PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Canadian Xball Champions - Halifax Hitmen

athomas
08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, we finished our Atlantic Canadian AXBL championship run this past weekend. We completed the season undefeated. Only 1 team came close with us barely getting the victory at 10- 8. All other games, we crushed the competition, with the closest game being 12-6 and the biggest spread being 23-3. The biggest part of the win for us is that we started back in Jan with a weekly training regime that included mostly drill for the first 3 months. Then we ramped things up once the outdoor season started and integrated scrimages into our training as well. A good portion of our team were younger players that had no tourny experience. We trained them to be killers and it worked. It goes to show that practice does pay. The system works.

Most of us were relatively unknown until this season. After the first couple of events, teams were afraid to play us. One team rostered Ollie Lang and Markus Neilson to try and stop us this past event weekend. Ollie Lang had to go overseas and couldn't make it, but Markus was there. We crushed them 12- 5. One man doesn't make a team.

We had a spectacle of sorts as well. The second game (not against us) that Markus Neilson played, he got a 5 minute penalty for playing with an obvious hit. He was gogged and continued to roll his gun for about 5 seconds. Then he tried to argue with the head ref (who was the one that actually called the penalty) about it telling him he didn't know what he talking about. He eventually gets put in the penalty box. Deciding in his infinite wisdom, that the reff was wrong and tells the reff so through the netting......The reff, not listening to gods gift to paintball, turns around and continues to reff the game. Markus, decides to use a different approach at communications, sticks his gun outta the box and shoots the head reff in the back of the head 4-5 times. The reff decides to listen. He walks over to the box and tells markus to get the off the field. Well no one talks to the Rich Dream that way, hey, "he invented the run though", "he's rich", "He's bigger then the game", "he's getting paid 10000 to wear his old team new zealand jersey"............So, he rips off his pod pack calls the reff a f**k** f*gg*t and throws it at him..........The reff, (how he maintained his calm is beyond belief)...anyways, markus, still looking to communicate, takes his mask off and whips it at him......Basically calling the reff everything but a whiteman.....markus still won't leave, and why should he,"hes the only player to ever quit dynasty and been allowed to return".

So, with the help of a few officials, Markus makes his way off the field, ejected from the game and the tourney. What a guy. I bet his mother is proud.

We still had a great time and the series was so much fun all summer. If anyone has a chance to play in an official Xball league, I definately recommend it. It is the best, most fun paintball I have ever played.

Jeffy-CanCon
08-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Congrats on your win, guy. Sounds like you earned it, with all that practice!

:cheers:

SummaryJudgement
08-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Congrats!

That ref sounds like a level headed guy. Glad it didn't get any worse. Is there a vid?

CKY_Alliance
08-20-2007, 05:19 PM
congrats...

I saw someone say something about Markus being registered for a local event in Canada..but thats all they said...That's pretty funny,what a loser...

I mean if your gonna cheat...atleast be able to admit when your wrong.

athomas
08-20-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm hoping someone in the audience was shooting video, but I haven't seen anything yet.