PDA

View Full Version : Sideways Warp Idea

Paintcheck
01-10-2002, 03:00 PM
http://www.paintcheck.com/warp2/warpII.jpg

I got bored one night and was wondering if I could come up with a way to re-mount the warp, and also create a warp/loader combination to make it smaller, lighter, ambidextrous, and also get around Brass Eagle's patents on the motorized loader.

There are some obvious challenges to this design which I want to admit right up front, as to save some of you the time of pointing out....

1: Where does my face go?

Answer: I am going to make a cardboard mockup to see if there is a comfotrable comprimise for the location of the loader. It may also be possible to offset the loader slightly, or mold the shell a certain way as to make this less of an issue.

Challenge 2: Limited ball drop

Since the balls would be "swirled" into the warp, there needs to be a channel that curves the balls into the eurathane disks.

Challenge 3: Too many curves for the balls to go through

This may be handled by locating the ball tube outlets in different configs.

Challenge 4: Linkage needed to spin paddle.

Since this would require re-designing the shell of the warp itself, and using 2"-3" mini warp disks, this is a necesity anyway.

Challenge 5: A right and left handed shell would need to be designed.

True. Polarity would also need to be reversed to make the disks spin in reverse.

Challenge 6: It will never work.

You might be right. :)

challenge 7: Your photoshop skillz suck.

No they don't. I spent 5 minutes making this. :)

Cheers.

manike
01-10-2002, 03:04 PM
Hey that's good, I wonder if anyone has thought of that (or something very similiar) before ;)

manike

the JoKeR
01-10-2002, 03:32 PM
I think the idea might be a natural progression for the warp. Why should AGD miss out on the hopper sales? I don't know about having the warp and hopper behind the marker, but having the warp and hopper integrated into one piece could save room in two ways. First, you could run it all off of one battery set. Second, possibly less room wasted between the warp and hopper. The whole unit could be shorter than it is overall today. Possibly even more narrow. Easier to clean. Etc. But I'm too lazy to try and design it.

CRySyS
01-10-2002, 05:10 PM
So, any timeframe set up yet? I for one am getting antsy to see your creation. Will it be before the second comming? ;)

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 05:24 PM
I have an idea like that too. It was thinking something sideways below the grip as a drop forward/ warp feed part. It would have a frame for the warp and a mount for the tank below the warp.

clockworkmiller
01-10-2002, 09:40 PM
Constructive Criticism:

1. If the warp and hopper were mounted on the back, the balance of the gun will be absurydly overweighed in the back.

2. Brittle paint dropping right into the warp, while its spinning in a different direction (perpendicular to the balls previous movement) and then hitting the next ball would be, at least in theory, too much force, running the risk of ball breaks. Especially when its 80 or 90 degrees outside.

Thats it for now. One idea might be to mount the warp under the barrel, so it slims the gun down, and makes it ergonomically friendly.

RSUAVE911
01-13-2002, 12:21 PM
Good Idea...but like you said... I dont think it would work. :)

Vegeta
01-13-2002, 12:55 PM
I had come up with soemthing like that before. Sitting in my My Documents folder giht now. A bit different but same configuration, only mine had a strap that wnt through the bottom of it and wrapped securly on your tank. The balls fed out the fron of it, up the hose, to the gun.. heres what mine was like: (its crude, i sorta did this after tom announced that new hopper patent.)

FooTemps
01-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Well, I think I'll make a rough explaination of my design.
1. The revvy spins and a ball drops down.
2. The falls from the neck and into the warp.
3. There is a powerfeed plug directly below the feed neck so there is a smooth transition from verical to horizontal.
4. The ball is caught by the spinning wheel/belt and is rolled through.
5. It moves to its exit point where there is another pf plug and makes it transition smoothly to vertical movement.
6. The balls moves through the tube and into the breach.

ThunderCock
01-14-2002, 07:04 AM
Go find Manike's patents.... your wasting your time someone owns the vast majority of the ides shown here.

-TC

Dragoon
01-14-2002, 07:22 AM
I would hit the hopper against my mask if it's above the tank as high as the back of the mag reg.

But I do hope that the hopper/warp generation 2 will be moved at least a little.

I would like to see a configuration where; the hopper is on the left of the marker, the warp is in front of the trigger guard at right angle to the marker, feeding a hose that attaches to a trapdoor feed on the right of the marker.

Hope that make sense.

Douglas

FooTemps
01-14-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by ThunderCock
Go find Manike's patents.... your wasting your time someone owns the vast majority of the ides shown here.

-TC

Where can I find the patents? Can I just do a search and find them on the boards?

mattyfatty182
01-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Obviously ball capacity isn't an issue here :rolleyes:

FooTemps
01-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by mattyfatty182
Obviously ball capacity isn't an issue here :rolleyes:

My idea doesn't hinder ball capacity. The warp and hopper are still 2 seperate units...

Rahman
02-04-2002, 12:24 PM
Actually I've given this Idea plenty of thought,an ergonamically designed loader for the warp one that would fit tight and make the set-up more compact. I actually sacrificied $135. HALO sent it to my friend who is an industrial engineer at SCAD(Savanah College of Art and design)he said they might be able to have a working prototype within 2-months I'm not trying to sell any of this if anything I'll keep the proto for myself..But it would nice if AGD and Odysee did a joint venture I know they have close ties and plus theres a very good market out there for product of this nature...

soilent green
02-04-2002, 06:19 PM
I'd love to see a warp with hoper atached to be more compact

MikeCouves
02-12-2002, 06:03 PM
They should make a HALO that you can connect to your Drop Forward like a Warp, and runs from the hopper to the hose. The HALO force feeds like the Warp I believe so they could make the propeller a little more powerful and have it like a warp feed. This would definately cut costs for people that want a HALO/Warp Feed combo, but then again AGD might miss out because HALO would be selling them, and no one wants that to happen :).

kilaueakid
02-12-2002, 07:39 PM
I would redesign it so that the warp and hopper are a one peice design. This new setup would mount on top of the tank and the hose or feed tube would run directly ontop of the valve. New body's could even be made with an extra feed tube on top like AGD's Sidearm and the balls enter through the rear of the marker, follow the tube towards the breach and than hit a powerfeed plug of sometype and they drop into place.

This would allow players to switch hands., take the hopper off the top of the gun, and not have anything coming down off the side of the gun like the way warp hoses are currently being ran.

kila

Paintcheck
02-12-2002, 08:06 PM
That is what I was thinking when I made the picture above.

cphilip
02-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by manike
Hey that's good, I wonder if anyone has thought of that (or something very similiar) before ;)

manike

I believe I know who that "anybody" is! LOL

;)

Tufiremn
02-20-2002, 02:35 PM
The new HALO hopper kinda uses this idea. If you look at the workings of a HALO, it's kinda like having a WARP feed mounted horizontal in the bottom of the hopper. The HALO is capable of feeding 18 BPS, as seen on their website, mounted on an Emag.

JLove
02-20-2002, 03:19 PM
Not exactly. The warp is a true force-feed system and the halo is not. BIG difference. I have two halos for sale cheap if you want them.

Tufiremn
02-20-2002, 05:51 PM
How much for the HALO's?

FooTemps
02-20-2002, 07:29 PM
Here is JUST the warp unit. I hope you can understand it. I'm thinking that it should run off the emag batteries or some sort of external central power source. The one battery philosophy.
This should come with a drop forward designed to hold the warp. I really have the thing off scale but it's a crude drawing.

peter
03-17-2002, 01:32 AM
Make it under the gun, in front.
Have the balls feed vertically into the gun.
It will be like the 200 round drums on the M4.

FooTemps
03-17-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by peter
Make it under the gun, in front.
Have the balls feed vertically into the gun.
It will be like the 200 round drums on the M4.

That was what I what I was trying for... the only problem is that there has to be enough clearance for a hopper to go ontop of the warp. So it would have to be turned so the hopper can sit on one end. The paint would come out of the warp up the tube and into the warpfeed body. I think this design would be most effective with a trap door body though. It's basically a sideways, scaled down version of the warp.