PDA

View Full Version : System X Reg Rebuild Info???

DevilMan
08-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Anyone here have much info or Reg rebuilding??? I just tried a reg as the gun was being funny... put it on the gauge and it showed tank pressure... 850-900 PSI on the output of it....

I turned the screw all the in and all the way out and no change in the weather.... I pulled it apart and all looks "ok" as much as I know about the inside of a reg... which is just a little less than NOTHING....

But I know it's a big spring that pushes up against a small pin that the more pressue put on the pin the more air pressure gets put into the gun. The I tuned one of my known good regs to the 450PSI mark and put it on the gun.... shot fine if not a bit hot. With the bad reg it took two shots to get a ball outta the barrel.... SOOOOOO....

Can someone tell me what the best color spring and the best input pressure would be for a pumped System X... (AC Clone for those that don't know....) I have a spring kit and I know the pneu's aren't gonna matter a hill of beans... I wanna run low PSI I have a high PSI tank but I hoping the reg will pull it down and be steady enough to be fine.

Who's in the know and don't mind sharing???

DM

DevilMan
09-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Really??? :eek:

NO takers whatsoever???? :confused:

Noone knows something that could help a brother out???? :tard:

hmmmmm... Maybe you were just all out :cheers: last night..... :nono:

Well sober up and share some info already!!!! :bounce:

DM

:spit_take

DevilMan
09-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Alright Alright..... so noone wants to share.... tis alright... I figured it out.... I'll post my findings so anyone else with one will be aware...

The SX reg has 2 holes drilled in it for your airlines. It would seem that it would be so you could choose between left or right side or front and back side.

Now make a mental note that I'm pretty sure the reg that's on it is not stock as the it's not dust like the rest of the gun. Anywho...

One port is for GAUGE only to tell you what your pressure is... The other is for your input. The way I got the gun it was arranged so that the GAUGE port was the one with the airline. Soooooo the reg wasn't even being used... :D I did some swappin here and there and now it's good.

Just keep in mind to watch for these types of things on other guns as well.

Happy Paintin!!!!

DM