PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone even play airsoft?

Tassel Mask
08-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Does anyone even play airsoft? Whats the deal with airsoft?

T.M.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
08-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Airsoft is for the pansies that don't want bruises..... :dance:

:rofl:

dam and i hit 420 :ninja: on this post..... :headbang: :headbang:

maniacmechanic
08-09-2007, 06:08 PM
whats airsoft

swampy455
08-09-2007, 06:22 PM
i think airsoft is the "honer system" like u get hit and ur out. its okay but i like playing one on one to see whos better :headbang:

going_home
08-09-2007, 06:33 PM
whats airsoft

What he said................................. :sleeping:

Glickman
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Airsoft is for the pansies that don't want bruises..... :dance:

:rofl:

dam and i hit 420 :ninja: on this post..... :headbang: :headbang:

http://sequoiaairsoft.com/img/bbdamage2.jpg

FiXeL
08-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Paintball vs Airsoft:

Says it all. :rofl:

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
08-09-2007, 06:51 PM
http://sequoiaairsoft.com/img/bbdamage2.jpg

With the marker - cant call it a marker :headbang: ... thats with the pistols directly on the skin... try that at 20-50 yards..... :cheers:

swampy455
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
dang that chiped that dudes tooth! that must hurt! just thinking about it just makes me think

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
08-09-2007, 07:02 PM
dang that chiped that dudes tooth! that must hurt! just thinking about it just makes me think

those were just dumb ***** that fall after getting hit... :tard:

Glickman
08-09-2007, 07:08 PM
With the marker - cant call it a marker :headbang: ... thats with the pistols directly on the skin... try that at 20-50 yards..... :cheers:

you CAN get penetration with AEG's at 20 yards, but obviously it would be harder due to the mass.

/dont
//feed
///the
////trolls

bryceeden
08-09-2007, 07:20 PM
If I had my friends blast me up close with my paintball marker I'd have some bad pictures too. These guys are just stupid and don't play safe. Masks anyone? :cuss:

Chaos_Theory!
08-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I had a friend get his tooth shot out by an airsoft un. Also knew another kid that had the same thing happen.

Smoothice
08-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I have an airsoft gun that I use to shoot neighborhood dogs that chase my dog and I when we go for bike rides. Does that count?

Zone Drifter
08-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Man... after seeing those pictures, I'd rather throw rocks at each other. Well we did it when we were younger and nobody ever chipped a tooth, so I guess it is safer than airsoft. XD

warbeak2099
08-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Airsoft hurts way more than paintball if you play real airsoft. Walmart guns don't count. Crossman =/= real airsoft.

Airsoft is just way better for milsim. No contest. Paintball is obviously better for tourny play.

Glickman
08-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Airsoft hurts way more than paintball if you play real airsoft. Walmart guns don't count. Crossman =/= real airsoft.

Airsoft is just way better for milsim. No contest. Paintball is obviously better for tourny play.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/RWC-APS2-L96-L.jpg

= OWCH

Freebird
08-10-2007, 12:15 AM
boooooooooo airsoft

hoooraaaaaayyyy paintball

my mag M14 was an Airsoft gun for 5 hrs after i recieved it.
began tearin down on it that night.......
now she looks like a bute!

airsoft is also harder to find fields and most of the cheap ammo is not bio degradeable.
also, the cheating factor is outrageous.

warbeak2099
08-10-2007, 12:19 AM
airsoft is also harder to find fields and most of the cheap ammo is not bio degradeable.
also, the cheating factor is outrageous.

Two valid points. But airsoft is still more realistic and better for milsim than paintball granted you can organize a game with enough people.

Swampy
08-10-2007, 12:35 AM
Airsoft and paintball are close, both being "action pursuit games", Airsoft just really never left the woods. They (Airsoft Players) are more of a tight nit group where honesty is king but its hard to tell if your hit or not under those crazy vests and what not. Plus they do have AEG's that reach 425 fps but thats leaving the barrel, and I'm pretty sure Doc Nickel will tell you all about what happens when a ball leaves a barrel, but it slows down dramatically more than a Paint ball (Mass + Speed / Friction = some math formula I don't know).

But Milsim I really wont count it as that. Yes the guns look/weight accurate (to what they are suppose to be) But there magazines are classified as Hi cap(200+rds), Mid cap(200-100rds), and Low cap(68-30rds) are not accurate, you mean to tell me a M16 (real steel) magazine holds 300rds. I played with a ICS AK-74, Which is still wish I had (would be a good wall hanger), and used Star (30rds) AK-47 Mags which isn't historically accurate but they fit in the mag well and I carried about 12+1 with me but I still had to reload often. If it was a supportive role such a M249 or M60 gunner then yeah its spray and pray, or get down and chuck rounds.

I switched to paintball for a simple fact since my days of play really don't exist anymore due to work, school, military, and shady knee's. I build markers my current and first choice is AGD. I like the flash, bling, or flare what ever you call it. In arisoft most mods are done internally (new motors, springs, pistons, gear boxes, and wire kits) all which doesn't put out from the group. And it is hard to mod externally but still retain a tactical sense. I've seen some kits that turn a tommy into a pulse rifle from aliens, or real wood on AK's or M14's. Big whoop I can walk into Fletcher Arms and pull a M14, AR, or AK off the wall and have the real steel in my hands. In paintball with its flash I can shoot my friends and family, and they get back up but give me something that looks and feels like the real steel (I won't kill friends and family) but sorry it feels like a weapon (Mentally and Physically).

Airsoft gear people spend upwards of over 300 bucks for this high speed stuff, not to get it painted up and dirty. Military guys can help me on this but when we buy high speed gear its going to get dirty, used, and abused. So whats the point of buying over 300 bucks of gear to look pretty, hell I played with a ALICE pistol belt, H harness, and pieces I collected/stole/traded/acquired my total cost 40 bucks with camies, boots, and cover.

My major point of paintball over airsoft is building a marker will let you be more creative without conforming to tactical "code"

ThePixelGuru
08-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Hey, all you people who have played airsoft before: If I used my nice new vForce Grill to play airsoft with some friends, would the lens get chipped/cracked or anything?

nathanjones008
08-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Airsoft is lane! Its impossible to tell if you hit anyone. Even with a ref. (there is no mark as evidence.) I think the reason paintball peeps switch over to airsoft, is because it suppose to be a bit cheaper than pb.(according to my friends.)

Swampy
08-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey, all you people who have played airsoft before: If I used my nice new vForce Grill to play airsoft with some friends, would the lens get chipped/cracked or anything?

As long as they are ADSM certified so yeah you can just it I used my JT Spectra lens with out the face shield. But they while chip and crack after multiple hits.

Airsoft is lane! Its impossible to tell if you hit anyone. Even with a ref. (there is no mark as evidence.) I think the reason paintball peeps switch over to airsoft, is because it suppose to be a bit cheaper than pb.(according to my friends.)

Please no flame war. Airsoft when you buy basics needed to play I.E. Primary Gun, Magazines, Eye Protection, Battery's with charger, and BB's (You don't really need a vest/web gear to play but is kind of cumbersome without). Depending on what your willing to spend is what your going to get. Like if you spent $250-$350 for the gun will give you a stock gun with the quality that isn't going to break after a year of use and abuse, plus these have more replacement part options as well versus the under $100 guns. The Guns hold their value pretty good, you can pick up a used Toyko Mauri with some ups for around $285-$300.

warbeak2099
08-11-2007, 05:58 PM
My major point of paintball over airsoft is building a marker will let you be more creative without conforming to tactical "code"

That's the whole point of Airsoft though, to make pretend. It's better for milsim play than paintball. The guns are look and feel more real. It's better for that.

Paintball is better for faster paced tournament play.

Swampy
08-11-2007, 06:27 PM
That's the whole point of Airsoft though, to make pretend. It's better for milsim play than paintball. The guns are look and feel more real. It's better for that.

Paintball is better for faster paced tournament play.

I like that flash and bling, its like tuning a car or in AO's case rebuilding a muscle car. And don't get me wrong I like tactical paintball guns, most of these created milsim paintball guns have a sleek design, and aren't to atrocious like the modern M16's that just have a bunch of crap strapped/taped/glued/stapled/bolted to the hand guards.

But what happens to the people (Airsofters) that don't want something historic or modern. Something that looks more futuristic but still in the tactical milsim scene, just a example the guns from KillZone or

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8358/57proto5yd6.jpg

Something different, to jazz it up a bit but still have its tactical use.

tebo
08-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Those pictures of the damages guns that shoot over 400fps is point blank range or a couple of feet away. I play airsoft because its really cheap(good gun =50$ 10,000 bbs for 20 bux) I also play paintball but airsoft is fun if you play safely with smart people that know how to be safe

I use my profilers for airsoft and they have been heavily used 2 years in paintball before airsoft and i haven' t had any chips or scratches from airsoft.

Sulleigh
08-22-2007, 04:58 PM
You can't get a good airsoft gun for 50...airsoft is fun though.