PDA

View Full Version : Nitroduck questions

dstud2000
08-25-2007, 02:02 AM
Well I am looking into getting a new HPA tank soon, and I think what I want is a Nitroduck xstream. The problem is I can only find them in 45/4500 or 70/4500 (a peanut). I am worried a 45/4500 won't provide me with enough air, but I am unsure if I will like the 70/4500 peanut. Also I am having a hard time finding tank covers 70ci tanks. Currently I am using a 68/4500 PMI Pure Energy tank. It is coming up soon on its second hydro, and does fine enough, but I am wanting to up the output pressure to get a bit more action out of my RT ULE. Any thoughts, advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

olinar
08-25-2007, 02:28 AM
well if youve got money to spend the new draxxus and cp tanks look nice and seem to be very small.

i personally would go with a new nitroduck tank with an i reg.

its a screw in so you can use on any marker and its got a shim kit that allows you to adjust up to 1000 psi which is awesome for a mag.

im probably going to wait until my tank needs a rehydro and upgrade regs then.

txaggie08
08-25-2007, 05:10 AM
I've seen the new draxxus and cp regs....there very nice.

I was considering an I-reg'd tank, we'll see.

[NA]WARLORD
08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
its a screw in so you can use on any marker and its got a shim kit that allows you to adjust up to 1000 psi which is awesome for a mag.

The Nitro Duck XStream is a screwin adjustable too.

dstud:

You ever consider swapping your old tank with the new reg and selling the old reg and new tank to make some of your money back ?

warbeak2099
08-25-2007, 01:54 PM
The I-reg preset will actually go higher than the X-stream. X-streams are not that great for getting reactivity on RT mags. Put the 1000psi spring in an I-reg and you're set. Cheaper and newer technology too.

Warwitch
08-25-2007, 01:56 PM
The I-reg preset will actually go higher than the X-stream. X-streams are not that great for getting reactivity on RT mags. Put the 1000psi spring in an I-reg and you're set. Cheaper and newer technology too.

I would have to agree. I recently bought the x-stream and I cant get it to push over 800 psi and they "guarantee" 900 :cuss:

dstud2000
08-25-2007, 03:26 PM
WARLORD']The Nitro Duck XStream is a screwin adjustable too.

dstud:

You ever consider swapping your old tank with the new reg and selling the old reg and new tank to make some of your money back ?

I was planning on keeping the old tank. The store i used to get my fills closed so I have to drive further now to get hpa.

So how easy is the shim kit to swap in the ireg?

olinar
08-25-2007, 05:31 PM
i dont have an ireg but i imagine you just unscrew the top hald of the reg and swap springs inside.

it can be called a preset adjustable because its like a regular preset tank but output adjust to your liking.

the actual reg averages around $55 on ebay and another $30 for the shim kit, but the reg comes stock with an 800 psi output so no need to buy all at once.

PanzerGen
08-25-2007, 10:34 PM
I have owned both an Ireg and an X-Stream. The X-Stream is simply not worth it. The reg isn't all that great on a mag. I never really got good, consistent results with the X-Stream. The output pressure would go crazy in the higher ranges (although I think it was the green glop at a field put in that reg, use filters on your compressors :mad: ). The Ireg on the other hand has given me great results even at 800psi. The recharge rate seems to be much higher than on the X-Stream. Seeing as a new one costs $170 for the whole tank on Actionvillage, I don't think there is a better adjustable tank out there especially with that 1000 psi. I have to try that out sometime :shooting:

warbeak2099
08-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Exactly, it's newer technology for less money. I can't understand why X-streams are still selling for $230 new lol.

pierce
08-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Newer doesn't always mean better. ;)

warbeak2099
08-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Newer doesn't always mean better. ;)

But in this case it means new and revamped technology with better recharge and flow versus an outdated reg system.

dstud2000
08-26-2007, 10:21 PM
Thanks for all the helpful replies, I am glad I asked, I might have regretted buying that xstream. So as soon as I get a little extra cash set aside.....dang student loan payments :mad: ....I'll pick up a 68/4500 with ireg and the piston kit too. Even with the piston kit it is still a cheaper purchase than the xstream.

warbeak2099
08-26-2007, 11:03 PM
Yea I might do the same thing when I get enough cash to get another gun. My gf thinks my monthly ROTC stipend is going towards an engagement ring... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It' rly going for an 08 Fusion.

warbeak2099
08-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Yea I might do the same thing when I get enough cash to get another gun. My gf thinks my monthly ROTC stipend is going towards an engagement ring... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. It' rly going for an 08 Fusion or maybe even a Threshold. Ooh those DP Threshys are soooooo nice.