PDA

View Full Version : small 2-3 seconds leak!

Marrr
08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
What could cause this problem -

After trigger pull i keep pressing the trigger and notice that there is a small leak about 2-3 sec(sometimes a little longer).and then flawlessly stop.Of course nothing big in semi mode ,but makes troubles when i shooting fast - spikes around +- 40.

Logically this can be an on/off bad o-ring seal.So,i change all of them... nothing changes:(.Still small leak in the same situation.

Maybe there is some strange thinks in reg piston!?

Any advices are welcome! :tard:
Regards.

mostpeople
08-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Is it a new valve?

If so you have to break them in, takes a while, couple days of good play should be sufficient.

Marrr
08-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Is it a new valve?

If so you have to break them in, takes a while, couple days of good play should be sufficient.

Nop....i purchase used mag,then add lowers,,,ad then change all o-rings.So,basically speaking - all o-rings are new(about 5 cases through the gun) and this maybe cause this!? :tard:

mostpeople
08-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Nop....i purchase used mag,then add lowers,,,ad then change all o-rings.So,basically speaking - all o-rings are new(about 5 cases through the gun) and this maybe cause this!? :tard:

if you changed all your O-rings then you will need to break in the valve again.

Marrr
08-13-2007, 12:40 PM
if you changed all your O-rings then you will need to break in the valve again.

Hm......and how long it's takes?

athomas
08-14-2007, 02:57 PM
That leak is caused by the residual pressure in the chamber. When the pressure is low it doesn't seal the oring as well and some leaks out if the vent hole is close. Once the carrier oring breaks in, it will subside. You can help, by removing a level 10 shim to put the oring farther from the vent hole.

The +-40 fps spike is something else, most likely inconsistent paint.

Marrr
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
That leak is caused by the residual pressure in the chamber. When the pressure is low it doesn't seal the oring as well and some leaks out if the vent hole is close. Once the carrier oring breaks in, it will subside. You can help, by removing a level 10 shim to put the oring farther from the vent hole.

The +-40 fps spike is something else, most likely inconsistent paint.

Thanks for this info!Now i can be more calm.due new o-rings 'broke in' looks now more logical.
Thank you!
:cheers: