PDA

View Full Version : What is happening to my retro mag? need help...

markskee
01-10-2002, 01:34 PM
I bought a retro valve for my mag not to long ago and have probably shot about 8-10 cases trough it and have noticed that along the way my trigger has got less and
less reactive when I first got my valve it had a hair pull and was really reactive. Some times when I try to shoot fast and ride the trigger it will short stroke or won't really bounce back it starts to feel like a regular mag valve. And it seems like the amount of pressure it takes to pull the trigger is equal with the amount it bounces back with. Shouldn't the bounce have more pressure?

What other than air pressure changes the reactive feel
because I am using a preset tank at 800 psi.
Would any particular o ring do this? Power tube spacer, bolt, on off pin length, sear, type of gun oil. I need help.

PyRo
01-10-2002, 03:21 PM
You have been oiling your valve right? KC is the best oil, followed by gold cup. Your problems don't sound like they are a result of not oiling though.
A shorter on-off pin will make the gun more reactive.

markskee
01-10-2002, 03:42 PM
I do oil my gun and I have tried a shorter pin which makes my gun sputter and shoot twice sometimes but the reactiveness does not change. It's like my gun has lost it's sweet spot!:D

BlackVCG
01-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Get your tank tested to make sure it's putting out 800psi like it should, or try another tank and see if that changes anything. Make sure the sear is not dragging on anything and that the on/off pin moves smoothly in the assembly.