PDA

View Full Version : Help, AO. Double feeding trouble

OEM Petey
08-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Hello AO,
I was having a little trouble with one of my valves. I noticed that it was double feeding once in a while. Heres what would happen:

I'd be playing, shoot a string and stop. Then when i'd pull the trigger again, i'd hear a small "chuff" and then second shot would shoot two balls at once. It happens consistenly like this.

i DID check my detents and they are in good working order. I dont have any problems with my other mag with this and i've switched the valve around between my two mags. So i ruled out detent problems and loader issues.

I'm guestimating that culprit is lvl 10.

Now my real question is, where should i start? As in, what should i do first to try and mess around with the lvl 10.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Dend78
08-31-2007, 09:33 AM
that chuff is pushin the ball partailly down the barrel giving #2 room to squeeze in there behind it, are you getting a full stroke out of the trigger? give a lil more info on yr gun LVL10(#of shims installed), X-valve, and im assuming ULE body. ULT installed (number of shims)? if not what on/off are you using

BigEvil
08-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Sounds possibly like short stroking.

OEM Petey
08-31-2007, 03:41 PM
that chuff is pushin the ball partailly down the barrel giving #2 room to squeeze in there behind it, are you getting a full stroke out of the trigger? give a lil more info on yr gun LVL10(#of shims installed), X-valve, and im assuming ULE body. ULT installed (number of shims)? if not what on/off are you using

Ahh yes, it is an xvalve with ult. I'll take it apart in a bit to get a count of shims and what carrier is currently in.

Its in a karta body right now.

BigEvil- I dont think it short stroking. Its happen to both my brother in law and I on different occasions. But I can always double check :) . I'll be testing it today and i'll make sure not to short stroke the first pull.