PDA

View Full Version : If there is a God...

neppo1345
08-08-2007, 10:58 PM
He was from Ireland...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/neppo1345/DSCF0320-1.jpg

/AM I DOIN' IT RITE

behemoth
08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
you didnt use a spoon, did you?

either that, or you didnt use enough harp.

either way, i'm jealous.

neppo1345
08-08-2007, 11:49 PM
you didnt use a spoon, did you?

either that, or you didnt use enough harp.

either way, i'm jealous.

I was aleady quite inebriated when I poured this one... I think I pouted it too fast.

trevorjk
08-09-2007, 03:03 AM
uh...

go gettasum!

http://www.bottlewatch.com/uploaded_images/smithwicks-imported-irish-ale-761730.jpg

http://www.acc.umu.se/~hannes/blosxom/data/beer/kilkenny.jpg

TwilightG
08-09-2007, 05:36 AM
uh...

go gettasum!

http://www.bottlewatch.com/uploaded_images/smithwicks-imported-irish-ale-761730.jpg

Just an FYI, don't order Smithwicks if you ever actually go to a pub in Ireland.
A good friend of mine from Ireland has told me that it's considered to be an "old-man" beer and you might be laughed at.

But let's just keep that between you, me, and our AO friends!

:cheers:

Oh yeah, I'm going to Ireland in 2 weeks for her wedding.. now I'll finally get to drink Guiness directly from the source :clap:

warbeak2099
08-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Pssh beer shmeer. I'm a whisky man, gimme some shots o Jameson's or better yet, a glass of Dewars 12 year. Hooah! Scotch/Whiskey > Beer

evil
08-09-2007, 11:32 AM
bass and guinness makes for a better black and tan than harp.

Muzikman
08-09-2007, 11:41 AM
For home consumption, use Guinness cans.

Muzikman
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh, and the reason people like Guinness and Bass is because Bass is an ale, not a lager.

behemoth
08-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Bass is english.
Harp is irish.

Bass and Guinness = Half n half
Harp and Guinness = Black n Tan

Dont ask for bass in an irish pub.
Irishmen dont care for the english.

Hexis
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
I could use some of that for lunch. Would make the afternoon a lot easier to survive.

Muzikman
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Bass is english.
Harp is irish.

Bass and Guinness = Half n half
Harp and Guinness = Black n Tan

Dont ask for bass in an irish pub.
Irishmen dont care for the english.

You can't classify beers from country of origin. Sure the same style of beer brewed in different countries taste different, but the big thing between Bass and Harp is

Bass = Ale
Harp = Lager

Hexis
08-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Bass = Ale
Harp = Lager

Aww common, what does top-fermenting have to do with anything?

behemoth
08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
You can't classify beers from country of origin. Sure the same style of beer brewed in different countries taste different, but the big thing between Bass and Harp is

Bass = Ale
Harp = Lager

I know, i'm just saying.

Some like ale, some like lager
Some like irish, some like english

Some like guys, some like girls, but we're not making fun of Neppo because he likes guys, now are we?

zipity_Bop
08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
what was he trying to acheive? I don't understand any of this.....

someone explain please..

Natty Light FTW :rofl:

behemoth
08-09-2007, 12:50 PM
what was he trying to acheive? I don't understand any of this.....

someone explain please..

Natty Light FTW :rofl:

Who? OP?

Natty is terrible. Drink some bleach, its better.

WillyB
08-09-2007, 12:54 PM
He was trying to make the gloriousness that is a perfectly poured Black n' Tan. He almost succeeded.

Black n' Tan: A beautiful mixture of Guinness and Harp that when done correctly tastes better than the nectar of the gods.

/Theres this beer I had during my tenure at Oxford that was absolutely amazing. It was a local beer called "_______ Adams" (not Sam Adams). I cannot for the life of me remember what the first name was. But anyways, it was the smoothest, silkiest beer I've ever had, plus, it was cheap (2 quid a pint). I miss England...

WillyB
08-09-2007, 12:54 PM

QFT!

zipity_Bop
08-09-2007, 12:57 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/zipity_bop/bottle-polygamy.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g75/zipity_bop/polygamy.jpg
I forgot where I saw this but pretty funny

zipity_Bop
08-09-2007, 12:59 PM
Who? OP?

Where else can you get a 12 pack for $7.00? (In America)

warpig13
08-09-2007, 01:04 PM

I'll sell you 12 cans of urine for just $5.

It tastes the same.

behemoth
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM

I can get a 30 pack of PBR for 11.

Or, if i'm feeling really cheep, i can get 40's for 2 bucks.

WillyB
08-09-2007, 01:18 PM

Have you tried Southpaw Light? Its only $7 a 12 in SC...
Its actually not that bad. Way better than Natty or BL for your cheap beer pong beer.

BigEvil
08-09-2007, 01:59 PM
J

Oh yeah, I'm going to Ireland in 2 weeks for her wedding.. now I'll finally get to drink Guiness directly from the source :clap:

Been there, done that... last September.. the only place in Europe I would ever consider going back to...

http://www.bigevilonline.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_IMG_2605.JPG

behemoth
08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Been there, done that... last September.. the only place in Europe I would ever consider going back to...

http://www.bigevilonline.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10002/normal_IMG_2605.JPG

(scotts the one on the left.)

rkjunior303
08-09-2007, 02:38 PM
an eye-tal-yun in ireland? and you made it out alive?

behemoth
08-09-2007, 03:04 PM
an eye-tal-yun in ireland? and you made it out alive?

He told everyone he was middle-eastern, and it was a bomb, not a beer-belly.

Thordic
08-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Just an FYI, don't order Smithwicks if you ever actually go to a pub in Ireland.
A good friend of mine from Ireland has told me that it's considered to be an "old-man" beer and you might be laughed at.

They also drink a lot of Budweiser in Ireland, and hard cider. For a people who make some damn good beers, they don't have the best drinking habits. I wouldn't listen to them too much when it comes to what they tell you to drink over there :)

And as Muzik said, stick to Guinness in a can. For some reason its much better than bottled Guinness. I've experimented quite thoroughly and its always the case :)

Muzikman
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Honestly, the reason the can is so much better is the Widget. The Widget is actually Nitro filled and if opened and poured immediately it will be the same as a daft (Draught for the purists). The bottle on the other hand uses the "Rocket" which doesn't actually contain Nitro, it just stirs up what is already in the beer.

You should never pour a Draught Bottle into a glass, just as you should never drink a Draught Can from the can.

Now, the Extra Stout is different. It will come in a bottle and it should be drunk from a glass. But it's a totally different brew.

Jonneh
08-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Back in Aberystwyth, my favourite drink was a delicious irish cider called Magners, unfortunately it was pretty expensive, but it was like drinking swans tears collected in a precious orchid.

TwilightG
08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
They also drink a lot of Budweiser in Ireland, and hard cider. For a people who make some damn good beers, they don't have the best drinking habits. I wouldn't listen to them too much when it comes to what they tell you to drink over there :)

True, but do you really want a bunch of Irishmen (or worse, Irish-women) laughing at ya?

In any case... I'm sticking to Guiness. It's good for you! :cheers:

Oh, and I definately won't be ordering any English beer, no matter how good it is. I'll get some of that when I stop in London.

trevorjk
08-09-2007, 04:25 PM
wow you people are getting ripped off on bear!

if i want to go piss pour i can get a 24 pack of Schlitz or bear creak for $7

pbr, old Milwaukee, natural ice, and Milwaukee's best 30 packs are all under $10 (like 9.99, and the beast has to be on sale)

hell i can get mgd 24 packs for $8.

but alas im paying $5 a 6 pack :cheers:

zipity_Bop
08-09-2007, 06:04 PM
wow you people are getting ripped off on bear!

if i want to go piss pour i can get a 24 pack of Schlitz or bear creak for $7

pbr, old Milwaukee, natural ice, and Milwaukee's best 30 packs are all under $10 (like 9.99, and the beast has to be on sale)

hell i can get mgd 24 packs for $8.

but alas im paying $5 a 6 pack :cheers:
yes... but it sucks when your under age... you don;t really pay the listed price or get teh greatest selection

behemoth
08-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Hard cider is deffinately good.

TwilightG
08-09-2007, 09:34 PM
yes... but it sucks when your under age...

Now I feel old :(

PsychoBaller
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
go gettasum!

I normally order a Guinness when I go out. But once in a while, da Smits will be on backup. Goood stuff the both of em'!

Glickman
08-09-2007, 10:02 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~snailstales/yueng.JPG

neppo1345
08-10-2007, 12:11 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~snailstales/yueng.JPG

Makes me wish I still lived in eastern ohio...

BigEvil
08-10-2007, 07:10 AM
(scotts the one on the left.)

Thats what happens when you get married gentlemen. :cry:

behemoth
08-10-2007, 07:22 AM
So, in that pictar scott, why is there a rather large mexican to the left of you in that picture?

Took one of the workers to ireland with you?

BigEvil
08-10-2007, 07:52 AM
So, in that pictar scott, why is there a rather large mexican to the left of you in that picture?

Took one of the workers to ireland with you?

SI. Needed someone to carry the luggage.

Thordic
08-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Back in Aberystwyth, my favourite drink was a delicious irish cider called Magners, unfortunately it was pretty expensive, but it was like drinking swans tears collected in a precious orchid.

We get Magners in the states. My GF drinks it :)

Its actually pretty good. A lot of irish bars in NYC have it on tap. Its good if you wanna get drunk in a hurry because its really lightly carbonated, tastes like apples, and you can drink a pint in about 10 seconds. So you can order yourself up a few, slam em down, get a buzz, and switch to the beer of your choice.

Really handy at a place like Connolly's where it takes 20 minutes to fight to crowd up to the bar. If you order one beer and head off, you'd spend all night sober. But if you order two Magners and a Guinness every time you go up, you'll be set.

rkjunior303
08-10-2007, 10:10 AM
We get Magners in the states. My GF drinks it :)

Its actually pretty good. A lot of irish bars in NYC have it on tap. Its good if you wanna get drunk in a hurry because its really lightly carbonated, tastes like apples, and you can drink a pint in about 10 seconds. So you can order yourself up a few, slam em down, get a buzz, and switch to the beer of your choice.

Really handy at a place like Connolly's where it takes 20 minutes to fight to crowd up to the bar. If you order one beer and head off, you'd spend all night sober. But if you order two Magners and a Guinness every time you go up, you'll be set.

Not to mention,the Magners (Bulmers in europe) here comes in a huge bottle if you get it at the Black Rose ;)

behemoth
08-10-2007, 10:28 AM
i need to find me some magners.

rkjunior303
08-10-2007, 10:46 AM
i need to find me some magners.

http://www.bluekipper.com/assets/images/joggers/billy_pepsi_wedding/magners.jpg

ntn4502
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Honestly, the reason the can is so much better is the Widget. The Widget is actually Nitro filled and if opened and poured immediately it will be the same as a daft (Draught for the purists). The bottle on the other hand uses the "Rocket" which doesn't actually contain Nitro, it just stirs up what is already in the beer.

You should never pour a Draught Bottle into a glass, just as you should never drink a Draught Can from the can.

Now, the Extra Stout is different. It will come in a bottle and it should be drunk from a glass. But it's a totally different brew.

Thats what I was gonna say...

YOUR DOING IT WRONG!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T POUR THE BOTTLE, YOU POUR THE CAN

behemoth
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM

alcoholics 1, neppo 0

rkjunior303
08-10-2007, 01:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that was common knowledge, too.

neppo1345
08-11-2007, 09:07 PM

Poop.

I did it wrong...

It is common knowledge (considering that It states it on the bottle) However I had bottles and didn't feel like dropping more monies on cans.

ThePixelGuru
08-13-2007, 06:35 PM
My favorite beer at the moment:
http://www.tinypic.ca/files/rz3mzjztmc0jm2nmnhmg.jpg

It's a non-traditional English bitter brewed in Maine by the Shipyard Brewery. I just wish it wasn't a 4-hour round trip to pick up a 12-pack.

I used to drink bottled Guinness when I was underage. Then I turned 21 and had it on tap and the bottled Guinness didn't taste nearly as good. I'll have to try the cans, though. Any Magic Hat drinkers around? If you're into the whole hefeweizen thing, you've gotta try their Circus Boy.

WillyB
08-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Any Magic Hat drinkers around? If you're into the whole hefeweizen thing, you've gotta try their Circus Boy.

Heck yes! I love Circus Boy! A few fraternity brothers and I used to go get "proper beer" every other week from the local big liquor store (Green's if you're in SC or GA). But yeah, I love heffeweizens. My favorite would probably be UFO from Harpoon. Its pretty tasty. Samuel Adams attempted to make one, its ok, but definitely not up to par with the UFO.

On those same lines, any Hoegaarden drinkers here?

Muzikman
08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
My favorite beer at the moment:
http://www.tinypic.ca/files/rz3mzjztmc0jm2nmnhmg.jpg

It's a non-traditional English bitter brewed in Maine by the Shipyard Brewery. I just wish it wasn't a 4-hour round trip to pick up a 12-pack.

I used to drink bottled Guinness when I was underage. Then I turned 21 and had it on tap and the bottled Guinness didn't taste nearly as good. I'll have to try the cans, though. Any Magic Hat drinkers around? If you're into the whole hefeweizen thing, you've gotta try their Circus Boy.

Which bottles did you drink? Extra Stout or Draught Bottles? There is a huge difference between the two as they are actually two totally different brews.

ThePixelGuru
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
But yeah, I love heffeweizens. My favorite would probably be UFO from Harpoon. Its pretty tasty. Samuel Adams attempted to make one, its ok, but definitely not up to par with the UFO.
Hah, my fridge is currently stocked with Old Thumper, UFO and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. UFO is damn good. They make a pretty decent Raspberry UFO, too.

Muzikman: I think I was drinking Draught bottles. I had the Extra Stout once or maybe twice, it was a while ago... I've got to try the cans, though. A few friends of mine swore the cans tasted better but had no idea why, and now that I hear all this I should try 'em. Only ever drank the bottles.

Damn I want a black and tan now.

warbeak2099
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Wait why can you poor extra stout out of a bottle? Is it because it's dark? I've got some German and English dark beers that I'm taking back to college with me. I want to know if I can poor them, they're all bottles.