-2007, 03:15 PM
i dont know but this is the only way i can get help in person is to go to outdoor adventures senario game, battle in the pacific. but ill rack up some money for a lvl 10 bolt.

athomas
08-09-2007, 06:50 PM
You can have bolt stick issues with the level 7 bolt. Generally these are caused by a powertube spacer that is too short and/or a worn bolt spring. Generally the worn bolt spring will cause slow resetting of the bolt which causes a chuff when rapid firing but does reset eventually. A powertube spacer that is too short, can cause the bolt to stop before it is back far enough to allow the sear to engage. This is probably what you are experiencing.

EDIT: grammer mistake

swampy455
08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
thx guys for the help ill look into my valve later tonite ;)

Spider-TW
08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
You can have bolt stick issues with the level 7 bolt. Generally these are caused by a powertube spacer that is too short and/or a worn bolt spring. Generally the worn bolt spring will cause slow resetting of the bolt which causes a chuff when rapid firing but does reset eventually. A powertube spacer that is too short, can cause the bolt to stop before it is back far enough to allow the sear to engage. This is probably what you are experiencing.
I'll buy that, but do you have anything for the "one-a-day tank removal fix"? Maybe the spacer is stuck and once it's knocked loose it doesn't bind anymore? :confused:

That part still doesn't sound right.

athomas
08-10-2007, 04:20 PM
What you are doing when you remove the tank, is to allow the powertube oring to retract in the powertube which frees it up a bit I suspect.

You can fix your problem by adding a couple of level 10 shims between the powertube tip and the spacer if you have them. They will add length to the powertube spacer. Make sure you change the bolt spring. A fresh spring will add a bit more return force to help as well.

swampy455
08-11-2007, 03:49 AM
What you are doing when you remove the tank, is to allow the powertube oring to retract in the powertube which frees it up a bit I suspect.

You can fix your problem by adding a couple of level 10 shims between the powertube tip and the spacer if you have them. They will add length to the powertube spacer. Make sure you change the bolt spring. A fresh spring will add a bit more return force to help as well.
ya orderd a kit for my automag and replaced my spring. :cool: