PDA

View Full Version : Forget the other anno guys, let ME do it for you!!

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 04:26 AM
I found that all the other anno guys on AO are a rip off. Sure their work looks good but is it really worth the price they are charging? Heck no I say. So, I found this little baby on the bay and Ill be starting up soon.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aluminum-Anodizing-Kit-Color-Aluminum-Parts_W0QQitemZ300141423015QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1055 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I settled on this one for one simle reason, fume balls. "Don't settle for kits that don't come with fume balls" So I didn't, this set has them!!

I mean how hard can it be? So start sending in your orders and Ill make your markers one of a kind!! :tard:

kenndogg
08-20-2007, 04:55 AM
make sure you have some good dye.
And no RIT dye isn't any good.

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 04:58 AM
make sure you have some good dye.
And no RIT dye isn't any good.

What, no feakin way!! I just bought 50lbs of each RIT color!!! :mad:

No really if any one needs a quality dye, check out Grateful dyes, I used to make some extra money doing tie dye in college and these are by far the best I have ever used.

http://www.bestdye.com/

OneUp
08-20-2007, 05:00 AM
i think that's a textbook definition of owned.

mr doo doo
08-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Yo, AA, you want a project? let me know, i got something that needs to be done.

Lohman446
08-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Wait a minute. So you, with no experience, have the knowledge on what it takes to be able to judge other prices too high?

Edit: I'm going to hope the first post was simply sarcastic.

luke
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
Wait a minute. So you, with no experience, have the knowledge on what it takes to be able to judge other prices too high?

I agree. Anno is tricky to do, hard to do well, and takes a lot of prep time.

SCpoloRicker
08-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I have two SFLs you can use for practice. I'll pay you one million dollars.

SummaryJudgement
08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
I have two SFLs you can use for practice. I'll pay you one million dollars.

:rofl:

ThePixelGuru
08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Ano a sample and post some pictures.

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Umm am I the only one not taking this post serious? It is intended to be not serious..right..

either way...one of my friends bought one of those kits off ebay,not sure what all it came with but I do know the power source was garbage...

After some trial and error (and being misinformed on the process) he can do some nice stuff..

MANN
08-20-2007, 05:34 PM
I have some raw alum hardline that I need/want annoed. Pm me prices. Each piece is 3' X .25" diameter.

olinar
08-20-2007, 06:13 PM
i was looking at an auction like that recently and it didn't look like that stuff was worth $300. i haven't looked into it much but it seems like all that stuff could be bought cheaper.

Papa_Smurf
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
I've got alum stock laying around. tons of flat bar, I'll give it to you to practice next time we play.

DaFin
08-20-2007, 07:18 PM
A) Something is wrong with the air in Colorado.

B) Something is wrong with the air in everywhere but Colorado and my office.

Me thinks B.

Papa_Smurf
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM

Me thinks B.

I THINK I got that, but maybe not, I'm in colorado...

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 08:09 PM

Me thinks B.
;)

TheTexan
08-20-2007, 08:34 PM
aa you can ano what ever you want of mine
the air is diffrent in co i live hear

Papa_Smurf
08-20-2007, 08:41 PM
aa you can ano what ever you want of mine
the air is diffrent in co i live hear

J, man, I swear my IQ goes down when I read your posts.

cyberave68
08-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I have that same kit... Its a great kit and you'll have access to the caswell ano forum. It helped me out alot... Your going to need alot more stuff to get it up and running. And yes ano is pretty hard. My first couple of parts were lets just say CRAP!!! Lucky for me i have access to all the alum i can handle...LOL :ninja: You will need to get a buffer, sanding supplies, more buckets, power supply, battery acid, dyes, a better tank bar, More wire(Alum Tig welding wire 5056) ph kit, something to measure the tanks temperture, ect ect... I wish you luck with your new hobby and post some pics when you get the hang of it...

TheTexan
08-20-2007, 09:34 PM
J, man, I swear my IQ goes down when I read your posts.

haha yea i know i meant i live in CO

but still i would rather drop my stuff off to aa then ship it and not see it for a year thats just me call me dumb

P.S I am typing with a broken finger in a splint give me a break

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2007, 10:03 PM
haha yea i know i meant i live in CO

but still i would rather drop my stuff off to aa then ship it and not see it for a year thats just me call me dumb

P.S I am typing with a broken finger in a splint give me a break

I don't think his turn around time will be very quick...

TheTexan
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
will even if it isnt that fast i can drive and meet him in 15-30 mins with traffic 45 tops

quick shipping :dance: :D

mr doo doo
08-20-2007, 10:25 PM
well im serious, let me know AA. :)

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 10:32 PM
For those of you that have not figured it out, I was joking about getting the kit. They guys here on AO do an awesome job for a very fair price IMHO.

That being said, reading Cyberave68's post has made me re-think that. I think it would be cool to "mess" around with anoing some stuff. I would never dream of course charging to do any ones anything unless I had many successful, nice looking parts. I however have thought to myself how cool it would be to be able to "do" my own, just to see if I can. I did check out their website and lots of people doing their own items with very good results. Now, would I try and do my own Xmag, NO. Hmmm, in a month or so when I recover from buying my Kartas and another purchase I have in mind :ninja: , I may check back into it.

I know some of you figured I was joking, others thought I was insane, I figured the :tard: and the fume balls deal would of tipped ya off.

So Texan in a few months, after some practice, Ill be happy to do some parts for ya!

TheTexan
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
allright good because i dont really care if its a little messy my guns get beat up

Papa_Smurf
08-20-2007, 10:49 PM
allright good because i dont really care if its a little messy my guns get beat up

When you are 6'3" and fast but uncoordinated, it happens...look at you...

AirAssault
08-20-2007, 11:17 PM
When you are 6'3" and fast but uncoordinated, it happens...look at you...

Be careful, calling someone uncoordinated may get you a warning, say something more PC like coordinatedly challenged.

That is all.

mr doo doo
08-20-2007, 11:22 PM
you had me going there... and i think i did with you too :ninja:

hahaha, it does seem like a cool kit, but i think leaving it up to the professionals would be a better choice.

ProblemKinder
08-21-2007, 01:18 PM
For those of you that have not figured it out, I was joking about getting the kit. They guys here on AO do an awesome job for a very fair price IMHO.

PHEW!!

i figured he was joking at first....then i started to wonder..... :tard: