PDA

View Full Version : Why some people should play paintball!!

Gunga
01-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Found this at: http://www.dailyindependent.com/010702/news/local/local8.html

This guy's lucky he didn't end up a Darwin Award winner! :P

Tuesday, January 08, 2002

High Noon

Man accidentally shoots himself in 'showdown' with a snowman

WILLARD — A Carter County man accidentally shot himself Monday while practicing his quick-draw on a snowman, Kentucky State Police at Ashland said.

Bob Bowling, 32, of Willard, suffered a gunshot wound to his right upper thigh, according to the KSP's Ashland post.

The incident occurred about 2:55 p.m. at Bowling's residence on Lost Creek, the KSP said.

Bowling initially told the KSP that he had his gun in a holster and that it discharged when he sat down.

However, after being taken to King's Daughters Medical Center, Bowling told Trooper Russ Fannin that the weapon went off while he was quick-drawing on a snowman.

Bowling was released after treatment at KDMC, hospital spokesman Tom Dearing said.

paintballer187
01-10-2002, 01:14 PM
thats to bad, he shouldn't try to do fancy quick draws if he doesn't know what he is doing

shartley
01-10-2002, 02:41 PM
LOL Classic!

Now… I can sort of understand being stupid and playing around.. but why was the gun loaded? Did he and Frosty have a fight the day before and he had reason to believe he would be packing?

Brings a new meaning to the term “Freeze!”

:D:D:D

the JoKeR
01-10-2002, 02:51 PM
Too bad for Kentucky. You never hear stories like: "Kentucky man discovers how to turn dirt into low-cost high-grade oil" or "Kentucky couple discover meaning of life". I have a lot of customers in KY, and they are flat-out some of the nicest people I've ever dealt with. But I'll still laugh at the stories!

$pam
01-10-2002, 06:04 PM
Ha Ha I live like 20 minutes from there.

bornl33t
01-10-2002, 07:19 PM
theres a bud in town that did the same thing with a springfield 1911 .45acp. 'cept he was trying to quick draw on a deer. Guess the deer won that one

kenshinkandon
01-11-2002, 11:58 AM
I know a guy that seriously does that and he is really good at it he goes to tournaments for that stuff. I wanted to get him a PT enforcer and take him paintballing but he wasn't up for that.