PDA

View Full Version : velocity problems?

diablo779
08-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi. For reference, the set-up i'm running is an automag with an X-Valve and the ULE trigger pull kit, plus a q-loader for a hopper. Ok, the issue is, i played at this indoor place twice before and haven't had to change my velocity (but it was borderline, the limit is 250fps) and also have never had a single problem with my gun, but this time they had me lower my vleocity a little bit. initially, there was no problem, but within 15-30 minutes of playing, my gun stopped shooting like the lvl 10 bolt kept closing on a ball and the gun just locked up.

I figured out that i needed to add a shim to the power tube to get it to vent and re-cock itself, but i don't understand how the problem came about in the first place, and if just adding a shim will fix the problem. With the lvl 10 bolt guide on here, they have you setting it to run at 170-190 fps. Is shooting at 140 or so going to be a major problem, or will it be relatively easy to make it work reliably again?

Thanks much ppl,

Andy

pierce
08-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Use the shortest spring and see if that works. If the field limit is 190fps you might have to use a Level 7 bolt (don't think a Level 10 will work at those speeds).