PDA

View Full Version : 11" Crown Point Barrels BUY ONE NOW!!!

AGD
01-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Here is an 11" Crown Point Barrel. Hold on a minute while I put my barrel marketing hat on..... ok here is why this is the best barrel in the world.

The most important feature is the Crown Point itself. A paintball is a light fragile object that is transitioning at high speed from a contained area out into the cruel world. The transition happens quickly and violently as the airflow completely changes polarity around the ball as it goes from being pushed by a tail wind to going into a 200 mph headwind. This dramatic, high speed reversal of airflow confuses the ball as it tries to find the path of least resistance. During the turbulent transition phase the ball can see uneven airflow and that means uneven air pressure on any part of it's surface. This uneven pressure PUSHES your ball off it intended path and DIRECTLY and IMMEDEATELY affects your ACCURACY!!!

I can even PROVE it to you!! Ever drop a rock or marble into the water? Did it EVER go straight in?? NO it ALWAYS did something stupid before it sank to the bottom. The EXACT same thing happens when that poor light little paintball sees the light of day with a 200 mph blast in the face!!

How much do you think getting off only a few thousandths of an inch at the beginning of the balls flight affects the aim point all the way down range? Ask yourself, where is the LAST place I want to mess with the trajectory of the ball. RIGHT AT THE BEGINING!!!

Now think back, how many times have you shot your marker and watched that ball leave the barrel and do a nice straight smooth arc and TOTALLY MISS THE TARGET!!! Once? Twice? NO! It happens ALL THE TIME!! The airflow reversal gremlins got you again!

So you went out and got that boomstick and it was better. The stepped barrels try and accomplish the same thing by stepping the barrel and degassing the air pressure behind it. This allows the ball to see a headwind before it leaves. GREAT you say, BUT NO!! THEY ARE MISSING THE POINT!! The stepped barrels are BIGGER in the last half and the ball STILL is getting hammered around in there BEFORE it leaves!! Think I am lying? POWDER YOUR BARREL AND FIND OUT! Go home crying to your momma when you find out your lame accuracy is due to your lack of physics knowledge.

LISTEN to me, doesn't this make sense? If you had to transition something from inside to outside would you do it fast or slow? Would you do it SMOOTH or rough? ALL AT ONCE, or a little, at a ....time.

The crack engineering team here at BFL spends days thinking about how this stuff works. We knew that ANY small improvement in the transition area would mean MAJOR increase in accuracy down range! We watched as the balls jinked right out of the barrel and knew there had to be a better way.

That better way gentlemen is the Crown Point Barrel!!

The triangular cutouts in the barrel tip, the Crown Points, allow the barrel to "fade away gradually" as the ball moves from the safe confinement of the barrel bore to the massive airflow of the outside world. While the ball is adjusting to it's new environment, little at a time, the points are still holding it on course and ON TARGET! At the end of the transition phase the points are almost gone, and the ball is free to continue on it's way fully stabilized with a smooth airflow and completely on target!!!

How long does this take to get the ball "WET" with the outside world? About the length of the ball. When you dive in the pool, how long does it take to get you wet? About the length of your body! The Crown Points assure complete stability by being THREE TIMES longer than the ball! Any more is a COMPLETE WAIST of time. This is physically, simply and LOGICALLY the shortest possible accurate barrel configuration on the planet.

Why DO you have that long tube with holes on the end of your barrel? Like the length? Like the weight? Like paying for all those holes? Like CLEANING them even more? Thought they DID something? Cause pros use them? Think Michael Jordan wears the same Nike's you buy at the store? Your buddy’s shoots darts? You ever seen a crown point shoot? Or are you comparing it to that other tube with holes? Think the laws of physics work different in your neighborhood? Think if you shot out of a tube at 200 mph you wouldn't have any issues? A paintball is a bag of fluid, you are a bag of fluid, which do you think would be more accurate?

Stick with science, your accuracy will improve, your game will get better. Your friends will respect you and you will get picked first to play. You will be a leader and explain to everyone why you are so good and your gun is SO accurate! They will think your crazy at first but when you snap shoot them out they will stop dissing you and ask where to get one. Then you will experience that special feeling inside, you won't say anything, because you know you won on and off the field.

Buy a Crown Point Barrel and BE somebody!!

Tubby_Ninja
01-10-2002, 12:35 AM
Holy Cow!

This is my favorite part:

Go home crying to your momma when you find out your lame accuracy is due to your lack of physics knowledge.

Or this one:

Buy a Crown Point Barrel and BE somebody!!

Cause I'd like to be somebody. But nobody lame. How bout' G.I. Joe? I like him.

Methinks someone's hitting the NoDoz stash a little hard...

So, you laid your wonderful rap on us, now where can we sheep purchase these fabulous barrels online?

I'm in tears here reading this!

Minimag4me
01-10-2002, 12:36 AM
wow, that was informative

oh and how much(its prolly in the store im too lazy to check)

Bartleby
01-10-2002, 12:38 AM
Tom, have you been taking those marketing classes? Because it shows, really it does. I think i may just dust off my crown point and let it take me for a ride! :D

Minimag4me
01-10-2002, 12:40 AM
tom you should get more marketing hats like your barrel one

vf-xx
01-10-2002, 12:43 AM
Ah ha....
[Yoda voice]
But aren't we forgetting about bore size? Hmmm?

Can I get these in multiple bore sizes? Yesss?
[/Yoda voice]

AGD
01-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Stand by for BORE SIZE, be prepaired....,

Bonx0007
01-10-2002, 12:51 AM
a crown point freak tip is what i would need.

kilaueakid
01-10-2002, 12:52 AM
I am sold!! Can I get one with cocker threads!!!!:D

kila

Minimag4me
01-10-2002, 12:52 AM
oh god its probably like.745, stock barrels are huge this probably is too

Bonx0007
01-10-2002, 12:53 AM
uh o what does he mean by be prepaired. Tom take the hat off your scaring me.:confused:

vf-xx
01-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Just look at your own sig Bonx0007.

"This is going to feel a little weird" --- Morphieus

Sir. Foxalot
01-10-2002, 12:56 AM
Well Im convinced! Ill go get one:D :D

Bonx0007
01-10-2002, 01:00 AM
Good reference Vf-xx

vf-xx
01-10-2002, 01:02 AM
Oh, btw I don't think I ever really thanked you for the benchy 2x. I put a trigger stop in it and it works great now. Thanx

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 01:05 AM
Wow tom... "Marketing 202" is really pulling through for you... lol... Will there be any porting near the triangles or is it already really quiet?

Bonx0007
01-10-2002, 01:19 AM
your very welcome please be sure to put some feedback in the good traders forum. It seems that some have forgot to do this and I am at a loss for references. I am glad to here that the benchy worked well for you.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-10-2002, 01:36 AM
I'm buying one just because Tom is scaring the hell out of me with his first post...might want to get that perscription refilled, TK...hehehehehe..

AGD
01-10-2002, 01:40 AM
BORE SIZE

The uninformed have asked the question “What about bore size?” It has been asked 1000 times, it will be asked 1000 more. Countless dollars will be spent on “BORE SIZE”. Thousands of hours will be spent on “BORE SIZE”. Inaccuracy will be blamed on “BORE SIZE”. Games will be won or lost on “BORE SIZE”. Barrel manufacturers will tell you it’s not accurate because you didn’t have the right “BORE SIZE”. You will spend over a hundred dollars on an aluminunum tube because it has just the right “BORE SIZE”. Somewhere in the world there is a player somewhere who has the perfect “BORE SIZE” is just seems we can never figure out who it is…..

What is the right “BORE SIZE”? Why is it so important to get the right “BORE SIZE”? Those seem like good questions, they seem like important questions, hell they even seem like the right questions! But, they are not the FUNDAMENTAL question.

Gentelemen, the fundamental question is this:

Do you even NEED bore size????

First of all to get a bore size you positively, absoulutely MUST have a BORE!! A bore is a good thing, it contains your paintball, it holds on to your air pressure, it gets your ball moving. If you were like most of the sad pathetic little paintballers in the world you would say “my bore works great!” and the barrel manufacturers would say “sure it is! Here is another one!! It has a different bore size!!” Mr Sad-and-Pathetic says “sure here is my hundred bucks” and life goes on, and on, and on, and on until the world is FILLED with bore sizes. Bore sizes have dominated the world for millions of years, just like the dinosaurs! Were dinosaurs any smarter? NO! Were warm blooded mammals better? YES! How come no one noticed the mammals were better? BECAUSE THE WORLD WAS FILLED WITH DINOSAURS!! There were big ones and little ones (kind of like bore sizes). There were colored ones (also like barrels) there were professional Raptors and amateur Triceratops. And the wise proclaimed “If warm blooded was SO GOOD why isn’t EVERYONE USING IT??” Dinosaurs had really small brains, you figure it out.

So if you were a paintball playing dinosaur you would figure “BORE SIZE” was it. Life would go on for another million years while the mammals squeeked in the the bushed drowned out by the cold blooded masses “we are better try us”. And the secret to true accuracy would stay hidden under a rock.

What do we say at BFL? SCREW BORE SIZE!!!!!! GET A BRAIN!!!

Expand those brain cells for a minute, come on now, try REALLY HARD! If the barrel is say 10” long, you think the first inch from the breach affects accuracy much? After all, the ball has another 9” of barrel to go before it launches. Naw it doesn’t matter that much, the rest of the barrel is doing the work. Well then, does the inch in the middle of the barrel do that much? Not enough brain cells to figure that out? Let me ask you this question, if the first 9” were perfect and the last inch was screwed up bad, you think the first 9 inches would count more than the last inch? HECK NO!! The last inch would make your accuracy go all to hell!! A barrel is only as good as the LAST INCH!!! Ask any real gun guy he will tell you the SAME THING!

So lets calmly review. Bore size is a good thing, we can agree on that, couldn’t get the ball going without it. The last inch is really important because it can screw up your whole barrel if it’s not right. But we digress, what was the fundamental question? Ah yes, do we really, REALLY need a ….bore….size…??

Only if your stupid enough to just use the bore. Hard to take? Am I calling you STUPID? Thinking about ALL THE OTHER bore sizes in the dinosaur dominated world? How big is your brain?

The Crown Point GOES BEYOND THE BORE to a new ADDITIONAL level of accuracy! The last inch counts right? IF the last inch is four tiny little points holding the ball EXACTLY on target while the air flows smoothly around the ball what does “BORE SIZE” have to do with it?? ABSOULUTELY NOTHING!! There IS NO BORE! Its only POINTS!! Just enough to do the job and NOT SCREW UP THE AIRFLOW! The “BORE SIZE” was way back in neverland, inches ago, yesterdays news, dead as pump guns, old as Mick Jagger.

The people with the puny brains literally can’t see past the end of their barrels! It’s like having wheels without tires, milkshakes without whip cream, and women without lingerie. Sure they work without them BUT WAY BETTER with them!!

Get rid of the bore and get a brain, you’ll be smarter to buy a Crown Point Barrel today from your friends who know at BFL.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-10-2002, 01:48 AM
I just emailed Marcia to throw one into my order with my Patriotic Warp and my Intelliframe..but i have one question..what the hell is the BFL?

Snooky
01-10-2002, 01:49 AM
Wow Tom is really scaring me but i have a question are these new crown points the same as the old ones? I have one i have never even tried and after your posts i think im gonna try mine out. so are they the same?

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 01:51 AM
Now I really wish I had won that mag...

Bonx0007
01-10-2002, 02:14 AM
Wow tom just made all you guys puddy in his hands. I want a hat like that. ;)

Minimag4me
01-10-2002, 02:44 AM
ok who agrees that when tom is "wearing his marketing hat" he is either drunk or he has been smoking something

ps if they are a reasonable price i will buy one
(please no page long lectures on reasonable prices:)

Oregon_pb_
01-10-2002, 02:55 AM
I honestly opened this thread thinking what the hell is tom smoking? Crown Points were so 90's, not 2002.

Now i need to find a place that sells them. Thanks tom, r u gunna put food in my baby's mouth? Cause with all dis paintball stuff i can't.

ps j/k i don't have a baby!! ;)

MajorDamage
01-10-2002, 03:38 AM
LOL! THIS IS GREAT!!!! Tom, I love this new hat, you sound either drunk, or like me:D lol! I love the whole dinosaur thing, and please do another page long thing about price! Call me stupid for wanting to know price:D! BTW, I want crownpoint now. The old ref at my field left his crownpoint mag barrel there...must borrow till he picks it up :D! Are the old ones made for both hopper right and left? Oh and Tom, I really like this new hat of yours!

ENDO!

sajohnston
01-10-2002, 04:49 AM
Once again I log on after the frenzy. After reading Tom's opening thread I could see he was feeling his oats a bit and also wondering if he was drunk. For all of us who were wondering this I guess it is true that it takes one to know one!

I own a crown point that I have used for speedball because of its short length (8" I think?). It is a bit loud, and the metallic "ching" some mag owners report seems slightly more pronounced. Accuracy (and Tom forgive me paint to bore match) always seemed fine with marbs and proball (most people classify them as "small" to "medium" in diameter. It was harder to get used to sighting due to being short, the 11" would remove that drawback.

Miscue
01-10-2002, 04:56 AM
Alright, now who gave AGD the number to DYE's marketing department. :p

irbodden
01-10-2002, 06:29 AM
How much Tom? I could use one.

SuperOrangeTicTac
01-10-2002, 06:38 AM
so what is the bore size of the barrel :cool:

MUHAHAHAHAHA!!

kenshinkandon
01-10-2002, 07:11 AM
Will it fit a Centerfeed or would I have to call to get one made to fit.

Gambit1106
01-10-2002, 07:13 AM
WOW not too bad only $20. I will be jumping on the band wagon and becoming deeper under the influence of AGD.

Darren

bofh
01-10-2002, 07:47 AM
Tom,

This is a joke right? Some sort of test to see if we'll buy what you say? To see if you're surrounded by yes men/women? If we're ready to be your foot-soldiers and finish your plans of world domination?

I'll give you the first point, about the crown point easing the trasition into still air.

The second part about the BORE SIZE not important before the end, however, I'll diagree with. Wasn't the point behind BORE SIZE, the consistancy of the air "seal" the whole length of the barrel? Allowing the propellent to be used in a more predictable manner? Wasn't "accuracy" really a result for Consistantcy...?

mountaindud
01-10-2002, 07:49 AM
Tom - Is it at least .689? I understand what you mean with the bore size, but my crown point barrel I've got now I can't get a paintball down, its the smallest bore I've ever seen, are these ones larger?

Sledgehammer
01-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Actually there are (real) firearms that have a bore that gets smaller from chamber to muzzle...

tremis
01-10-2002, 08:39 AM
I have a real good idea what BFL stands for. Dont forget to send 3 barrel o rings with that. Two to hold the nubbin in and one to put over the "NASA Duct" to stop that damn ringing. The first time I used that barrel, I thought I had drank too much the night before. When Tom puts that hat on, it must make him look like a sheperd. The sheep in here will follow blindly :) I'm so glad that tom wasnt wearing a hat at the tech conference in DC when he discussed the crown point.

Tremis

snowman
01-10-2002, 08:43 AM
Dude, I'm so retro..I still USE my Crown Point! I got it in 1991. I RULE! By the way...I think Tom needs to sleep.

beam
01-10-2002, 08:54 AM
**Puts nose in the air and inhales deeply**

Is this HYPE I smell?????

Tom comes out with these posts and now EVERYONE wants a crown point. Where were you guys before?

Only, it's like true hype...not just a fairy tale. Cause he has the data and tests (I hope) to back up his claims.

Tom....this is how fortunes are made in this industry...

Gotta get me one of these. :)

cphilip
01-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Ok... rest easy guys. We have succeeded in penetrating the dyno room and are close to having him sedated. Then we plan to whisk him off to the Betty Ford Clinic for some much needed rest. :D

Hey Tom, is there an over stock of Crown Points in the warehouse? :eek:

And Tom I know you were referring to me here: "Mr Sad-and-Pathetic". I represent that remark!

bofh
01-10-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by beam
**Puts nose in the air and inhales deeply**

Is this HYPE I smell?????

No... that's not HYPE... :)

manike
01-10-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by MajorDamage
Tom, I love this new hat, you sound either drunk

Tom doesn't drink alchohol... at least he didn't used to and I doubt he has started. I'd say he just had enough of people asking him why he doesn't make barrels. His opinions on the subject of barrels are very strong. As you can see...

manike

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 10:07 AM
But you are scaring me...

Ive always been a fan of AGD's honest to goodness modestness and honesty. This is a complete flip around. I hope we didnt drive you insane. Highfalutin marketing reminds me of those Richard Simmons informercials and tends to turn some people off and makes people a bit skeptical.

I am in no way chalanging your results as you have more expereince than I ever will. But we have to be careful about how much we "butter" our claims as when people find discrepencies in those claims or if your barrel dosen't perform to expectation AGD will loose credibility. I mean we are making some revolutionary claims and history dictates that sudden change often preceeds conflict. Perhaps it would be better to ease the theory into market making gradual transition.

Remember honest to goodness honesty and modesty will bring you the respect of many. So far AGD has NEVER been wrong and you have won the respect of many because of it. Just look at the strength of your customer base.

Well, what I am saying is to not stoop down to the level of Smart Parts. They have diminished their credibility to nil in my book. Where everything SP says is worth less than a bucket of whale sh..

WOW what a post to wake up to!

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-10-2002, 10:12 AM
i'm definitely going with bofh on this one. i think he's just testing us or he has to many and wants to get rid of them. i did a post on this a while ago. saying how if he just came out and said one thing, everyone would follow. don't really have the will power to find it, but this was a perfect example. i'll have to con my friend to giving me his for 5 bucks. i want to see for myself if this is true or not.

Gecko
01-10-2002, 10:24 AM
don't forget the neato tuning fork noise the barrel makes after you shoot paint through it
Gecko

mrhooie
01-10-2002, 10:31 AM
Somewhere, methinks, Tom is laughing manically...

You know - from someone who's always been a straight shooter - (pardon the pun) to come out with something like this, it has to be some kind of test..

If it did prove true - when has AGD ever come across like this?

There's method behind the madness, and only AGD himself knows what that is......

I'm a big fan of I'll believe it when I see it. So if they do come up for sale - i'll bring one in and test it out

tooslow
01-10-2002, 10:34 AM
mrhooie: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=154&CATID=5

If you really want one, they are for sale on the AGD store... if you really want one....:rolleyes:

mrhooie
01-10-2002, 10:37 AM
Thanks for looking our for me tooslow

:D

guess I buy online now before my AGD Dealer application gets processed

mrhooie

Thordic
01-10-2002, 10:38 AM
I think Im getting one for my birthday :)

Toxic Dave
01-10-2002, 10:44 AM
I'm amazed at the fact that great deal of people on this board will follow the word of tom Kaye like it's gospel. Blindly following at his every thought. Guess what he knows tons of stuff and has the knowledge and equipment to back up his theory's but he ain't god.
The Crown point barrel the best possible barrel???!!! you're insane! Wouldn't a series of holes along the front section of a barrel be just as effective in slowly introducing the ball into the cold harsh world? Gee it works pretty good doesn't it? wow it's quiet too.
As for bore size not mattering, you try to jam a .690 ball through a .684 barrel. I guess you would just blame the paint manufacturers or the barrel manufacturers anyway.

dave

Thordic
01-10-2002, 10:49 AM
Dave -

First off, for $20, you can't go wrong.

Secondly, who knows, Tom might just be testing to see who will listen to him like that.

Third, I use my 8" MM stock barrel very often, and REALLY like the performance. It shoots just as well as my 14" SP AA barrel. So, given that I am impressed with AGD's barrels already, why not give another one a shot, especially for only $20? If they were $50, I would have passed.

I do think a bunch of people here are just going on faith and not experience, though, possibly.

Also, you can take in the fact that these original Crown Points are a piece of Automag history :) I'd probably buy one for $20 even they shot like crap just to own one.

shartley
01-10-2002, 10:59 AM
I can’t believe this…..

Look there is only two things this can be…

1) Joke
And that would not be a good thing to do following so close to the super bolt thing. Sorry, bad mistake.

2) Insanity.
Tom needs a serious vacation. Even more so since he is going against things he has TOLD other people, and has posted on his site.

This Worship stuff has gone to the point of being sad. I am glad that I did not post my HUGE post shooting all this down (that I wrote at 6 this morning) because I would have been lynched by more than a few. But I think this has gone far enough.. even if it was a joke (which I hope it is, since although a bad move is better than if he is serious).

Tom.. I see you reading this.. will you please end this one way or the other?

bofh
01-10-2002, 11:00 AM
Actually looking back at Tom's first post, the transfer boundry stuff he's talking about is bunk...

The paintball is already hitting still air, at nearly 200mph even in the barrel... the rock in the water idea only applies for density medium changes.

But he did made it sound pretty believable

Toxic Dave
01-10-2002, 11:02 AM
Thordic, I was selling overstock for a local store last year on ebay and was getting around 20 bux for crown points, there is a market for them obviously, and they do look pretty cool, but come on a superiour barrel? insanity.

Butter,

what's your beef with Smart parts? they've got one of the best markers available right now, the impulse it shoots awesome, and at half the price of it's comp. Their customer service is much better than it ever has been.

dave

bofh
01-10-2002, 11:03 AM
And in the time it took me to write that, three people post like comments.

I'll probally buy one anyway, I've always liked the way it looked, and I think it used to cost closer to $40... it'll go on the stock barrel pile.. :)

Potatoboy
01-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Look at what I pulled out of my cache...

http://www.synreal.net/users/tato/shart_800.gif

Thordic
01-10-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Toxic Dave
Thordic, I was selling overstock for a local store last year on ebay and was getting around 20 bux for crown points, there is a market for them obviously, and they do look pretty cool, but come on a superiour barrel? insanity.

I never claimed they were the best barrel. I'm buying one because A) I like AGD barrels (I never said they were they best, just that I liked them) B) Because the price and C) because of the fact its almost a collectors piece.

Thats all. Tom's post may be a little over the top, but I did enjoy reading it. If he had just posted "Check the store for crown points, now on sale" I woulda bought one too :)

cphilip
01-10-2002, 11:05 AM
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/ssst.gif

vf-xx
01-10-2002, 11:21 AM
I feel jypped. I never did get my question answered.

I've tried shooting large bore paint out of a small bore barrel. That's no good. Neither is shooting small bore paint out of a large bore barrel (flatline and zbody excluded).

:(

Oh well I think i'll just stick with what I got.

tooslow
01-10-2002, 11:25 AM
Potatoboy: Look 4 posts above your post.... you will see SHartley post that replaced the post so you proudly display.... Where are trying to go with this?

I'm not sure how to respond to this because you keep editing the content of your post....

manike
01-10-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by vf-xx
Neither is shooting small bore paint out of a large bore barrel

Really? Mine works great (ask Jonneh hehehe) apart from when the occasional ball rolls out. That I hate!

manike

Phil
01-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Bore size matters. If you have a small bore barrel and shoot medium paint you will break paint like mad.

Is there any science or comparison studies to back up the claims of this barrel manufacturer?

Potatoboy
01-10-2002, 11:31 AM
tooslow: I was just saying that shartley posted earlier and it was deleted. After I noticed that he had posted again (while I was working on mine) I edited it to omit the line that said he didn't end up posting at all.

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Toxic Dave

Butter,

what's your beef with Smart parts? they've got one of the best markers available right now, the impulse it shoots awesome, and at half the price of it's comp. Their customer service is much better than it ever has been.

dave

Oh I have no problem with thier products, I belive the max flow is the best regulator out there, the impulse is one of the best bang for the buck markers, and the freak is really innovative. But ONLY because I have tried them. My beef isn't with thier products it's with thier marketing. I hate LIARS. Please, turbulance, spiral porting increasng range and accuracy come now!?!?! We all know that is physycally impossible. I guess you can say my pet peve is people who decieve people for thier own gain. I hate explaining to people over and over again that smart parts marketing is nothing more than a set of carefully crafted lies. It really turns me off... If they didnt lie so much maybe I would have an impulse with a max flow right now.

manike
01-10-2002, 11:39 AM
Butterfingers, have you seen the new DYE catalogue? It states very plainly that porting has nothing to do with accuracy :) Nice to see them being honest. They are also a few snide shots at Smarts Parts in there...

manike

Ityl
01-10-2002, 11:44 AM
If we are referring to firearms, then isn't closed bolt more accurate? lol

I had a crown point, shot...well...like crap.

Tubby_Ninja
01-10-2002, 11:44 AM
My kid used to have one of those toys where you point the arrow at a barnyard animal, and then pull the string. The arrow spins around and says something like, "The cow goes, MOOOOOOOO!"

I think Tom pointed the arrow at "Sheep", and pulled your string.

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by manike
Butterfingers, have you seen the new DYE catalogue? It states very plainly that porting has nothing to do with accuracy :) Nice to see them being honest. They are also a few snide shots at Smarts Parts in there...

manike

I didnt yet, im gonna have to pick one up. But, Im glad to see companies are coming clean.

headcase
01-10-2002, 11:49 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by vf-xx
Neither is shooting small bore paint out of a large bore barrel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

originally posted by manike

Really? Mine works great (ask Jonneh hehehe) apart from when the occasional ball rolls out. That I hate!

manike

Based on my experience with PPS markers(Typhoons, Nasty Typhoon, Blazers, and an upgraded PGP) I'm going to have to agree with manike here. I've found that then will shoot anything well. Why? I don't know, but the barrels work. The bore is so big on their markers that you can shoot soup cans out of them!(Well almost at least. :) )

Toxic Dave
01-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Butter,

I can see why'd you be turned off by that, their newer ads etc seem to be trying to shy away from that whole scene, but I guess I understand. The new dye catalogue is very nice, and there is some funny stuff in there. I like to see that paintball companies are puttting some money behind actual professional looking marketing, maybe the industry is getting somewhere.

dave

headcase
01-10-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ityl
If we are referring to firearms, then isn't closed bolt more accurate? lol

I know your joking but I've fired the M-16(closed bolt) and M-249 SAW(open bolt) and the only limiting factor with the Saw's accuracy is the lack of good sites. It will put rounds where you want them, assuming it has been well maintained of course.

manike
01-10-2002, 11:55 AM
DYE's marketing is fantastic. Apparently they just picked up the photographer from JT (I met him at the cup as we were going through the catalogue). And that guy is talented, probably the best photographer in paintball (after Dawn Mills hehehe).

manike

Temo Vryce
01-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by AGD
The people with the puny brains literally can’t see past the end of their barrels! It’s like having wheels without tires, milkshakes without whip cream, and women without lingerie. Sure they work without them BUT WAY BETTER with them!!

I found this part very funny.

Tom if you are serious about this have you looked at Crossfire's Ramrod Barrel. It takes your ideas to the extreme.

beam
01-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Temo Vryce
Tom if you are serious about this have you looked at Crossfire's Ramrod Barrel. It takes your ideas to the extreme.

Give me an "L" ..........."L"
Give me an "O" ..........."O"
Give me a "U" ..........."U"
Give me a "D" ..........."D"

What's it spell? Ramrod!
Louder! .............RAMROD!

Yahoo! Alright! Yippee! Here we go EARPLUGS...Here we go! boom boom

:D:D

hitech
01-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
If he had just posted "Check the store for crown points, now on sale" I woulda bought one too :)

For $20, so would I (and I did). :D

hitech
01-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Thordic
... I use my 8" MM stock barrel very often, and REALLY like the performance. It shoots just as well as my 14" SP AA barrel.

I want one of those also, to carry on the field so I can swap barrels instead of squeegeeing. Three of my friends have mini mags and no one will give up their barrel. They shoot well, they are just a tad loud.

hitech
01-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by headcase
Based on my experience with PPS markers(Typhoons, Nasty Typhoon, Blazers, and an upgraded PGP) I'm going to have to agree with manike here. I've found that then will shoot anything well. Why? I don't know, but the barrels work. The bore is so big on their markers that you can shoot soup cans out of them!(Well almost at least. :) ) [/B]

My stroker (it is an annihilator conversion) shoots anything, and it is very accurate. Has a smaller barrel than my smart part progressive, by buddies dye something or other and the stock mini mag barrel.

manike
01-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by hitech
I want one of those also, to carry on the field so I can swap barrels instead of squeegeeing.

This is not usually allowed because swapping your barrel can and will change the velocity. This may take it over the allowed limit. Check with your field first before trying this. They may throw you off for cheating if it is not allowed. It is NEVER allowed in tournies.

manike

Thordic
01-10-2002, 01:19 PM

This is not usually allowed because swapping your barrel can and will change the velocity. This may take it over the allowed limit. Check with your field first before trying this. They may throw you off for cheating if it is not allowed. It is NEVER allowed in tournies.

manike

Technically, if its the same barrel, would it matter?

I know the rule, but it brings up an interesting idea.

manike
01-10-2002, 01:23 PM
Yes it would. A barrel that looks the same will not necessarily fire at the same velocity. It may have a larger or smaller bore which can affect velocity.

Everywhere I have ever known does not allow you to do it. I guess anywhere that allows you to carry multiple guns would let you do it (big games, scenarios etc.), but you would need to chrono your gun with both barrels and have it set to a velocity with the fastest one... It would never be ok under any circumstances in a tourny.

manike

hitech
01-10-2002, 01:29 PM
This is not usually allowed...Check with your field first before trying this. They may throw you off for cheating if it is not allowed. It is NEVER allowed in tournies.
manike

My field allows it. And yes, you need to chrono both. And you are correct, it isn't allowed in tournies. By buddy tried for years to change Jim Lively's mind on that one. :D After all, how long does it take to chrono two "quick release" barrels?

toymyster
01-10-2002, 01:38 PM
Tom, you finally got a marketing hat, and just in time for the California tour!!! That is good news indeed, you should wear it more often!!!

manike
01-10-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by tooslow
mrhooie: http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=154&CATID=5

If you really want one, they are for sale on the AGD store... if you really want one....:rolleyes:

It's amazing what you can find when you read a whole thread ;)

manike

Rynoboy06
01-10-2002, 01:45 PM
If Tom comes out and says "this shoots better, and it costs $20", I'm halfway to buying it. If Tom comes out and says "this shoots better and I'll show you the evidence, and it costs $20" I'll buy two. Quick test please - or show previously garnered results. Or at least tell me you have scientific evidence from a barrel Vs. barrel test. Please. At $20 I want to beleive you.

Russ
01-10-2002, 01:46 PM
What 'ta...

Tom, that was the most insulting post I've read in a quite a while, maybe EVER. Take that Crown Point and...:eek:

I hope this is a joke :mad:

z-zero
01-10-2002, 02:34 PM
I think Tom is such a neat guy this is to funny. Although he might be serious. Think about it why else would he ship tapered barrells with crown point tips on RT Pro's and E-mag's. I've heard these were good all around barrells. Maybe a little loud, but for $20 how can you go wrong. $20 out of your pocket and the added support for AGD, and the barrell for you so you can see for yourself. Excellent Marketing Technique, I'd like to know how many he has sold already.

z-zero

Tbone
01-10-2002, 03:16 PM
I'm so confused :confused:

Gambit1106
01-10-2002, 03:34 PM
See I look at this like som of the others. Its only 20 dollars. If the barrel isn't what I expected it will be on the for sale block or put in the "box o' stuff" in my basement. If TK has gone insane or being held hostage by evil elves, I figure I can give it a try.

Darren

SoupRman
01-10-2002, 03:34 PM
can this also be said bout the crownpoints for e-mags and RT's? or are they different.. i'm confused too, at first i thought it was all about bore sizes,

synreal
01-10-2002, 03:38 PM
whether serious or not, me thinks mr tom spent a bit too much time huffing glue this morning. ;)

btw, am i mistaken or is it possible to combat the "airflow reversal gremlins" by yoddeling REALLY loud and offering sacrifices of diet sodas and cheese logs?

Shaft
01-10-2002, 03:49 PM
BFL? Hmmm. Big funny Liars?

SiLeNt X
01-10-2002, 04:03 PM
WHAT A ********* you are to even post stuff like that and never tell us if you are jokeing or not....peoples money have just been spent on you ......tom i will never think of you the same way again:mad:

ThePatriot
01-10-2002, 04:04 PM

Actually, i think a woman who is wearing no lingerie, or anything for that matter, is much better than a woman with lingerie on...

manike
01-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by ThePatriot
Actually, i think a woman who is wearing no lingerie, or anything for that matter, is much better than a woman with lingerie on...

You are ssssooooooooo wrong ;)

manike

SoupRman
01-10-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by SiLeNt X
:mad:

umm..... i hope you delete what's in yoru post... foul language is not tolerated.. and all that other stuff... that's not very nice to say.

nutz
01-10-2002, 04:51 PM
what in the world is going on?? i think tom either has some clearing up to do or is right.... :confused:

magmonkey
01-10-2002, 04:58 PM
I think I smell a leson coming

zads27
01-10-2002, 05:01 PM
I think I get what's going on, but I'll wait for Tom's word on this one.. I like seeing what everyone else thinks.

EDIT: hehe I'm gonna get everyone in on this!

From AIM:

Zads: check it out
Zads: tom kaye went nuts

AngelBoy
01-10-2002, 05:07 PM
I'm just wanderin why Tom's not replyin to this yet... because hes online right now. But no matter what he says, I'm stickin with my boomer and CP barrel back.

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 05:08 PM
DUDES! This is just to test out his marketing skillz... lol, he must of picked up one of those infomercial tapes on how to advertise...

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps
DUDES! This is just to test out his marketing skillz... lol, he must of picked up one of those infomercial tapes on how to advertise...

If thats the case the tape must be reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaly bad!!!

LOL "Infomercial tapes on how to adverise" thats funny too...

zads27
01-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Hey Mods,
This should also be posted under Tom's Tech Tips under "How to start a posting fervor on an online forum" :D

GallagherAtWar
01-10-2002, 05:33 PM
So is the barrel good? has any 1 got 1 yet? do they like it?

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by zads27
Hey Mods,
This should also be posted under Tom's Tech Tips under "How to start a posting fervor on an online forum" :D

Or how to test the loyalty of your cult... :)

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 05:35 PM
This barrel is good and Tom is serious about selling this the way he is. He's trying a new marketing approach ok? Lets just say he's wearing his Dye/SP/JT/PTP cap instead of his REAL barrel cap...

Miscue
01-10-2002, 05:41 PM
You think this barrel post is impressive? You just wait until the REALLY cool stuff comes out. Top Secret, CovertOps... AlienTechnology type stuff. <FONT SIZE=1>Super Nubbins!</FONT> Oops, I done said it. Shhh! :)

Oregon_pb_
01-10-2002, 05:42 PM
woa, people.

take a 5 min break.

Realize your gun shoots the same as it did yesterday with your same barrel, by reading this post your accuracy DIDN'T go down.

Whether this is a joke or not, (i'm pretty sure its not a joke) your gun will only show minor difference if anything.

I shot a crown point on my mag a couple years ago, shot it just fine.

Believe the hype or not, but don't attack tom for posting this.

Its up to you to chose to read it.

Its up to you to chose to spend $20 on the barrel.

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 05:47 PM
It's just good for tom to learn how to use hype to his advantage now... Crown point won't up accuracy or anything but it's still pretty nice for the price...

OldSchoolMag
01-10-2002, 05:56 PM
*Sing-Song Voice*
Guess who's still got their CROWN POINT BARREL...!

Guess who's not caught up in hype, confusion, and a lack of $20 (plus S*H!) ...!
*End Sing-Song Voice*

Aww... I want hype! Anyways, I've shot both the Freak and the Crown Point - I like 'em both. Both accurate, both nice, but I do have a question about one thing - BEING QUIET?!?!?! I'm sorry, but if neon pink gelatin spheres are being hurled at me from 50 yards away, I'm going to know what direction and exactly where their coming from, noise aside. My barrel works. I know it works, I've seen it work, and do I care why? Nope. It works, good enough for me. Maybe we should just stick with what works... ya think? If your CP works, great, more power to you. If your Freak works, wonderful. Let's not get caught up in this when we haven't seen evidence proving or DISPROVING what Tom says.

Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey eliminated.

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 05:59 PM
This barrel is good and Tom is serious about selling this the way he is. He's trying a new marketing approach ok? Lets just say he's wearing his Dye/SP/JT/PTP cap instead of his REAL barrel cap...

I disagree. This is a complete 180. He either (1) went nuts or (2) is testing us. For the following reasons:

The claims seem to be outrageous or at best contiversial. I mean why come out with this now when these barrels were in existance for almost a decade.

The tone seems to be scarcastic and follows the type of faulty reasoning companies like Smart Parts would use.

His previous tests with powdering the barrel prove that the balls DONT bouce around why would he all of the sudden conradict himself.

It also goes against what is known and tested. Tom wouldent do that without adequate proof.

If he is in fact wearing his dye/sp/jt/ptp cap then I have lost a lot of respect for AGD. It would be like "selling out." I have always admired honesty and in the long run honesty IS the best policy. Thats why my last 3 guns were AGD. Thats why in the future I will continue to look at AGD for all my paintball needs. Because I know I can look AGD in the face and I know they will give me a straight answer. Because they CARE about thier customers and are not just out to make a quick buck. Because they make a QUALITY product.

IMHO AGD's goal should be defending that is right and true and dispelling all the myths that surround the rest of the paintball world. People are smart, they will figure it out...eventually.

AGD is an innovator not an immitator. It has always been that way and that commands a HUGE amount of respect.

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 06:01 PM
SHHH! Butterfingers! don't ruin the fun! Tom just wants to sell thest though...

J
01-10-2002, 06:02 PM
...I hate that monkey.... And are these just old barrels lying around? I assume the are with all the other stuff AGD is doing...

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 06:04 PM
Tom just wants to sell thest though...

At what cost... it certainly isn't worth compromising integrity.

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Dude... dont' take it so heavy...

OldSchoolMag
01-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Hmm, you think he might be waiting for someone to claim that they too have seen the marvelous Crown Point barrel in action, and yes, it keeps balls straight, shoots them for over a mile, and walks the dog when you ask it. Come on everybody, let's jump on the SUPERBOLT --- I mean, Crown Point Barrel bandwagon.

What has the CP barrel done for YOU ?

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
Hmm, you think he might be waiting for someone to claim that they too have seen the marvelous Crown Point barrel in action, and yes, it keeps balls straight, shoots them for over a mile, and walks the dog when you ask it. Come on everybody, let's jump on the SUPERBOLT --- I mean, Crown Point Barrel bandwagon.

What has the CP barrel done for YOU ?

The superbolt actually did what it was advertised to do though, well at least until it broke.

OldSchoolMag
01-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Well, I was TRYING to allude that when the Superbolt problems came out, someone exclaimed that it did something amazingly unbelievable - it broke and shot them. Why? Because they wanted to be on the bandwagon, be with the crowd (of what, about a dozen people?) that had problems with their Superbolts. I was TRYING to show that he might be trying to do that again, without flat out stating it. I wasn't saying that the barrels were faulty, or that the Superbolts were - I was saying that people say things that shouldn't be said for no other reason than being with the crowd.
Sheesh, read between the lines pal. I even bolded 'em:)

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 06:23 PM
sorry my bad.

deded
01-10-2002, 06:24 PM
whoa...

the boards are in disarray.

No one knows what to think.

joke/no joke?

substance abuse? :D

or maybe this is toms funny way to introduce their new modular bore size barrel system...

we shall see

mwuhahahahahahaaaa!

Vegeta
01-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Oh (excreetions) Tom is turinging into SMARTPARTS.
Have you gotten their catolog lately? its all this stuff like:

"Fast. Quiet. Accurate. Patented. Best in the world."
WTF is that?

Tom, hate to sya it, but either that "Hat" of yours is a fog hat (ahh.. that sweet, sweet alcoholic fog is rollin in) or you need a serious vacation. You really needed it after the SB problem. Get out. Go somewhere warm. Bahamas. The keys. Muai. Soemthing to get you mind of Pball and back on what every middle age man should be thinking about:
SPRING BREAK!
CANCUN TOM! GO GO GO!

Man I could see it:

"Hi, I'm Carson Daly and I'm here with the KING OF SPRING BREAK.... TOM KAYE! (Camera switches to Tom in the background sippin down a Diet Pepsi in a hot tub...)"

DYE-BaLLeR
01-10-2002, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by AGD
BORE SIZE

SCREW BORE SIZE!!!!!!

Originally posted by AGD
Bore size is a good thing

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-10-2002, 06:42 PM
TOM SAY SOMTHING I DONT KNOW WHO TO BeLIVE!!!!!

personman
01-10-2002, 06:42 PM
lmao at Dye Baller's post

Vegeta
01-10-2002, 06:47 PM
And, yes, I heard Tom talkign about finding a whole box of crown points in the attic or soemthing, its not like htey are re making htem, i don't think. If you buy one of htese, your not only gettign a good barrel for 20 $, you getting a peice of AGD history.

manike
01-10-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Aliens-8-MyDad
TOM SAY SOMTHING I DONT KNOW WHO TO BeLIVE!!!!!

Does that mean you would believe whatever Tom says? I think you may have just proven his point.

manike

marc
01-10-2002, 06:50 PM
Tom, Im stupid, trusting, and have me some money right now. I was wondering if in the crown point barrel if there is anything inside it that makes it special(I told u i was stupid). My next question is is the stock barrel on emags a crown point or is it just a quincidence that they look very much alike? How much do the crown point barrels sell for? and can the be bought for freaks (I know, they sucks and there is no point to them because of the whole bore think, but i dont know how to do all of the studies you do, and my mom will get really mad when she finds out that Im buying an new barrel).And I really hope you are not joking about this because I trust that you would not do that to people.

SiLeNt X
01-10-2002, 06:51 PM
THIS IS A WARNING, NO FOUL LANGUAGE

personman
01-10-2002, 06:52 PM
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=9570&St=7428&St2=-59896033&St3=32463563&DS_ID=7&Product_ID=154&DID=17
20 bucks

OldSchoolMag
01-10-2002, 06:54 PM
X, I think you should chill down a bit man, you don't even know for sure if Tom is doing this as a joke or not. Wait and see, man. Grab a beer (not if you're under 21) sit down, and ... breathe.

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Silent X...

Oooh thats gonna be edited...

Maxd Out
01-10-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By AGD, now part of Tom's Tech Tips:
Does having a good paint barrel match improve your accuracy??? YES. How does it do it? Very simple, if your gun shoots with a consistent velocity the paintballs will tend to follow the same arc, thereby improving accuracy. It technically is making your gun more consistent which is a better term than accuracy.

How does this informative post about bore size compare to this?:

Originally Posted By AGD:
What do we say at BFL? SCREW BORE SIZE!!!!!! GET A BRAIN!!!

Ah yes, do we really, REALLY need a ….bore….size…??

Only if your stupid enough to just use the bore. Hard to take? Am I calling you STUPID? Thinking about ALL THE OTHER bore sizes in the dinosaur dominated world?

How big is your brain?Get rid of the bore and get a brain, you’ll be smarter to buy a Crown Point Barrel today from your friends who know at BFL.

Tom: Did you just come to a realization from six months ago? Is there something missing here? Unless you can tell me otherwise, you have completely contradicted yourself with this post.

I am completely disregarding anything mentioned in todays bore size attack. Wether it be a test or not, I have proof that contradicts this HYPE. Trusting in AGD's ideals of cutting through the BS, I have done so by relying on information which I know is true. No offense to AGD about todays statements, but I think all of us deserve an explanation.

I could care less about the barrel, hell it is only $20... I just might even buy one- for the $20 dollar reason, not the "SCREW BORE SIZE!" reason.

bofh
Whao, settle down there. The CP isn't a bad barrel at all, and for the price, I might buy a few for alloy stock... Allumium valves anyone?...

But don't think that's not a good deal. The stock barrels do shoot very well.

I'm sure Tom will let us in on his joke.

M-a-s-sDriver
Crown points suck. And they ring. I hate the ringinging.
But they are great in the rain. Boomsticks and Freaks suck in the rain. Thats why GOD made Lapcos. They don't suck anywhere. For whatever reason every CPoint barrel I have ever had was a paint breakin' mofo. The paintballs it did shoot shot strait.
My wife uses one of my old ones on the end of a clear hose to vacuam out the fish tank. Works great for that because the Crown Points allow the gravel to be introduced to the water in a gradual turbulant fashion which lets the water and fish crap get sucked up, but not the gravel. It's a great design for sucking up fish crap.
Buy one for $20 and drill lots of holes in it and make a Boomstick.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

SiLeNt X
01-10-2002, 06:57 PM
did you see my post at page 4 AGD edited it so i know he is watching.....why should it be edited if it got thought the filters?

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolMag
...Grab a beer not if you're under 21...

Now thats funny... :)

OldSchoolMag
01-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Maybe you shouldn't try to bypass the filters...

Of course, I could be wrong. But then again, I'm not the one frequently referring to a four legged creature's wang, now am I?

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by M-a-s-sDriver
Crown points suck. And they ring. I hate the ringinging.
But they are great in the rain. Boomsticks and Freaks suck in the rain. Thats why GOD made Lapcos. They don't suck anywhere. For whatever reason every CPoint barrel I have ever had was a paint breakin' mofo. The paintballs it did shoot shot strait.
My wife uses one of my old ones on the end of a clear hose to vacuam out the fish tank. Works great for that because the Crown Points allow the gravel to be introduced to the water in a gradual turbulant fashion which lets the water and fish crap get sucked up, but not the gravel. It's a great design for sucking up fish crap.
Buy one for $20 and drill lots of holes in it and make a Boomstick.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

LOL LOL LOL does that really work... I got like 8 fish tanks and it takes me forever to clean them. Maybe this would be a good investment. Off to the AGD store I go!!!

bofh
01-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Maxd Out

Did you just come to a realization from six months ago? Is there something missing here? Unless you can tell me otherwise, you have completely contradicted yourself with this post.

Maxd out,

I think Tom needs his marketing speak polished a bit. I'm sure that he's taking notes... stay consistant through out, sprinkle a little truth in the speil, and make fun anologies that distract from the subject...

I dare say a few more tries and he'll be there with the big boys...

Hey Tom, now that you're practicing to sell out, are we going to see adverts with semi-naked women on the them... (ah the good ol' days of the minimag posters...) Afterall, if you're going to adopt the ways of the competition, you really should go whole hog...

Butterfingers
01-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bofh
...are we going to see adverts with semi-naked women on the them... (ah the good ol' days of the minimag posters...) Afterall, if you're going to adopt the ways of the competition, you really should go whole hog...

HEY theres nothing wrong with semi naked women that ALONE should be enough cause to buy a product. :) JKJK

OldSchoolMag
01-10-2002, 07:10 PM
By signing up with Automags Online, you agreed not to attempt to pass the filters or talk about taboo subjects.

• Off topic posts are allowed, but they must be reasonable and civil.
• No racial, religious, or sexually inflammatory language.
• No cussing.
• Do not try to circumvent the cuss filters by using spaces or other characters.
However, there are some rules as we strive to keep the forum "family" orientated, and maintain a "PG-13" level of discussion.

I suggest you read the Forum Rules.

...those are just the ones that you have broken, there ARE more.

...fine, I'll post the link for you.

http://www.automags.org/chat/forumfaq.shtml

NOW where's your excuses?

loudhush
01-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Hi, Long time reader first time poster :)

I think I have read all the posts and as far as could see no one has pointed out that Tom was selling gun bags a few days ago. Both products are old. As far as I am concerned this is not a coincidence. The first one is the tried and true honesty is the best policy notice that a product is for sale. A method that we all expect. But the second one is a pile of hype/lies concealed in ½ truths.

If I am right what does this mean? My fear, this is a direct comparison to see if honesty is in fact the best policy and will end up with a slight shift in AGD’s marketing strategy. But as others have alluded to hopefully this is a test to open our eyes to the smoke and mirrors that other companies are using in this industry.

AGD
01-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Marketing hat comes off.....POP!!

I am closing the thread so we can continue this in a new direction in another thread in the main forum.

AGD