PDA

View Full Version : Interesting idea for a Mag conversion.

Newbie_to_Mags
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Ok, so here's my idea. Being a guy who likes to play tactical based scenario games, and also a SAW Gunner in the US Army, I came up with the bright idea of making a SAW Mag. I know it will have to be Warp fed, and I will need to do a lot of designing to make the body useful, but here's the basic idea for it.

1. Make a shell for a Mag that resembles a SAW. Right down to the drum attachment. To do this, I was thinking of using some type of steel stock, and welding all of the pieces together, so I can remove my mag when I want to make life easier on cleanup and maint.

2. Fabricate a drum that is a hopper. Plastic and a 12V Revvy guts are going to be my parts. I know this already because I will make that work. Not too much there.

3. Fabricate a bracket that goes UNDER the front of the trigger assembly to hold the Warp. I rarely put my hands under the trigger guard anywhoo, so that's some good space to use. Another reason for locating it there is because I plan on having the buttstock removable to insert and remove the Mag, so this way I don't have too many moving parts on the shell of the marker.

So, any scenario players out there think I'm nuts for doing this? Anyone at all? Feel free to drop ideas or warnings in here. Any and all help would be greatly appriciated. Also, any technical help ideas on running the warp feed and output lines would be extremely helpful.

Thanks folks,
Bender :clap:

P.S. In the Army, I only use my SAW..no musket of an M-16/M-4 for me. :shooting:

WingMan13
08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
This is very do-able. I have seen someone with a similar setup. I need to find the pic. I was always a fan of the SAW concept in paintball. I have been trying to get a setup where I can carry a whole case (2000 balls) on the field at once.

Edit: You might want to check this out this whole thread, this guy did an awsome job:
http://www.milsimog.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6192&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Newbie_to_Mags
08-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the help. The one thing I have no clue about, WHERE IN THE HECK DID THEY GET THE MAIN BODIES FOR A SAW?! I can't even take photos of mine here in the armoury where I work at. Any clues on how/where they got them, of if they are all custom made, anyone have plans for them?

Thanks,
Bender

P.S. A way to get that much paint out there, try a backpack, with the ammo already in tubes. Any MOLLE compatible backpack, so you can also toss MOLLE pouches and whatnot on it, and you've got yourself a good way. In Iraq, I used a MOLLE pack to carry almost 2000 rounds of real SAW ammo, and I also kept my medic kit, and two pouches for 1.5 litre water bottles on it. Heavy as all get out, but it worked.

Thanks,
Bender

Sumthinwicked
08-10-2007, 01:54 PM
tripod and mount to a TANK :clap: then put a warp with a 2000 round hopper ( tupperwarebowl ) screwed into the top of the warp :clap: well thats how im doing my tank just add your saw marker to the mix well 2 of em :)

peeeto
08-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the help. The one thing I have no clue about, WHERE IN THE HECK DID THEY GET THE MAIN BODIES FOR A SAW?!

some start out with an airsoft body. here's a good recent example:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/nate911chew/100_0309.jpg
(photo's dated '04, but apparently he just recently finished it...)

Link to post on local PB discussion forum: ...newly completed automag M14 (http://nexuscocker.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=5250) where he gives some more details on construction.

i saw it at a local scenario game - it was cool!

longi
08-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Whooa!! Now thats what i call a conversion! Very nice job, surely a contender for Mag of the Month!

Newbie_to_Mags
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the link, that was actually useful. And I agree, that Mag M14 is nice.

Bender