PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Zen paint

Fantom
08-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My home field stocks now Zen paint as the "premium" paint and announced as formulated specially for the Florida climate.

Finally I opened up and bought a case, just to find out the 11% (yes, I counted and calculated) of the paint is either with dimples or deformed with protuberances. And yes, the paint was just delivered by the manufacturer.

I did write to the company that makes it (Diablo) and did not get any response.

Beware!!!!
Edit/Delete Message

SummaryJudgement
08-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My home field stocks now Zen paint as the "premium" paint and announced as formulated specially for the Florida climate.

Finally I opened up and bought a case, just to find out the 11% (yes, I counted and calculated) of the paint is either with dimples or deformed with protuberances. And yes, the paint was just delivered by the manufacturer.

I did write to the company that makes it (Diablo) and did not get any response.

Beware!!!!
Edit/Delete Message

:rofl:

"formulated specially for the Florida climate". There's no such thing man ;) I played in FL for years when I lived there and I don't think I saw any paint that kept well in the humidity around there. It's good to know that the Zen paint didn't work out for you. I'll steer clear of it, that is if I ever get out to play again :(

warpig13
08-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I always thought PMI Premium dealt well with humidity

Sulleigh
08-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah, premium holds up well in high humidity. I live in east texas(armpit of the world) so I know how you florida folk feel.

warpig13
08-15-2007, 01:52 PM
I used to live in the south texas coastal plains. That's where I was using it.

trevorjk
08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Zen, is crap. we got a few cases in our store and i tried some paint out in my CCM S6... i was getting massive barrel breaks. infact that was the first time i EVER broke paint in a pump :(

rkjunior303
08-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Fresh nightmare is a great value. So is formula 13. we switched to shooting those at practice entirely.

warpig13
08-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Zen, is crap. we got a few cases in our store and i tried some paint out in my CCM S6... i was getting massive barrel breaks. infact that was the first time i EVER broke paint in a pump :(

I can't break paint in my pump if I TRY!

trevorjk
08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I can't break paint in my pump if I TRY!

EXACTLY my point :p

RobOpel
08-15-2007, 10:26 PM
Local field just switched to zen over nightmare as their base/rental paint. I shot some of the promo cases they got (yellow/blue shell IIRC) through my angel and was pleased considering the price, but last weekend shot some of their first shipment (blue shell, blue fill) and was anything but impressed. I checked the bore beforehand, and went with my .692, but it was inconsistent enough to make my accuracy noticably change shot to shot. What I will say in its defense though, is that it typically broke a lot better than any nightmare I've shot.

behemoth
08-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Fresh nightmare is a great value. So is formula 13. we switched to shooting those at practice entirely.

....Formula is our "high end" paint...

And you shoot it like whitebox :(