PDA

View Full Version : From One Dork To Another (me To Tom)

dorksquad
01-10-2002, 09:30 AM
first off i hope that i did not offend you o great tom supreme master of the mag, any way, i posted a thread a while a go about 10-15 deg asa for the mag (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20947), well i made one, and i would like to make some more but before i do i was wondering if i could get cad files for the body rail so i can promptly cut the profile out of the asa, the first one is good but it was kind of just trimming it until it fit right, i am will to sign an confidently form, or whatever you need. also i was wondering if you could point me in the right direction, where i can find the standards for a asa (if there are any) i need to know the thread size and where the pin goes and o ring surfaces and things like that. i know that you are a busy guy, but if you could take some time for a young engineer, it would help me a lot
chris

manike
01-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Dorksquad, I think your best bet may be to reverse engineer one. Get your vernier out and measure it (or a current ASA) carefully. Then cut a piece of card to your measurements and see if it fits. If it does great you got it right, if not then you need to adjust it a little.

Most manufacturers are a little careful about giving out their cad files. If you want the info you may have to reverse engineer it.

Tom may give it out but don't hold your breath :)

manike

AGD
01-10-2002, 10:59 AM
It's not that critical a part just measure a few or send us your print and we will mark it up.

AGD