PDA

View Full Version : Mini mag setup?

tebo
08-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I was looking at mini mags today and I am really thinking of buying one. I have a few questions. Can I put a gas through fore grip and bottom line with macro on it? Or do i need a HPR(high pressure reg). I already have a compressed air tank and evolution 2, but i am playing on buying a revy for the mini mag.

trevorjk
08-22-2007, 12:39 AM
I was looking at mini mags today and I am really thinking of buying one. I have a few questions. Can I put a gas through fore grip and bottom line with macro on it? Or do i need a HPR(high pressure reg). I already have a compressed air tank and evolution 2, but i am playing on buying a revy for the mini mag.

the minimag, is essentially a classic mag but it has a different style body.

and YES you can put a for grip with gas through for a macro fitting. one thing to keep in mind though is to NOT put a regulator as your front grip. it will more then likely starve the gun. as the back half of the mag valve IS a regulator

tebo
08-22-2007, 12:42 AM
thanks I dont know much about mags but you guys are helping :)
How many shots per fill should I expect from a 47/3000 crossfire tank?

trevorjk
08-22-2007, 12:56 AM
thanks I dont know much about mags but you guys are helping :)
How many shots per fill should I expect from a 47/3000 crossfire tank?

the standard guesstimation equation for efficiency in paintball is 10 shots per cubic inch on a 3k tank. and 15 shots per cubic inch on a 4500 tank.

so 47*10=470

so around a bag of paint on that tank. probably closer to 400ish though. and yes guesstimation should be a word :cuss:

tebo
08-22-2007, 01:09 AM
yeah it should be word, good thing my field has free all day air. Thanks for the help

tebo
08-22-2007, 01:53 AM
what barrel threads does the mini mag have?

trevorjk
08-22-2007, 02:24 AM
what barrel threads does the mini mag have?

that depends on the body, if you have a new ULE body then it is autococker threaded. but with a standard stainless steal body it is going to be a twistlock barrel

tebo
08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Anything i should I should know about the mini mag before I buy one?

mag_lover05
08-22-2007, 11:47 AM
4-6 drops of oil in the ASA after each day of play, take the barrel off, and dry fire it like 15 times.

thats it :headbang:

tebo
08-22-2007, 01:05 PM
sounds too easy, well coming from an ion expert. :rolleyes:

FiXeL
08-22-2007, 04:38 PM
4-6 drops of oil in the ASA after each day of play, take the barrel off, and dry fire it like 15 times.

No no no!! :cry:

If you dry fire a automag with a foamie bolt, the foamie can shoot out. Always put some oil in the valve before you play, shoot some paint while lubing the valve and clean the barrel if needed. The only occasions where i shot a foamy out was while dry firing to lube the gun, and this happened to about 3 mags i have with a foamy bolt.

@trevorjk: A minimag is a mag with the minimag body, not ULE or any other body for that matter. Otherwise it would be just a ULE/other mag. Standard stainless bodies like the classic and minimag bodies take twistlock barrels.

And i do like my minimag!! It's the gun i use when i want to run COČ, @ +/- 5 FPS over the chrono with it! :headbang:

tebo
08-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Wait doesn't oil+ high pressure air= big boom?

[NA]WARLORD
08-22-2007, 06:36 PM
No no no!! :cry:

If you dry fire a automag with a foamie bolt, the foamie can shoot out. Always put some oil in the valve before you play, shoot some paint while lubing the valve and clean the barrel if needed. The only occasions where i shot a foamy out was while dry firing to lube the gun, and this happened to about 3 mags i have with a foamy bolt.

Thats the way I used to do mine and never had any problems with the foamies falling off the bolt.

Wait doesn't oil+ high pressure air= big boom?

Yes, but only if your dumb enough to put oil in your tanks fill nipple like the other guy did. Placing a few drops in the asa or at the valve inlet is hardly going to be enough to siphon back into the tank and cause your bottle to explode.

tebo
08-22-2007, 08:25 PM
is there any where else to mags NEW other than agd's store?

ThePixelGuru
08-22-2007, 09:14 PM
is there any where else to mags NEW other than agd's store?
Yes.
http://www.tunamart.com/
http://www.themagsmith.com/