PDA

View Full Version : pnuemag project

mikecaz
08-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey all I am working on a pneu mag project with my buddy and today I hooked air to the pnue's and I am getting a leak out the side and top hole of the mpv-2 (Brand New), what gives? it is not the pressure from lpr have it just high enough to move the piston any help??

Spider-TW
08-23-2007, 04:48 PM
There's a thread over in the 'Workshop' about sanding the tip of an MSV spool so that it doesn't leak. Look over there for extra pneu info. The MSV vents out of the side. Are you sure you got the inlet and exhaust right? When you push it in, it connects the inlet and exhaust, so it would still work for that. You would just vent all the time and your MPA-3 wouldn't return very well.

Make sure you don't have something under the lever keeping it half way closed. I had a piece of paint shell under it once that made it seem like there was a major leak. I couldn't see it until I took the MSV out to work on it. Put the MSV back without any other changes and it was fine.

mikecaz
08-23-2007, 05:54 PM
I cant find any info on sanding that part of the msv-2. inlet and outlet are correct

Spider-TW
08-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Hmm... I couldn't find it either. The posts only went back to 2006 though. :confused:

I did find this though...

MSV venting thread (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202981&highlight=MSV)