PDA

View Full Version : preset tank and retro valve???

dyerules
01-09-2002, 08:44 PM
I'm really considering about getting a retro valve but i was wondering if it will be effected performance wise with a preset n2 tank. it's a nitro duck and i was wondering if the retro valve would work good with it or if u guys have suggestions for something else to change the operating pressure? a new tank is out of the question though.

thank!

brett
01-09-2002, 08:53 PM
the retro will work fine with the preset tank you just wont be able to tune in a different trigger kick back

PyRo
01-09-2002, 09:10 PM
Many people use retros with preset tanks, and like it just fine. The only thing is you cannot really ajust the reactivness of your trigger, but that isn't really a big thing.

freakyt
01-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Mine works. I have a crossfire, about about 800. Very reactive, me likey. Just try to short stroke it, I double dog dare you!!!

dyerules
01-10-2002, 02:52 PM
thanks guys. do u have any suggestions as far as anything i can add to my gun(like a reg) to be able to change the pressure??

Autotrigger
01-10-2002, 08:38 PM
I ran my Retro with a preset tank with no problems. I also ran it with a reg in place of my forgrip. Either way the Retro valve rocks! I didn't notice any differance in the trigger reaction one way or the other!

Bonx0007
01-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Do not use a reg gas thru is better. You don't want to over regulate your gun.

freakyt
01-13-2002, 08:56 PM
Brox is right, air makes regs obsolete. The regs on your tank are enough. Save your money for a reg and invest it in a better tank if you HAVE to spend it. Later on the varible psi might come in handy for ya. But for now, I'd run with the Nitro Duck, and in invest that reg money in some paint to practice with.