PDA

View Full Version : tank output pressure for spool valve?

B-Pow
08-13-2007, 10:43 AM
okay doing this makes me feel like a total tool...but here goes.

I am getting an Ion on the cheap today from a co-worker, and I was wondering if you guys knew if that gun works better with lp or hp tanks. The only reason I ask is I have a heavy as hell 72/3k tank that is hp and I'd like to have an excuse to replace it. Also the not blowing out the reg would be good too.

I never wanted to own a sp gun but for the price....can't really say no.

however I still say Ions should be driven and not shot....buy a saturn.

evil
08-13-2007, 02:00 PM
should work with either one, i personally use a lp tank that is 450-550.

B-Pow
08-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks a lot, that's what I was guessing with the operating pressure, but I just wanted to make sure before I go out and blow a significant ammount of money on a tank.

Ydna
08-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Unless you plan on using hte tank with an angel, just get an HP. They're universally compatible on just about everything (except the wdp minireg).

Chronobreak
08-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Unless you plan on using hte tank with an angel, just get an HP. They're universally compatible on just about everything (except the wdp minireg).

what he said

always use hp unles the gun specifies lp only.

a secondary reason to sue hp is the decreased chance in restriced airflow or dropoff

TnDeathInc
08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
My wife uses my nitroduck with 1000psi piston on her ion. She has a sweet mag i built/builing but she says its too much work to hold cause its heavy. lol

angrysasquatch
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
My wife uses my nitroduck with 1000psi piston on her ion. She has a sweet mag i built/builing but she says its too much work to hold cause its heavy. lol

One more for you. lol