PDA

View Full Version : Tunaball 2 heads-up

BigEvil
09-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Hey guys,

Just a heads up about next years Tunaball. I am planning on scheduling it for Saturday May 3rd 2008. This is of course subject to change, as I have not spoken to ANYONE yet. However, 07's seemed to work out and I like the whole 'first weekend of May' thing.

I would like to get your feedback on this date. Keep in mind, we cannot please everyone, but if there is something major going on at that time that would prevent many people from attending I will take it into consideration when deciding a definate date for the event.

Of course, once again, the event will be held at Topgun in Cream Ridge NJ. www.TopGunPaintball.com.

I will say this right now though.. we will be getting much better pricing on paint than last year. If not, Im moving it somewhere else.

We had over 40 players last year, and this time our goal is to get at least 100.

So there is the heads up, lets hear what you think.

:cheers:

tymcneer
09-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I'll be there, barring anything "interesting" happening to life/job/etc. I'll even try and bring some of my teammates this time...

Ty

ghostdog2019
09-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Count me in for above date.

-Mike Brothman

Rudz
09-04-2007, 08:54 AM
I'm in, and ill try and drag ole roid head with me

rkjunior303
09-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey guys,

Just a heads up about next years Tunaball. I am planning on scheduling it for Saturday May 3rd 2008. This is of course subject to change, as I have not spoken to ANYONE yet. However, 07's seemed to work out and I like the whole 'first weekend of May' thing.

I would like to get your feedback on this date. Keep in mind, we cannot please everyone, but if there is something major going on at that time that would prevent many people from attending I will take it into consideration when deciding a definate date for the event.

Of course, once again, the event will be held at Topgun in Cream Ridge NJ. www.TopGunPaintball.com.

I will say this right now though.. we will be getting much better pricing on paint than last year. If not, Im moving it somewhere else.

We had over 40 players last year, and this time our goal is to get at least 100.

So there is the heads up, lets hear what you think.

:cheers:

PSSH. Gotta go with the freezing cold of October like AONJ.

BigEvil
09-04-2007, 09:44 AM
PSSH. Gotta go with the freezing cold of October like AONJ.

HEHE did that.. dont mind the cold.. the rain I am kinda not liking. Were you at the one held in Ruckus PB in Oct 05?

BigEvil
09-04-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm in, and ill try and drag ole roid head with me

Im going to try and line up a couple of black-transvestite hookers for him. :D

rkjunior303
09-04-2007, 10:03 AM
HEHE did that.. dont mind the cold.. the rain I am kinda not liking. Were you at the one held in Ruckus PB in Oct 05?

yep, that's the one I was talking about (I think).

frischtr
09-04-2007, 01:12 PM
I was at the cold and rain of '05... Didn't make it last year, but I'd like to be there this year... Maybe Ty and I can get a caravan going...

~Tim~

Big'n slo
09-04-2007, 02:25 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~jeffreykier/Pics/njao1.jpg

But everyone looked so happy?

BigEvil
09-04-2007, 02:40 PM
WOW it WAS as dark and dreary as I remember. Ok, Tuna, me and who is else is that?

jay8541
09-04-2007, 03:59 PM
WE will be there as always :shooting: then Bring on the Condiments :eek:

d4m4don3
09-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Maybe I'll have a job that'll let me afford going down there by the time Tunaball comes. :wow:

mostpeople
09-04-2007, 04:18 PM
On the assumption that the US military stations me on the east coast I will be attending..

DvS21
09-04-2007, 04:58 PM
yay I live in New Jersey and I own a mag!! totally down for this!!!

MANN
09-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Just FYI all of us college bums dont get out of school untill ~ the first week of may. Anything after ~May 10th would be great for some/most of us.

BigEvil
09-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Just FYI all of us college bums dont get out of school untill ~ the first week of may. Anything after ~May 10th would be great for some/most of us.

Hmmm yeah we had that issue last year. Ok I will take that into consideration.

behemoth
09-04-2007, 06:12 PM
Hmmm yeah we had that issue last year. Ok I will take that into consideration.

Just about to say that.

Most of AO-OH are college students. I'm not coming alone, simply because i'm a lazy ***, and have to be dragged to things like this.

since nobody could come, i didnt show.

BigEvil
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
So let me ask this then, how many more of you lazy college people will come if I move it to May 17th?

Mongoose
09-04-2007, 07:11 PM
So let me ask this then, how many more of you lazy college people will come if I move it to May 17th?
I dont care when it is .....Im There!
May 17 huh thats one day before my birthday...even better!!

Resurection
09-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Count me in as well. I will make sure the time is available regardless of the planned weekend.

frischtr
09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
WOW it WAS as dark and dreary as I remember. Ok, Tuna, me and who is else is that?

That's me on the right, in all black...

Big'n slo
09-05-2007, 11:08 AM
DE9 behind BigE, not sure of the last.
This was before the lazy crowd showed.

rkjunior303
09-05-2007, 11:37 AM
DE9 behind BigE, not sure of the last.
This was before the lazy crowd showed.

aka, me, thordic, jdev and all the other resident drunks.

MedicDVG
09-05-2007, 10:30 PM
I am all over it... I will be "Back from Iraq" about that time and looking for a game..

What airports are close by and what are some good arrangements for lodging?

BigEvil
09-06-2007, 12:23 PM
I am all over it... I will be "Back from Iraq" about that time and looking for a game..

What airports are close by and what are some good arrangements for lodging?

Well, my logic on both is this; We play during the day at TopGun and probably will party in either hoboken or NYC. Like last year, makes more sense to fly into and stay near Newark airport and just drive the hour to the field than it does to party then drive all the way back to near the field for a hotel.

The place that some of the guys stayed at is right near Newark Airport, IIRC it was a Howard Johnson. Some of the out-of-town'ers had some issues finding their way around, and grasping the concept of the "New Jersey Turnpike". But all in all it isnt that bad, although Newark isnt exactly one of the more scenic parts of NJ unless you are into broken crack viles and graffiti. Another bonus is that its only about 15-20 minutes from my house on Staten Island, which may possibly be the location of the pre-Tunaball bbq.

I am going to work on trying to get a deal with either that Hojo or another hotel for you guys. I will keep you posted.

BigEvil
09-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I dont care when it is .....Im There!
May 17 huh thats one day before my birthday...even better!!

Call me when you get a chance I want to talk to you about something. I dont have your number, I know Tony has mine.

Mongoose
09-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Call me when you get a chance I want to talk to you about something. I dont have your number, I know Tony has mine.
i'll see tony tonight and i'll give you a call

PsychoBaller
09-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Got no idea what's goin on that far in advance, but I shall plan to be there :D

-baller

Sumthinwicked
09-06-2007, 09:20 PM
herm talk the gf into going now thats interesting being both longbow owners ;P but maybe maybe ill show

DvS21
09-06-2007, 10:09 PM
man I can't wait for this thing, I live very close to Newark and I know exactly how to get to top gun (everyone does because it's next to six flags) so If there are rides that are need from the airport to a hotel or house or field I bet I could help, however, I only have a provisional license... I'm a youngin...

cyrus-the-virus
09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Well, my logic on both is this; We play during the day at TopGun and probably will party in either hoboken or NYC. Like last year, makes more sense to fly into and stay near Newark airport and just drive the hour to the field than it does to party then drive all the way back to near the field for a hotel.

The place that some of the guys stayed at is right near Newark Airport, IIRC it was a Howard Johnson. Some of the out-of-town'ers had some issues finding their way around, and grasping the concept of the "New Jersey Turnpike". But all in all it isnt that bad, although Newark isnt exactly one of the more scenic parts of NJ unless you are into broken crack viles and graffiti. Another bonus is that its only about 15-20 minutes from my house on Staten Island, which may possibly be the location of the pre-Tunaball bbq.

I am going to work on trying to get a deal with either that Hojo or another hotel for you guys. I will keep you posted.

Yo evil, if you could PM me on the specifics of those locations that would be awsome. I'm gonna try and make it this year (coulden't last yeard because of the whole, $80 a month salery)

And are there any cheap**** motels around, I don't need fancy rooms :rofl:

BigEvil
09-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Yo evil, if you could PM me on the specifics of those locations that would be awsome. I'm gonna try and make it this year (coulden't last yeard because of the whole, $80 a month salery)

And are there any cheap**** motels around, I don't need fancy rooms :rofl:

Cheap hotels are the only way to go. The Hojo wasnt so bad, but I dont recall the rates. Some of the guys split rooms.

GIve me a bit, once I nail the date down with the powers-that-be and look into some of these other things I will post it all up.

rmg
09-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I'll be there, whatever date.

BigEvil
09-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh and someone pull TK out from the fossil pit he's digging in and bring this thread to his attention. :-)

Sumthinwicked
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
can we camp at field?

Rudz
09-07-2007, 02:28 PM
The hojo was nice, the restruant was good, but the front desk was a buncha pricks. I forgot the prices, I split a room with lornecash, and the price wasn't bad for as long as we stayed there. And the nj turnpike sucks....

Mongoose
09-08-2007, 10:40 AM
The hojo was nice, the restruant was good, but the front desk was a buncha pricks. I forgot the prices, I split a room with lornecash, and the price wasn't bad for as long as we stayed there. And the nj turnpike sucks....

imagine you had to use the turnpike everyday for work!!!! :cuss:

Traffic in jersey just sucks! But i did like topgun alot

cyrus-the-virus
09-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Stupid question, but are people under 18 allowed to rent motel rooms in NJ? Or do I have to have someone do it for me?

EDIT: Also, for the after game party (I assum it will be at a bar of some sort) How old do you have to be to just go into a bar, but not be served?

BigEvil
09-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Stupid question, but are people under 18 allowed to rent motel rooms in NJ? Or do I have to have someone do it for me?

EDIT: Also, for the after game party (I assum it will be at a bar of some sort) How old do you have to be to just go into a bar, but not be served?

Uh.. this is NEW JERSEY. Dont worry about such things. :-)

Besides we will probably go out to eat first.

p8ntbal4me
09-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Some of the out-of-town'ers had some issues finding their way around, and grasping the concept of the "New Jersey Turnpike".

^^^^If this isnt a COMPLETELY stupid statement!!! LOL!^^^^^^

NJTPK Engineer: "You know what would be completely useless to people?"
NJTPK Selectmen: "What?"
NJTPK Engineer: "Lets divide the highway into 4 lanes as usual,.. then cut the highway into 3 different sections split over 20 exits. So its more combersome to get off the highway and you have to go through more tolls."
NJTPK Engineer: "And we need a concrete wall that moves in between the lanes after every exit,... you know,...... just to make things interesting!
NJTPK Selectmen: "Oh,.. I see. And lets change some common place names for things you find on a highway. Like this U-Turn,... lets call it,.. umm,... a "Turnbuckle".
NJTPK Engineer: "Why a "Turnbuckle?"
NJTPK Selectmen: "Why not,.. and besides,... wrestling is an American Favorite Entertainment for television viewers,.. it will work."
NJTPK Engineer: "Okay,... anything else?"
NJTPK Selectment: "Yeah,.. dont put in motion sensors on the U-Turns,... I mean,.. "Turnbuckles". People that need to get somewhere when they drive would much rather WAIT at the intersection on a red light for 4 minutes to let the other lanes allow the wind and no cars to get out first."
NJTPK Engineer: "I'll have to make a note of that!"

:rofl:

At least in NH,... ur driving directions would be: Get off I-93 to exit 3,... go 5 miles,.. take a left at light,... go 2 miles,.. take a left onto Rollins Road,.... ur there! :D

For BE: And no Scott,.... u will not find any horse and buggy mechanics up here unless you go to the Amish Community. I know u have a thing for men with finger to elbow plasic gloves on!

p8ntbal4me
09-09-2007, 11:25 AM

Yeah,.. what was with the desk lady,.... holy crap!

She wanted to eat u Rudz!

Maybe it was because u had an arsenal of guns in the lobby and u looked like a terrorist! ;)

BigEvil
09-09-2007, 09:10 PM

Maybe it was because u had an arsenal of guns in the lobby and u looked like a terrorist! ;)

Im surprised they didnt call the department of homeland defense. I almost didnt let him in my truck.. I can only imagine that poor clerk. :D

cyrus-the-virus
09-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Uh.. this is NEW JERSEY. Dont worry about such things. :-)

Besides we will probably go out to eat first.

As long as I don't miss the excitment!

Danterwhoo
09-15-2007, 01:10 PM
I am in!! But I swear there is a ton of fields cheaper and as good as top gun in the area.....but top gun is fun, just a bit pricey!! I love MAGS!!

Rudz
09-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Im surprised they didnt call the department of homeland defense. I almost didnt let him in my truck.. I can only imagine that poor clerk. :D

Next year I'm gonna wear a turban and run around yelling

Durka durka, muhamed jihad, sherga sherga bak allah!!!!!!!

That should be fun.......

Bwhahahahaha

Durka durka suckas

behemoth
09-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I am SUPER GODDAMN ANNOYING.!! But I swear there is a ton of fields cheaper and as good as top gun in the area.....but top gun is fun, just a bit pricey!! I love MEN!!

Scott, this man speaks the truth....

You should really look into it.

cyrus-the-virus
09-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Next year I'm gonna wear a turban and run around yelling

Durka durka, muhamed jihad, sherga sherga bak allah!!!!!!!

That should be fun.......

Bwhahahahaha

Durka durka suckas

You could use that as motivation for TAG :rofl: :shooting:

d4m4don3
09-17-2007, 01:48 PM

:note to self
:shave
:must not look like rudz
:Homeland Security will not stop me then.

:bounce:

BigEvil
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
I wouldnt trust 99% of the other places to take out my trash, let alone show a mob of out or town AOer's a good time. Not only that, many of them arent as big, or as conveniently located. Dont forget, this is "TUNABALL", and he is old and we cant have him travel more than an hour :rofl:

Seriously though.. I feel your pain. Last year, the owners of TopGun really did not grasp what was going on until it was too late. Afterwards, the owner was literally kissing my arse to have the event there again in 08. I straight up told him right to his face "Not with your paint prices". He assured me we would work that out.. and if we dont, I WILL MOVE it somewhere else. But I will deal with that when the time comes. It also turns out that one of the big shots at TopGun and Tuna go way back.. so we will see.

Im aiming for $50-$55 cases of paint for this event.

What really concerns me is that I will be a victim of my success with this event, and too many people show up and the field is not prepared to run games with a large crowd. I plan on getting TopGun heavily involved with planning the actual game play this time, again trying to be accommodating to everyone's preferences.

My initial thoughts are this, put together as many 7 or 10 man teams as we can, and play a round-robin quasi-tournament which would incorporate all of TopGuns varying types of fields. This way, if you dont like speedball.. you will get to play in the woods as well, and ect and so forth.You get the idea.

I would see if I can maybe get some trophies donated or something stupid like that.

Mongoose
09-18-2007, 02:48 PM
I wouldnt trust 99% of the other places to take out my trash, let alone show a mob of out or town AOer's a good time. Not only that, many of them arent as big, or as conveniently located. Dont forget, this is "TUNABALL", and he is old and we cant have him travel more than an hour :rofl:

Seriously though.. I feel your pain. Last year, the owners of TopGun really did not grasp what was going on until it was too late. Afterwards, the owner was literally kissing my arse to have the event there again in 08. I straight up told him right to his face "Not with your paint prices". He assured me we would work that out.. and if we dont, I WILL MOVE it somewhere else. But I will deal with that when the time comes. It also turns out that one of the big shots at TopGun and Tuna go way back.. so we will see.

Im aiming for $50-$55 cases of paint for this event.

What really concerns me is that I will be a victim of my success with this event, and too many people show up and the field is not prepared to run games with a large crowd. I plan on getting TopGun heavily involved with planning the actual game play this time, again trying to be accommodating to everyone's preferences.

My initial thoughts are this, put together as many 7 or 10 man teams as we can, and play a round-robin quasi-tournament which would incorporate all of TopGuns varying types of fields. This way, if you dont like speedball.. you will get to play in the woods as well, and ect and so forth.You get the idea.

I would see if I can maybe get some trophies donated or something stupid like that.

i agree!
last year was great, Top gun was a great place for Tunaball. the paint prices could have been better but it was well worth it...
i'd rather not try another place, why fix what isn't broken.
50-60 a case is fine with me

BE- i gotta talk to you about the Mass trip and also an idea i may have :ninja:

tymcneer
09-18-2007, 02:54 PM
Frischtr, I think we can work something out about the caravan. This year there will likely be two or three people attending with me.

Ty

BigEvil
09-18-2007, 09:46 PM
This year there will likely be two or three people attending with me.

Ty

Thats what I like to hear.

And P8nt,, if the people in NJ can figure out the NJ Turnpike and you cant.. then what does that really say? :tard: LOL

BigEvil
09-18-2007, 09:50 PM
OH, btw.. 99% confirmed for May 17th 2008. I will know for sure 100% by next week.

cyrus-the-virus
09-18-2007, 11:46 PM
What is the exact name of the nearest air port(or which ever one you would want us to go to)

Along with zip code town name and all that good stuff. I plan on going no matter what (and I need to start saving now)

Also, $55 a case is fine by me, it's only $10 more than I pay at my normal field.(I'll probubly by 2-4 cases)

Big'n slo
09-19-2007, 10:32 AM
OH, btw.. 99% confirmed for May 17th 2008. I will know for sure 100% by next week.

Im in if it is.

BigEvil
09-19-2007, 05:31 PM
What is the exact name of the nearest air port(or which ever one you would want us to go to)

Along with zip code town name and all that good stuff. I plan on going no matter what (and I need to start saving now)

Also, $55 a case is fine by me, it's only $10 more than I pay at my normal field.(I'll probubly by 2-4 cases)

Newark Liberty Intl Airport. The URL for the field is www.TopgunPaintball.com.

Unless anyone has a better suguestion or reason why not, I will contact the Hojo the guys stayed in last year and see if I can get some sort of group rate. You NJers speak up.

We could all camp out in front of Tuna's house :headbang:

p8ntbal4me
09-19-2007, 06:58 PM
And P8nt,, if the people in NJ can figure out the NJ Turnpike and you cant.. then what does that really say? :tard: LOL

Wait Wait WAAAAAAIT.

You had to pass the phone off to your brother to get me to ur place on the island.

And THEN,... you had to pass me off to ur wife cause you failed to give directions again! Something tells me a guy that lives in that state MIGHT be able to give VALID directions! :tard:

I dont live in the "armpit",.... so my bogus directional skills need not apply!

BigEvil
09-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Wait Wait WAAAAAAIT.

You had to pass the phone off to your brother to get me to ur place on the island.

And THEN,... you had to pass me off to ur wife cause you failed to give directions again! Something tells me a guy that lives in that state MIGHT be able to give VALID directions! :tard:

I dont live in the "armpit",.... so my bogus directional skills need not apply!

For the 90th time.. I DO NOT LIVE IN NJ.. I LIVE IN NY. (And I let my wife talk you in because she has staff in Delaware, and is used to dealing with slow people) :-)

Danterwhoo
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
Scott, this man speaks the truth....

You should really look into it.

I just get a little bit excited about going to an event and you have to go on and take a free shot and kick me in the balls while I'm not looking. :shooting: JK. If they said that they would hook us up at Top gun with better paint prices then I'm all for it.

behemoth
09-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I just get a little bit excited about going to an event and you have to go on and take a free shot and kick me in the balls while I'm not looking. :shooting: JK. If they said that they would hook us up at Top gun with better paint prices then I'm all for it.

:cool: :D :p :rolleyes: :confused: :argh: :cry: :headbang: :bounce: :dodgy:

rabidchihauhau
09-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Being a former head ref at Topgun (and a frequent customer) (and the sole posessor of photos of Little Miss Gong chasing Barney the Purple Paintball Playing Dinosaur in the parking lot):

there are hotels right down the road from Top Gun. Its right near six flags, so of course there are several hotels right next to it.

If you go south on the turnpike an exit or so or south on the parkway (pesos used to work in the change machines, I don't know if they do anymore) you will find a host of hotels off those exits.

I don't know how much you want to spend, but there are better options than a HOJO in NJ.

You guys need a bumper sticker that plays off the old joke: "I Live in New Jersey." "Oh, what exit?" I play paintball in NJ - What exit? - 7A dammit!

Since I will have relocated to NH well before this game, I might just drop in...

rabidchihauhau
09-26-2007, 02:25 PM
What's a Tunaball?

Its when all the fish get together and dance...

rabidchihauhau
09-26-2007, 02:32 PM
anyway.

as to your 'how is the game going to run' issue.

why not do a grab-bag tournament?

everyone sticks their name in the hat. they are pulled randomly to create teams. you play a series of games (draw again for who vs who if you want); then draw teams again for the next round and so on.

That way, everyone gets a decent chance of playing with and against a wide variety of attendees, there's no deliberate imbalance, no real pressure for "your" team to win or lose because your team will be different next game.

If you want to you can keep track of an individual's win/loss record for the day - or eliminations/hits - but only if you want from stats for the day.

I'd also schedule a: rebuild that A.I.R. contest for the fastest time and maybe a AO trivia contest. (The name for the first generation automag was: Smart Parts was a licensed dealer of AO accessories - True or False? Tom Kaye once used coprolites as a payload to test a rocket he had designed...)

p8ntbal4me
09-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Since I will have relocated to NH well before this game, I might just drop in...

My brother and I drove down from NH,.. thats where we live.

If I go next year,... Im flying! No driving for me.....

BTW: When are you getting to NH? Look us up and we can play some ball.

BigEvil
09-26-2007, 08:38 PM
My brother and I drove down from NH,.. thats where we live.

If I go next year,... Im flying! No driving for me.....

BTW: When are you getting to NH? Look us up and we can play some ball.

Listen son.. get in that gas guzzler truck, load up those gas guzzling paintball guns.. and get your arses down here. Pre-TUnaball BBQ at my place. No excuses.

Yes I have had a few drinks. I reserve the right to say "I dont remember saying that" tomorrow.

p8ntbal4me
09-26-2007, 08:45 PM
I reserve the right to say "I dont remember saying that" tomorrow.

Hence,... one of the GREAT reasons we all love that you are NOT a mod on here!! :p

The text never lies,.....

p8ntbal4me
09-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Listen son.. get in that gas guzzler truck, load up those gas guzzling paintball guns.. and get your arses down here.

Its a diesel,.... gas is a no go.

Back yard BBQ,.... my truck bed is bigger than ur backyard! :D

Chrishew09
10-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Count me in again this year, and hopefully a few other of my mag owner buddies here in PA as well. :)

MedicDVG
10-20-2007, 09:07 PM
anyway.

as to your 'how is the game going to run' issue.

why not do a grab-bag tournament?

everyone sticks their name in the hat. they are pulled randomly to create teams. you play a series of games (draw again for who vs who if you want); then draw teams again for the next round and so on.

That way, everyone gets a decent chance of playing with and against a wide variety of attendees, there's no deliberate imbalance, no real pressure for "your" team to win or lose because your team will be different next game.

If you want to you can keep track of an individual's win/loss record for the day - or eliminations/hits - but only if you want from stats for the day.

I'd also schedule a: rebuild that A.I.R. contest for the fastest time and maybe a AO trivia contest. (The name for the first generation automag was: Smart Parts was a licensed dealer of AO accessories - True or False? Tom Kaye once used coprolites as a payload to test a rocket he had designed...)

I really like this idea! Course I would play in a "you guys go over there, we go over here, last man standing is the winner.. lol...

Looking forward to this...

Anyone e-mail Tom about this idea????

blee70
10-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Can I attend?! Or is it an invitation only event? I've been out of paintball for some time (3-4yrs), but I'm getting back into it for some recball. I had to drag out all my old equipment and would love to go to this. I use to play like every month at TopGun. Didn't Ray sell the field and move to the West Coast?

Please let me know...Thanks!

t0nnn
10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
NO YOU CAN'T ATTEND

lol yeah you can come...the more the better. I dunno about the owner, I did hear talk when we were there about a new owner, talk to big e i'm sure he knows

BigEvil
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Can I attend?! Or is it an invitation only event? I've been out of paintball for some time (3-4yrs), but I'm getting back into it for some recball. I had to drag out all my old equipment and would love to go to this. I use to play like every month at TopGun. Didn't Ray sell the field and move to the West Coast?

Please let me know...Thanks!

Ray is long gone. I forget exactly which guy owns it now.. I think his name is Carl. Not sure though.

BigEvil
10-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Well guys - it looks like Tunaball II may have its first sponsor. Someone has contacted me about donating $1000 to the "Help keep the paint prices down" fund. So what I think I am going to do if this comes through is give the first 50 people who PREREGISTER $20 off their first case of paint.

This of course, is subject to change.. and I may just pocket the grand and go blow it on strippers and Jack Daniels.

Rudz
10-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Well guys - it looks like Tunaball II may have its first sponsor. Someone has contacted me about donating $1000 to the "Help keep the paint prices down" fund. So what I think I am going to do if this comes through is give the first 50 people who PREREGISTER $20 off their first case of paint.

This of course, is subject to change.. and I may just pocket the grand and go blow it on strippers and Jack Daniels.

depends if i get to come on the strippers and jack daniels trip... :cheers:

tymcneer
10-25-2007, 12:57 PM
BE, only if you bring enough for the whole class.

t0nnn
10-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I wonder what awesome paint discount they will give us this year .....maybe $65 a case instead of $70 :clap: maybe if we bring another 75 people they will even lower it to $60 a case :dance:

BigEvil
10-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I wonder what awesome paint discount they will give us this year .....maybe $65 a case instead of $70 :clap: maybe if we bring another 75 people they will even lower it to $60 a case :dance:

Well.. im still waiting for TopGun to get back to me.. however.. if they 'drop the ball' and dont do us right this year, Im sure Blue at EMR would love to have us. That would just mean a longer drive, everyone staying over, and lots and lots of hangovers come Sunday.

Chrishew09
10-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Well.. im still waiting for TopGun to get back to me.. however.. if they 'drop the ball' and dont do us right this year, Im sure Blue at EMR would love to have us. That would just mean a longer drive, everyone staying over, and lots and lots of hangovers come Sunday.
Now i hope that Topgun drops the ball, I always wanted to play at EMR, and it closer for me ;)

Freebird
10-25-2007, 07:43 PM
ive always dreamed of going to the mystical EMR haha

But idk school gets out on the 10th for me so i may attend, its a hike though from upstate NY.

BigEvil
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah well we would have to get Da'Fish to agree to drive all the way out to EMR too... not an easy task.