PDA

View Full Version : classic rt

jhill112
08-16-2007, 06:54 PM
can the valocity being to high on a rt classic cause the on/off or banjo to leak?

SummaryJudgement
08-16-2007, 07:25 PM
I don't think velocity would cause the banjo to leak. If the input pressure was crazy high, maybe the banjo would leak.

I can see really high velocities possibly causing the on/off to leak, but it would have to be really high.

How high of a velocity are we talking about?

jhill112
08-16-2007, 09:00 PM
not sure how high. i replaced all orings and greased all the parts. not sure were it is set now.also not sure which one is leaking.i guess i need to shoot it over a chrono. i am also runing a apocolyse reg.

chill will
08-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Check the o- rings on your banjo they could be damaged or missing. I beleve that their are 3.

hobo in my trunk
08-17-2007, 08:59 AM
I have a 68 Automag that leaked out the blow-off valve (or whatever you call that pressure relief thing inside the reg) when I had the velocity set too high. It was a slow leak, definitely a leak but nothing to prevent play if I wanted to use it as is. I ran it over the chrono and it was shooting something like 325fps; turned the velocity down and the leak stopped.

edit: My suggestion is to turn the velocity down until it stops leaking, but count the number of turns you give it (count every 1/16 of a turn). If it doesn't stop leaking in 3/4 to 1 1/4 turns then it isn't a velocity problem and return the velocity back to where you started from (count out your turns again, but increasing velocity this time). At least you can rule out the regulator blow-off valve as the cause of your problem at this point.

jhill112
08-17-2007, 06:24 PM
could there be somthing wrong with that brass part inside the reg body?the piston i think that is.