PDA

View Full Version : AGD vs. PPP warp

thlibo
01-10-2002, 08:12 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any knew what the differences between the AGD warp and the PPP warp are. I have my choice of either for $150 new, and I noticed that the PPP's go for 200 new vs the 150 for the AGD. So please let me know which is better...

virus
01-10-2002, 09:46 AM
the only difference that i know of is:

different mounting brackets and the ptp version has a couple of xtra parts so it can be mounted onto any marker out there.... whereas the agd one is geared more towards use on just mags....

dorksquad
01-10-2002, 09:59 AM
ptp has an external vibration sensor, and the agd has and internal one, doesnt make any difference.

dorksquad
01-10-2002, 10:00 AM
oh yea the ptp comes with more adapters to fit different guns, but i think that agd might be including them now, im not to shure about that

niteHawk337
01-10-2002, 10:16 AM
As everyone else said, the AGD has the internal sensor, and a plastic VF adapter included. THe PTP one has the sensor in the mounting bracket, and comes with a metal VF adapter, as well as replacement feed tubes for Angel, and Bushy threaded feed necks.

nH

headcase
01-10-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by niteHawk337
As everyone else said, the AGD has the internal sensor, and a plastic VF adapter included. THe PTP one has the sensor in the mounting bracket, and comes with a metal VF adapter, as well as replacement feed tubes for Angel, and Bushy threaded feed necks.

nH

True, except the AGD kit isn't coming with the 90 adapter anymore, there supplier stopped making them or something.

thlibo
01-10-2002, 03:10 PM
I called AGD, their supplier DID stop making the elbows, but the AGD warps are shipping with a coupon good for a free 90 elbow from AGD. Word is AGD will begin making it themselves in 2-3 months. That is what i was told by AGD.
Thanks guys

[NA]WARLORD
01-11-2002, 01:37 AM
Hey thilbo, ya may wanna check out this thread, from the man himself;http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22051

MajorDamage
01-11-2002, 08:59 PM
The sensor on the PTP one is more better, you can use it with guns with very little kick. With my Zgrip on my gun there is almost no kick and I had to turn the sensitivity up almost all the way for it to work, so if you have a Zgrip or a gun with very little kick, I would get the PTP. Plus you can find PTP ones for like $170 some places.

ENDO!

thlibo
01-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Got my PTP warp for $150 new from a website. I hooked it up and loved it. Will post pics of my micro RT, Z, warp mag soon...

Russ
01-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Here are the differences;

1. AGD has the vibration sensor mounted in the housing, PTP has it built into the mounting bracket.

2. The PTP's vibration sensor must plug into the warp feed housing, where the intellifeed cable would go. The AGD unit therefore has a vibration sensor back-up in case of the gun's battery/electronics failing (God forbid!) With the PTP Warp, you have EITHER vibration sensing or intellifeed, with no redundant system back-up.

3. PTP mounting bracket is a 2-piece unit, while AGD's is 1 piece. The 2 pieces allows for more adjustability.

4. AGD's has a plastic power feed adapter, with a long & short parabolic feed plug, while PTP's has an aluminum power feed/vert feed adapter. PTP's also comes with 2 aluminum screw-in adapters to replace the vert feeds on Angels and Bushmasters/Defiants/Intimidators. Sadly, the AGD units are currently NOT shipping with the 90* elbows, renering them useless with a power feed.

5. PTP's also comes with a CP hopper insert which expands the hopper's neck to fit tightly in the warp's body (sadly, they give the black one, which is larger than the blue one CP makes, it's too big for my revy)

6. AGD customer service is second to none. PTP's, well, IMO isn’t so great!

Both units come with all mounting hardware. The new PTP units have the gray hose and the AGD ones now come with a black hose that utilizes O-rings to fit the adapters. The hose fits real snug.

If you call AGD and ask, they will more than likely give you an E-Mag interface cable, free of charge!

As far as sensitivity, I haven't noticed much difference. BTW both of my warps have been modded to use 2 9v batteries in parallel. (9v w/twice the run time)