PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3: 4 player co-op sign up!

ntn4502
08-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Lets get a group going thats wants to do this, whos down?

gt = aftica

LinearGoose
08-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Im down. This also reminds me i have to go put the last of my pre order money in.
GT: CWA GOOSE

tribalman
08-18-2007, 07:55 PM
i'd be up for it. but i need to get a 360, what are the differences and do you think it is worth them between the pro or elite? for starters i really don't care about wireless controllers and HD is a non-point cause i'm still running standard 32" Tv and i wont be able to afford one for a long time..

LinearGoose
08-18-2007, 11:49 PM
If it was me I would get the Elite sinces its cheaper to buy it all in one package instead of building it up but really the main differences is the harddrive space. Pro 20gb and Elite 120gb. Both come with all the hd wires, wireless control, head set and LAN Cable. I guess it really depends how much stuff you you download on your xbox sinces you now can download movies, games, tv shows, profile pics and how much stuff you want to save to your xbox as well like music and stuff. Also one is white and the other is black.

fire1811
08-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I will be in

GT = Smelly Inferno

Glickman
08-19-2007, 08:44 PM
GT - ComputersRuinMe

College = Halo 3 all day

Glickman
08-19-2007, 09:11 PM
If it was me I would get the Elite sinces its cheaper to buy it all in one package instead of building it up but really the main differences is the harddrive space. Pro 20gb and Elite 120gb. Both come with all the hd wires, wireless control, head set and LAN Cable. I guess it really depends how much stuff you you download on your xbox sinces you now can download movies, games, tv shows, profile pics and how much stuff you want to save to your xbox as well like music and stuff. Also one is white and the other is black.

i think its actually much cheaper seperately:

Cat 5e cable = VERY cheap at newegg.com
HD cable at walmart or BJ's = ~ $30

LinearGoose
08-19-2007, 09:25 PM
What about the hdd and head set? Arent they like $120 together or something?

tribalman
08-19-2007, 09:37 PM

yeah, i am goign the cheap route. getting the "pro" version that comes with a game and then buying the $20 recharge cord so i can stay corded. hd :rofl: , headsets and 12 years olds :mad: , and it comes with a Lan cable? woah (not mocking you, mocking microsoft for having that be an "extra" feature.) i can make 100ft of it for about $10. thanks microsoft for saving me $5.00. oh wait, the cable dosn't reach across the room. thanks for nothing. and this .."Colors will appear more vivid, blacks will come through deeper and images will move flawlessly across the screen" really, the video card affects the screen? wow. just...wow. haha, reading the specs and info about it remind me of the new agg-markers. "the awesome milling shaves .002 oz off last years model. this means it is more sleek causing less air resistance letting you run faster for longer" :rofl: <--- i need to see that on a marker's ad now.

LinearGoose
08-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Do you mean Pro or Basic? Basic comes with just the box. No hdd or nothing. Pro comes with everything else. Elite is black and has a bigger hdd.

fire1811
08-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Do you mean Pro or Basic? Basic comes with just the box. No hdd or nothing. Pro comes with everything else. Elite is black and has a bigger hdd.

They must be talking about the core system because you are right, it comes with component cables and Ethernet cable 25ft if I remember correctly.

If you guys are unaware MS released a new Premium model that has a HDMI connection. So basically if you buy an elite the only thing you are getting is a 130gb hard drive and a black case.

I have a premium and a 120gb HDD. Before the price drop that was the way to go. Spent $160 on the HDD and sold my 20gb on ebay for $60.

Its of a toss up which is a better deal now that they are only a hundred dollars different.

If you plan on ever needing a 120gb drive I would go with the elite.

Remember a 20gb HDD is only actually 13gb of storage.
With demos and other content it does not take long at all to fill up.