PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Question Ever!!

DvS21
09-02-2007, 10:29 PM
So I played my first games of speedball/airball today at a really neat field that I think will be my new regular field. As I was hit and hanging out in the deadbox one of the guys on my team said to me QUICK! give me your gun!! (his was broken), and I say "ok but it's a mag, all mechanical you might not be able to walk it." well he told me "whatever! just give it to me!" so I give it to him and he then asks "Is it on?!?!?!" and I say, "It's a mech..." and he says "yeah whatever, but is it on?!?!?!" and I say again "its a mech you don't have to turn it on, just shoot." This was the funniest thing ever. Just want everyone to know this is not a speedball flame, or a reason to call anyone stupid, just wanted everyone to have a good laugh!. BTW I' gonna keep playing speedball it's tons of fun!
:shooting: :eek:

mr doo doo
09-02-2007, 10:34 PM
hahaha yea, that was similar to what happened to me. i was at the shooting range, shooting around 7-8 bps on my RT mag, just to waste some bad paint. this guy was shooting an ego next to me, and being soo impressed into it. when he finished, he asked if he could try my gun (he was a ref, so i trusted him).

"what gun is this? a mini?" then i said "nonon, an automag." "wha?!?!?" he starts to walk the thing, then i interrupt, "its mechanical, like a spyder, but better." he took a couple of shots, and gave it back with a face like :tard: .

people these days..

mostpeople
09-02-2007, 10:59 PM
let me guess he was 13?

DvS21
09-02-2007, 11:14 PM
no no he wasn't he was like 20 something maybe even late 20 somehtings! he was just a speed ball kinda guy, it was funny!

questionful
09-03-2007, 02:26 AM
You should have said, "It's off, but it'll shoot anyway."

Toll
09-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I get questions all the time about how my shocker sounds funny, and I should lower the dwell.

I'd make fun of them but I have a shocker frame on it...so I suppose it's a logical assumption.

tribalman
09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
I get questions all the time about how my shocker sounds funny, and I should lower the dwell.

I'd make fun of them but I have a shocker frame on it...so I suppose it's a logical assumption.

haha, i should do that. then if i get the dwell remark ask them how to do it cause my battery is dead and i don't have the charger or extra batterys. or the board.

DevilMan
09-03-2007, 11:38 PM
We joke all the time when playin pump about makin sure that no ramping is allowed....

Even if it is a phantom!!!!

:D

Great story.... should have told him that it is specially designed to run from your bodies own energy source and just by holding it in your hands powers it on.... :D

Glad you had a good day ballin.... I got to :shooting: some as well....

DM

txaggie08
09-03-2007, 11:46 PM
scared the crap out of a kid a while back with a mech cocker(one of the other refs I work with).

We break out playing a two on one(me with the mech cocker, one other ref with a rental). He decides" let's spray paint with my ion(dumb mistake number 1) at the fat guy". Apparently it took him a few seconds to realize "oh poopy he can shoot as fast as I can with that thing". That was alot of fun.

I'm 10,000 miles away, but can still Mod yer butt! Army

DvS21
09-03-2007, 11:48 PM
yeah this was just a classic DUH moment I was just laughing hard as hell under my mask.

you should have seen me mow faces (lol) in the woods with this thing though I love this mag and I think now that I have my first one, there will always be a mag in my arsenal!

Jaan
09-04-2007, 10:06 AM
You cheated.

Dead men don't talk. Dead men also don't supply their live teammates with equipment and ammo.

latches109
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
could he have been asking if the air was on....just a thought. nice story

DevilMan
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
You cheated.

Dead men don't talk. Dead men also don't supply their live teammates with equipment and ammo.

That's true but then again you wouldn't have to ask a dead man if you could use his gun then would ya???? I know if it were a firefight and a teammate got incapacitated/killed and my gun was out of rounds/broken then you can bet your last dollar that I'd grab whatever was around to keep on fightin...

So yeah yeah, dead men don't talk.... give it a rest...

DM

AronMsmith1987
09-04-2007, 04:56 PM
I have had my share of funny moments as well over the years but some of the best ones came this season as I play mostly pump with a pistol only I think its hilarious when someone asks "Hey can I get a pod of paint?" I gladly hand him a 10 round tube and he stands there looking at me like WTF do I do with this. LOL another good one was when a younger kid on my team yells "Hey come help me I am pinned down and he has a full auto" I look at him and I look at my 10 round Pistol and begin to laugh, wow great times, Just remember its not how much paint you can fling its all about accuracy, "20 Misses a second and you say your gun has eyes? so I guess I'll Carry more than 10 rounds when I need more Than 10 Rounds" Thanks AronMsmith1987 :cheers:

nevets11_2003
09-04-2007, 06:32 PM
what was your question?

gibson0822
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
My brother gets weird looks with his Phantom. He had one kid look down the feed tube and then tell him that his scope was broken. Another kid once asked where the air went because he didn't see any fittings(SC model) and how it held paint.

I was using a Delta .68 one game and someone asked me if I owned a real marker. Convo went something like this:
him "Don't you own a real marker?"
me "Is your's a real marker?"
him "Yes..."
me "Is it real because it shoots paintballs?"
him "Yes...."
me "Wow, so does mine."
Then I just put away the 10 round tube I was using to reload and walked off to reinsert. The ref next to us was laughing.

Although the funniest thing I've been asked came at a scenerio game. The guy running the game said that he was invunerable to paintballs because he was a pump player and the kid next to me asked me if it was true because he wanted to be on that team if it was.

Blazestorm
09-04-2007, 08:17 PM
You cheated.

In a tournament... sure... in recball... who cares?

I get annoyed if you give them paint when they run out, but don't give the other person paint... so one person has a pod and the other person is down to 10 balls... before it was "level" now it's not.

If you "adjust" the game to make it level, I can agree aka... it's a 1 on 5 and the last guy has a broken gun but still wants to battle it out, you give him your gun as you're walking off and he ends up winning the game. Something like that is way more fun than just letting him get destroyed by 5 guys, or just giving up.

meh... I'll give my gun to a guy as long as it's not a tournament...

Jaan
09-04-2007, 09:13 PM
In a tournament... sure... in recball... who cares? Well, since we're on the subject, I guess I care if someone cheats during rec-ball too. When you're dead you're dead, and you don't help out your teammates since you're dead. That's the whole point of the game isn't it? So, since it's rec-ball, I'm only half dead? Can I run out to the staging area and get more paint for my live teammates? Can I stand in front of them so they don't get shot?

When my gun breaks during a game or I run out of paint or air, I call myself out. I never even considered it would be OKay to ask the dead guy if I can borrow his stuff in the middle of a game. I guess I just grew up with a different set of rules.

DevilMan
09-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Talk about taking a tangent....

I have ran out of paint/air before and gone back to my starting point on the field to grab another pod that I had left. But if you are gonna say make it fair, then I think it should be hopper ball.... that's 1 hopper full.... so what if you shoot 25BPS... and I shoot 3... We both have ~200 to play with... so may the best man win...

I don't find the fun in going out with a bunch of "newbs" or folks with rentals with one hopper if that of balls and playin against the other side which has a couple of folks toting a case each in their packs....

I don't care to argue or fight with you Jaan... Really it's not meant to flame at all... so don't think that... I'm just statin how I feel about it... When it comes to dead men don't talk... I feel it's along the lines... of don't tell where someone is and don't give off game critical info.... but a GOOD SHOT PLAYER!!!! is not breaking the DMDT rule to me.... and neither is talkin to other dead players in the DB as long as it's not game critical/within earshot of still live players....

I guess if you play a "run what ya brung" game then no... no handoffs... and as long as the dead man don't BRING you the gun or the paint or the air... I mean is it different if you run out of air, but I'm out of paint..... should you not be able to give me air or me give you paint, though neither of us is dead???? Even if I run out I don't go off field... I stay in to distract the other team and to call plays for the rest of my team... NOW if I call myself out.... then hey that's that.... no game critical info... but kudo's and such.... it's all good...

Anywho... hope everyone gets some more good games in before the weather gets chilly...

Oh and Blaze... I would give the other side paint if they needed it... It's all about the fun to have... But who says that the other side wouldn't still have plenty??? It's funny about playing pump games..... no matter how much paint anyone takes out there.... you all shoot about the same amount.... or close to it...

DM

Tac-OneFun
09-05-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah a kid looked at my Tac-One and said "is that an ion?".

me :shooting: him

Ninjeff
09-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I suppose the side arguement about dead men dont talk depends alot on what kind of "rec" your playing. Im at the same field, every weekend, and play with alot of the same regulars, and tons of new players all the time. Some games are competitive, but more times than not, if im dead, im talking up a storm to the new players. Not in woodsball so much, but alot in hyperball.

If im out and a new kid is still in, last one left with his rental and he has some more "experianced" players bearing down on him, i start talking. "Hey dude! Watch your right...there ya go...yea yea yea get him!!! HAAA! Look out now.....oooop tuck your elbow in, there ya go, you can do it, shoot now!!!" And etc etc.

Why? Well because the new players think its fun, and the regulars dont mind. Ive never once had anyone complain. Ever. Of course, when playing rec, we have a easy going attitude and atmosphere at my local field. Everyone knows everyone else, and knows, above all that we are here to have fun.

One of my best paintball experiances this year was when i ran back out on to the field to give a kid my emag because his 98 didnt want to fire. The kid went on to get 6 eliminations that round of hyperball. (no coaching from me, just my gun). And had the time of his life......and you know what? Thats waaaayyyy more important to me than anything else. I now see him every few weekends with his dad in tow. Good kid too.