PDA

View Full Version : It sucks to be honest!

Skullker
08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Ok, so I received my A5 receiver halves back from Spec Ops today that were being duracoated and I am NOT pleased. The duracoat job is marginal but that is mostly my fault. The areas that I touched up with JB Weld were messed up a little in the sandblasting process. Oh well. I rolled the dice with that one. That's not the thing that made me mad.

There are rub marks in the duracoat where the A5 halves rubbed against the other marker in the box. They didn't pack this very well. They didn't use any protection between my marker and the other one in the box. :mad:

Oh yeah.......that other marker? It wasn't mine. Those boogers had to go and tempt me by sending me someone else's marker. Not just any marker, but an AUTOMAG! A Digi-camo'd, Long Bowed, Tac One with a $400 red dot sight. %$&#@*#&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/russ_kirby/Freemarker-1.jpg

I called them. Tomorrow we are going to discuss my compensation for being so honest and calling them to tell them of their mistake. For that and for the marginal duracoat job. Oh yeah, and how to get this marker back to them.

Skullker

P.S. Although I am a little upset that the A5 duracoat is messed up, I'm sure there is someone (possibly even from this community) that is putting up missing posters of their Tac One Longbow as I write this. Spec Ops and I are going to work together to get this back to them as soon as possible so that it can get to its rightful owner.

Papa_Smurf
08-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Props for doing the right thing!

Skullker
08-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks. I'm only playing mad, btw. My sense of humor doesn't always translate well. I got on the phone right away once I opened the box to help fix it. I wouldn't want this happening to me.

Skullker

SummaryJudgement
08-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Kudos for being honest :clap:

It certainly would have been easy to keep it I suppose. Whoever gets that thing back should be you a steak and lobster dinner!

Smoothice
08-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Whats in the picture? All I see is some dye stickies and a bike grip!! :wow:

Warwitch
08-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I hope that wasnt somebodies :ninja: project lol...

And :cheers: to you for doing the right thing! Respect.

Chronobreak
08-16-2007, 08:39 PM
that longbow setup looks like another locals from the stl area. only his was all black.

im wondering if it was his he may have sent off and they sent it to you for some reason since you live in the stl area as well.

where do you play by chance?

Skullker
08-16-2007, 09:24 PM
that longbow setup looks like another locals from the stl area. only his was all black.

im wondering if it was his he may have sent off and they sent it to you for some reason since you live in the stl area as well.

where do you play by chance?

That makes some sense. Maybe I'll find out tomorrow.

I play at most of the fields in STL except for Meramec Challenge. Played there once and won't do it again unless there are significant changes. I play mostly at Bushwackers, Wacky (East), and Gateway.

How about you?

mr doo doo
08-16-2007, 09:30 PM
you're a good man Skullker.

you are a man right :confused: ?

Chronobreak
08-16-2007, 09:31 PM
i work at bushwackers and play there mostly

otherwise if i have a choice its xtreme, but i get around to most local fields once a year

ive only seen two tac longbows in the area, i have worked on both at one point or another :D

-and dont bring anyone under 15 to meremec, they might not leave :ninja:

Skullker
08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
You've probably worked on mine too. I was there a few weeks ago and had to fix a leak in my macro fitting before I could play. I play with a black Qloaded ULE mag. First game I played after getting it fixed was 4 on the rest of us. I think it was Scott with his Hyper-framed classic and a local father-son pair. Mark was the dad's name, I think. The fourth was a kid with an e-gripped Tippmann. I may not have gotten the name right, though.

I get it with Meramec. He (you know who) showed up to unlock the gate then left. There were 2 refs that barely did their job at all and there was NO chrono, NONE. After a while ppl starting reffing the games cuz the ref wouldn't come out on the field.

Chronobreak
08-16-2007, 09:49 PM
You've probably worked on mine too. I was there a few weeks ago and had to fix a leak in my macro fitting before I could play. I play with a black Qloaded ULE mag. First game I played after getting it fixed was 4 on the rest of us. I think it was Scott with his Hyper-framed classic and a local father-son pair. Mark was the dad's name, I think. The fourth was a kid with an e-gripped Tippmann. I may not have gotten the name right, though.

i am scott :D

and yes you got me that first game, or the guy at the standup board next to you did

Skullker
08-16-2007, 09:51 PM
you're a good man Skullker.

you are a man right :confused: ?

Yes. Thanks for checking. Used to live in the Bay Area too until I moved to STL in 2005. Born and raised in So Cal, though.

Skullker
08-16-2007, 09:56 PM
i am scott :D

and yes you got me that first game, or the guy at the standup board next to you did

LOL. I was starting to think it was you. I think it was me that got you that game but not sure. I did get Mark and his son. I had to throw a lot of paint to do it, though.

You guys run a good field. I need to get over there more often. I may come this weekend. I finally did get the warp setup for my marker so I gotta test it. Now I can switch between the qloader and the warp.

warbeak2099
08-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Spec Ops and I are going to work together to get this back to them as soon as possible so that it can get to its rightful owner.

You're a better person than I... :argh:

Hexis
08-17-2007, 09:54 AM
You're a better person than I... :argh:

No doubt. The sad part is that he has every legal right to it. But honesty is good.

Pneumagger
08-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Now for the real question at hand: Why is there a $400 EOtech holographic sight on a paintball gun? Makes no sense... unless they're shooting finned paintballs.
... :eek:
ZOMG!!1! You have TK's personal gun! Hold it ransom for a rediculous amount of money.

Seriously though, the gun is the thing that gets hit the most in paintball. I would not want a nice $400 sight getting shattered by a $.05 painball. Whoever has the cash to waste a sight like that can afford a new setup no problem. ;)

rkjunior303
08-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Now for the real question at hand: Why is there a $400 EOtech holographic sight on a paintball gun? Makes no sense... unless they're shooting finned paintballs.
ZOMG!!1! You have TK's personal gun! Hold it ransom for a rediculous amount of money.

Seriously though, the gun is the thing that gets hit the most in paintball. I would not want a nice $400 sight getting shattered by a $.05 painball. Whoever has the cash to waste a sight like that can afford a new setup no problem. ;)

im sur the ano alone was over $400

Jaan
08-17-2007, 10:18 AM
It doesn't suck to be honest. It pays off in the long run. At the end of the day, your reputation is all you really have.

Pneumagger
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM
im sur the ano alone was over $400Painball guns are far too unaccurate to warrant it's usage. It's annalagous to using an analytical balance to weigh your outgoing mail.

Looks good though for a milsim IMO.

Steelrat
08-17-2007, 10:20 AM

I'd bet that's not an EOtech, and is in fact some much cheaper generic knock-off. Unless I'm missing something, and it IS an eotech, in which case they either have too much free-spending money, or are mentally impaired.

drg
08-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Go shoot that thing before you send it back :rofl:

OneUp
08-17-2007, 04:21 PM
If it's a hassle for you, you can send it to me. I'll ship it back to them for you. :ninja:

Skullker
08-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Go shoot that thing before you send it back :rofl:

Don't think I'm not tempted. Prolly the only thing stopping me is that I don't have any longbow mags.

BTW, Spec Ops still hasn't called me back on this. I called them again about 10am (their time) this morning after I didn't hear from them and their paint guys weren't in yet. The day is almost over and I still haven't heard from them. Maybe they decided to let me keep it. :D

mr doo doo
08-17-2007, 07:49 PM
Yes. Thanks for checking. Used to live in the Bay Area too until I moved to STL in 2005. Born and raised in So Cal, though.

oh, i see... well, at least you have some maggers over there, i barely see any here! :cry:

Chronobreak
08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
oh, i see... well, at least you have some maggers over there, i barely see any here! :cry:

reminds me,

we usualy have an AO-MO meet atleast once a year. I would think we would have another in the fall or as soon as the dead heat dies down a bit.

just keep an eye on the meet and greet section :cheers:

Skullker
08-17-2007, 08:12 PM
I stumbled across the posting for the last one too late. :( I already had plans. It was at Xtreme, right?

S