PDA

View Full Version : my first mag.... has a Z-Grip!

K-Funk
09-02-2007, 11:39 PM
OK, so I just traded in my autococker and got my very first Automag today. It's a standard 68Automag Classic valve, level 7, with a polished stainless PF Left body from the early 90's, everything's new condition. It also came with a Bob Long stainless barrel and some unknown ceramic. And it's got a Z-Grip; he said it was one of the first few made, and there were only 400 ever made! Here's a pic:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u209/4string_priest/newz-mag.jpg

Can anyone else tell me anything about the grip? I'm pretty proud to own the marker, it was the field-owner's personal tourny gun in the 90's "back when powerfeeds were the cool new thing" he said :rolleyes:

Lenny
09-03-2007, 01:42 AM
Well, there's not much to know about the Z-grip except that they are cool, and somewhat rare. I believe they were made by Zentram (who also made them for Bushy's, Defiants, and Impy's IIRC) and liscensed the Z-grip to AGD. I may be wrong, but I think that's how it goes.

And now for something completely unrelated...

...Is the eye in your Revvie crooked? It looks like it in the photo. Might want to look into that.

pyrodragon
09-03-2007, 05:22 AM
just to correct Lenny. AGD came out with the Z-grip and then liscensed them to Zentram. i personally don't think they only made 400. i have seen quite a few for them to be that rare. here is a pic of me playing with my z-grip.
http://www.shaggybrotherspaintball.com/Articles_Pics/IwoJima2/DSCF1061.jpg

Papa_Smurf
09-03-2007, 08:54 AM
Congrats on getting a mag!

I hope you like the zgrip, if you don't, let me know. I can always use another.

pepple84
09-03-2007, 12:28 PM
what are the big differences between the Z grip and the Y grip? other than like 20 degrees?

K-Funk
09-03-2007, 01:38 PM
nope, my revvy eye is straight. I think it's just the picture. but yeah thanks though, I'm really enjoying mag-hood as opposed to my cocker. It's just so much less of a pain in the ***, it shoots just as far and straight, but it's much smaller and more quiet!! On my team I play front, so a gun this small is really useful. the other guys' markers include two Angel IR3's, a Nerve and an Angel Fly, so I'm obviously the very odd man out. But I get just as many eliminations, so I guess I'm fine where I'm at. I'm really psyched about hot-rodding this thing and really making it go! next steps are a 14" dye barrel, level 10 bolt, and air.

pyrodragon
09-03-2007, 03:51 PM
nope, my revvy eye is straight. I think it's just the picture. but yeah thanks though, I'm really enjoying mag-hood as opposed to my cocker. It's just so much less of a pain in the ***, it shoots just as far and straight, but it's much smaller and more quiet!! On my team I play front, so a gun this small is really useful. the other guys' markers include two Angel IR3's, a Nerve and an Angel Fly, so I'm obviously the very odd man out. But I get just as many eliminations, so I guess I'm fine where I'm at. I'm really psyched about hot-rodding this thing and really making it go! next steps are a 14" dye barrel, level 10 bolt, and air.

oh don't worry. it's not a matter of how fast you shoot but getting those important eliminations. oh by the way, i don't really call it mag-hood, i call it magness. it's a disease that will take over you.

Lenny
09-03-2007, 05:25 PM
just to correct Lenny. AGD came out with the Z-grip and then liscensed them to Zentram. i personally don't think they only made 400. i have seen quite a few for them to be that rare. here is a pic of me playing with my z-grip.

Oops. My bad. Thanks for the correction.

That's the reason I first picked up a "mag back in 2000. At the time, they shot about as fast as everyone else, but god dang are they tiny! It's really easy to pull in and stay comfy with these guns.