PDA

View Full Version : Need info on Mako

Doc Holiday
01-09-2002, 03:37 PM
Folks, i've been trying to get a hold of mako for about 3 weeks now and no one answers the phone. Maybe they changed their number or something but I just can't find it. I really need to talk to them so if you have ANY info, please help me out. The phone number I have for them is: 630-705-9293 If you've got something different, let me know.

Mr. Kaye, you are in Illinois and last I knew so were they, do you know what has happened to them or how I can get in touch with them?

Thanks for your help.

Paintchucker
01-09-2002, 03:49 PM
do a forum search for mako, but I think that phone # is correct...

Doc Holiday
01-10-2002, 12:06 AM
Thanks Paintchucker,

Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions?

Have Blue
01-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Mako is still there, don't worry. I just talked to them - they're having problems with their phone system. They only have 2 lines right now - if both lines are in use, you'll just hear endless ringing... They're working to fix the problem and hopefully get a voicemail system in place. You can also try them at 630-576-5065. I hope to be headed down there tomorrow to meet the crew, snap some photos, and hopefully catch a glimpse of any new toys that they may be coming out with.

Doc Holiday
01-17-2002, 03:18 PM
For Vf-fx,

Thanks for the info, I e-mailed them and they called me... I live in Italy.. and they CALLED ME!!! :) Wanna talk about customer service? I had the pleasure of talking with Kim, whom i'd dealt with before in regard to my friends spyder. She is a consumate professional. Absolutely TOP NOTCH. I'm sending my mag to them tomorrow. Those people absolutely rock. They are the only competition that I know of for AGD in regard to customer service. How great is that? I've got a marker from a company with AWESOME customer service and an e-grip for that marker from another company with AWESOME customer service.... Lucky me eh?

Have Blue, you've come through for me again. I'm not sure if you remember me but I found the info you posted through Ronin's website and we sent an e-mail or two back and forth. Anyway, thanks once again... you've been a HUGE help.

Have Blue
01-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Glad you made it through to them! I'd actually like to write up a brief article about the company as a result of visiting them (perhaps maybe submitting it to APG). Their support is fantastic, the products are great for the price, and the people there are just downright friendly and helpful. Exactly the sort of business that we as players should patronize!

Doc Holiday
01-18-2002, 11:17 AM
Since you've been there and visited, i'll defer to you. I had actually already started an article about them that I was going to submit to APG as well. :) I think you can do them more justice since you've actually had the pleasure of meeting them and seeing their operation and that's what is really important... that a great paintball company be recognized for the outstanding products and service they provide us paintballers. All the while keeping prices reasonable. Send me an e-mail if and when you hear back from Dan or Jessica about it. I'll be sure to look for it.

Take care and thanks again,

Lockawam
01-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Yeah, they really do have awesome service. I sent my gun with them without the bottomline because I dont have one (I use a flatline) and they sent the gun back to me with a free bottomline and steel hose. :)

Have Blue
01-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Just got back from my trip. I spoke with Brian Skotty for a while and he showed me around the place. They moved into their current location about 6 months ago and are still getting settled in. They are very very busy - Brian usually is there 7 days a week, and it seemed like Kim was constantly taking phone calls.

They have a number of neat new products coming out - they hope to have the redesigned Mag frames out by mid-February, and the cocker frames after that. The new Mag frames sound very promising, with much longer battery life due to a new activation system.

Doc Holiday
01-19-2002, 02:30 AM
OOOOOH, so they ARE making a cocker frame?!?!?!?! SWEET!
Did he give you any inkling as to what MSRP will be and whether or not it will use an electronic 5 way or a standard mechanical 4 way? I'd REALLY like all the info you got on this one.

Have Blue
01-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Yes, they are indeed making a cocker frame. I asked him if he could show it to me, but he only smiled and said "no, not yet." They have applied for a patent on it (as well as some other novel products) and Brian's rather secretive about unreleased products.

The cocker frame will be mechanical - no pneumatics.

He wasn't willing to give an MSRP on it yet, as they are still figuring out the production cost on it.

Doc Holiday
01-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Cocker Frame Mechanical? No Pneumatics? I'm sorry, I don't understand. Do you mean that the Gripframe will be electronic but the 3 way will not? In other words it'll be like the centerflag frame? Please clarify as i'm a little confused now.

Thanks,

Have Blue
01-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Correct - it will be like the Centerflag frame in that the gun's 4-way will be mechanically activated.