PDA

View Full Version : Z- Body?

Badabing
01-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Is the Z-body worth it? Also, will it fit my RT Pro. I heard it puts backspin on the ball to improve accuracy. Does anyone own it?

Thanx:cool:

blembiggity
01-09-2002, 09:48 PM
first off it is to let the ball travel further. it does in my opinion help with accuracy because of the different ball detent and the simple fact that it uses autococker barrels. i like mine very much only because of the threaded autococker barrel. i dont really use the spin feature all that much, because i use the dye aluminum.i just bought a z barrel and it works great with the spin on. so in my opinion yes it was worth it, in others minds im sure its not.

LaW
01-09-2002, 10:42 PM
I had one and honestly I think maybe 1 in 3 balls went noticeably further ...just my observation...sold it after a week to a teammate....

I did like the ball detent and cocker barrel advantage of course. :)

Bartleby
01-10-2002, 12:29 AM
http://www.p8ntballer.com/techroomcontent/zbody.shtml

check this out, and you might want to "ask robo". my opinion is that the pros don't use it for a reason... hope this helps.

joeyjoe367
01-10-2002, 01:36 AM
I loved mine. It shot flat and long. Probably a %40 to %50 increase in range.

I only sold it cuz it was HL and I wanted warp feed with thru-hopper feed.

Badabing
01-10-2002, 05:59 AM
Thanx guys for your responses. More good than bad so I might consider one. Just checking, are made of SS?

joeyjoe367
01-10-2002, 11:23 AM
No, they are made of aluminum, however, they are SS reinforced where the bolt/boltspring meets the mainbody.

Durability isn't really an issue with this body.

toymyster
01-10-2002, 01:52 PM
I have one, and it does increase your range greatly, I've even used it on my E-mag a few times!!! And the pros don't use it, mainly because they are not sponsored by them, and also, there really is no call for the increased range in a tourney!!! And people, let's get off of the "If the pros use it it has to be good" bandwagon!!! Because, for the most part, the pros use it because they are sponsored, not because it's good!!!

joeyjoe367
01-10-2002, 03:06 PM
whoa. I didn't know they fit on e-mags ... sweet 8)