PDA

View Full Version : Are fades out of style?

RavishingEddie
08-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Hello everyone, I was thinking of annodizing my gun to a pretty cool fade, when my friend convinced me that fades are not cool and thus causes the gun to be tough to resell because people don't really like fades that much anymore. Well, maybe I am old but I could have sworn that many mags with fades won MOTM and several guns including DM's and A1's are being sold as fades. Just needed some input since I stopped playing paintball for about 3 months.

ThePixelGuru
08-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Who cares? You're paying for the fancy custom ano, pick whatever colors you feel like. And I'm sure any nice ano could do nothing but good for the resale value.

VeeWee
08-20-2007, 02:33 AM
The Sunrise fade is about the coolest anno you can get, period!

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Who cares? You're paying for the fancy custom ano, pick whatever colors you feel like. And I'm sure any nice ano could do nothing but good for the resale value.

ditto.

Just make sure its a good fade and not a crap job. I have seen a lot of ugly fades, that dont really fade at all, just one color stops the other starts. Its your marker tell your friend to bite your johnson.

minimag03
08-20-2007, 09:46 AM
I think the new(er) fad have a color with different color parts. As in, black with blue eye covers, rail, barrel tip, reg, and things like that.

sixtoes1313
08-20-2007, 09:50 AM
To tell you the truth- A good looking gun is a good looking gun. No matter whats cool at the time. Do what you want with it :clap:

Beemer
08-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Its not hard to stay OT but if you cant dont post.

robnix
08-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Hello everyone, I was thinking of annodizing my gun to a pretty cool fade, when my friend convinced me that fades are not cool and thus causes the gun to be tough to resell because people don't really like fades that much anymore. Well, maybe I am old but I could have sworn that many mags with fades won MOTM and several guns including DM's and A1's are being sold as fades. Just needed some input since I stopped playing paintball for about 3 months.

Bad fades are out of style.

turbo chicken
08-21-2007, 03:48 PM
i still like splash anno ...

but like the rest said ... do what you want ...

blizpaintball42
08-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm a huge fan of acid wash ano, but fades are pretty sweet too. My Toxic Matrix is Black/Blue/Clear and I love it. I just got my Ego done up, and am planning on sending a few more of my markers to be done once I get some more money together... But yeah, whatever you like is what you should get, it shouldn't matter what is "in" or "out".

spectre184
08-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Bad fades are out of style.

so are automags but we still own and shoot them :shooting:

your gun, your $$ you do what you want, screw what people think as long as your happy :dance:

My '81 Camaro I didnt put rear spoiler on. 1/2 like it that way other half said I should put one on. I tell em it's my car and i didnt want it on :headbang:

Warwitch
08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Personally Im sick of fades. Thats why I let my dreads grow.....

SummaryJudgement
08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
I like fades. Yeah, bad fades suck, so does any other bad anno/powdercoat. I remember when splash jobs were all the rave. Heck, they even had splash style clothing for paintball (Smartparts).

If you want the fade, go for the fade. Find a good place and see what kind you can get. What color scheme were you thinking of for your fade?

WenULiVeUdiE
08-21-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, fades are out of style. But if you do not plan on selling it, then don't worry.

Beemer
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Personally Im sick of fades. Thats why I let my dreads grow.....

LOL, you made that same post[with STUPID pic] yesterday at ten AM and it aint there no more, along with two other posts by two other people. But I am sure you saw that since you had to post it again. You were warned before for something and then have to repost after it was removed, no respect for the thread starter Bla Bla Bla.

See ya in two weeks. If ya come back bring some respect and try and be part of the answer.

Ok sorry RavishingEddie just had to drop in and give your thread a little love and respect.[again]

Back on topic.

Fades are cool. If it doesnt fade good then its a two tone. Just pick some good colors and it wont matter. My X-Mag fade is more two tone but still looks pretty cool. Black to Puter. :argh:

LK-13
08-21-2007, 10:19 PM
it's your marker,
get it the way you want it.
tell your friend to get stuffed it's not his gun or his money.

RavishingEddie
08-21-2007, 10:51 PM
LOL, you made that same post[with STUPID pic] yesterday at ten AM and it aint there no more, along with two other posts by two other people. But I am sure you saw that since you had to post it again. You were warned before for something and then have to repost after it was removed, no respect for the thread starter Bla Bla Bla.

See ya in two weeks. If ya come back bring some respect and try and be part of the answer.

Ok sorry RavishingEddie just had to drop in and give your thread a little love and respect.[again]

Back on topic.

Fades are cool. If it doesnt fade good then its a two tone. Just pick some good colors and it wont matter. My X-Mag fade is more two tone but still looks pretty cool. Black to Puter. :argh:

Do you have a pic of your gun? I was thinking of using Pewter as well but something other than black. So I won't copy :)