PDA

View Full Version : Air System ?'s

alberto9238
08-12-2007, 04:18 AM
i am going to buy myself a RT Pro Custom very, very soon and i was wondering what ya'll recommend as far as tanks and air system up's. tha RT Pro would be the first marker i own that uses HPA so any suggestions or tips would be very much appreciated.

pierce
08-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Like some other people will say, adjustable tanks are best but a high pressure pre-set will do you fine. PMI, Crossfire, Nitroduck, just buy a quality one. ;)

Trueballa
08-12-2007, 11:08 AM
yeah im just getting into mags myself and i bought a nitroduck ireg tank with input pressure reg kit for 220 from sakworldpaintball

robnix
08-12-2007, 02:10 PM
yeah im just getting into mags myself and i bought a nitroduck ireg tank with input pressure reg kit for 220 from sakworldpaintball

I use one on my Emag and Tac One w/ULT, They work great.

djellum
08-12-2007, 02:30 PM
The tank doesnt matter as much as the reg on it. some are lighter than others but as long as you get a carbon wrapped tank (my suggestion) they are all light.

I got a Smart Parts micro reg. It combines rail, on/off, asa, and macro into a really small package. Mags are small to begin with and if you like that look into one of these. They have a really fast recharge rate which should be good for a mag because you'll have 2 regs which can cause recharge speed issues if shooting really fast. The downfall is you cant unscrew the tank from the gun like a normal tank, you have to loosen the set screws and slide it off the rail (not hard just takes a minute instead of 20 sec). You dont have to take it off to fill or anything it can just stay on. Its 99 for the reg, or about 220 for reg and tank. heres a pic of it on my PM5 so you can see the size.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/djellum/DSCN0607.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/djellum/DSCN0606.jpg

If you want a normal asa and screw in tank i reccommend a CP. You can get a tank and reg for about $180-$200 and they have a really robust reg thats a good size. If you buy a tank used check the hydro date. you have to hydro test them every 3-5 years depending. its only 20 bucks but if its out of hydro, but you want to make sure its holding air well and you factor in the 20 bucks on the price. if its empty and out of hydro you wont be able to fill it and test, pass it bye.

Hope this helps

djellum
08-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Geesh, those pics are huge