PDA

View Full Version : Illinois 5v5 mech guns tourney

IronCore
08-28-2007, 09:43 PM
http://www.thebadlandz.com/retro5man.htm

I cant play myself but Im sure there are still a few AOers in here that might...good luck!!

AgntOrnge
08-28-2007, 09:50 PM
I've played twice recently now since I stopped in I think it was 94 or maybe 95. I forgot what I was missing until now. I'd be willing to play with a pickup team if one gets together. Give my mag a workout like the old days.

Chronobreak
08-28-2007, 10:06 PM
glad to see another field doing a mech tournament :clap:

Ninjeff
08-28-2007, 10:23 PM
CURSES!!!! Wish i would have known sooner.

3DSteve
08-29-2007, 12:29 AM
glad to see another field doing a mech tournament :clap:
Are you planning on doing a mech tournament? I hope you can make it out to the OSC to at least watch.

trevorjk
08-29-2007, 03:28 AM
• No retro valves
• No reactive triggers
• No electronic triggers/frames of any type
• No double action triggers
• None of the crazy hand crank things that guy made for Tippmann awhile back.
• Anything else we missed that isn't a traditional semi-automatic 1 pull 1 shot thing...you can't use that either.

does that mean no mags?

sdlm_
08-30-2007, 02:22 PM
• No retro valves
• No reactive triggers
• No electronic triggers/frames of any type
• No double action triggers
• None of the crazy hand crank things that guy made for Tippmann awhile back.
• Anything else we missed that isn't a traditional semi-automatic 1 pull 1 shot thing...you can't use that either.

does that mean no mags?

It means classic valve mags only. the ReTro (RT) valve was the first valve to bring the RT system from the Automag RT and fit it in normal am/mm package. Previous to the retro valve if you wanted an RT mag, you had to use an RT grip frame, and RT gas thru rail, etc

I'd play if I didn't live in VA, It would be an 18hour drive. I can slap a classic valve in my mag.

sTaLa
08-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Do you think pneumags would be accepted? They're one pull one shot and can be use with a Classic Valve :rolleyes:.

warbeak2099
08-30-2007, 06:06 PM
Do you think pneumags would be accepted? They're one pull one shot and can be use with a Classic Valve :rolleyes:.

They can also be used without reactivity so you may want to talk to the field. Their reasoning is to outlaw anyone from using bounce or reactivity. But pneumagging your gun eliminates this.

wolf13
08-30-2007, 09:21 PM
why do i have a sudden urge to want to see a team with 5 westwood cockers show up?

raehl
08-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Damnit, I'm going to be out of country, otherwise I'd play.

- Chris