PDA

View Full Version : D-Day 2001, 2002

personman
01-10-2002, 03:20 PM
Hey, I was thinking about going to D-Day this year, and I thought I might ask ppl who went if they liked it last year? I read the artical in the November Issue of APG.
From what they said it sounds awesome, and my grandma lives up in oklahoma.. (lol, 5 hours away from D-Day) and we come up there every year at about that time anyway, so I wonered if it was worthwhile..
Well, if you went last year, can you post stuff like,

The Best things about D-Day
The Worst things about D-Day
How much fun it was overall
If you think I should go
If it was unbearably hot, or cold
((IF THEY HAVE SHOWERS AND REAL TOILETS))-Veri important
If the people there were nice
How Much n2 fills were
How much paint was

Thanks, People.

Bartman
01-10-2002, 04:21 PM
I was there, with webby and a few of teh AGD team.

here is my total thoughts on the trip sort of.

>The Best things about D-Day

Getting to play another well run big game

>The Worst things about D-Day

Hands down it was the drive for me, it was 18 hours on the road to pick up webby, then another 3 to oklahoma(in the end welll worth the drive)

>How much fun it was overall

I had a blast, got to play along side of JJ Brookshire, Larry from WSG, the air gun techs, and about 1200 other people. I also got to try froglegs when we went out for dinner saturdaynite(thanks Kayle)

>If you think I should go

Thats complettly up too you, but if I have the spare cash this year, i am going ot go back again, its was alot of fun last year, and in my humble opinion a well run event.

>If it was unbearably hot, or cold

Not overly hot at all, I mean the sun was out for the day games, and its was warm, but nothing a litle water and shade couldn't fix. I didn't play the nite game on saturday, but I hear it went well as well.

>((IF THEY HAVE SHOWERS AND REAL TOILETS))-Veri important

Mo showers at teh feild, but I stayed 10 minutes away in a hotel, it was well worth paying the extra cash to grab a hotel, for a nice bed, and the showers. There was alot of people that camped at teh feild, but they ended up sitting through a nice rain storm saturday nite.

>If the people there were nice

The people where overly nice and freindly with a few exceptioins. There stafe went out of there way to try tomake it a fun day forall.

>How Much n2 fills were

If I remember right, N2/co2 fills where included in your entre fee, I could be wrong, but I don't remember paying for fills.

>How much paint was

Hmm, again I think paint was like 80$ a case, but to be honest with you , I had such a good time, I can't remember hte exact price on paint.

I hope all of this will help you deside, likeI said its a well run event. I wont garrentee a good time, but the staff and players do there best to make it s fun event.

Any ways,I will catch you later and see you in the middle.

Bartman
Team I have no Idea
www.ihni.org

mag_pbg
01-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Meeting new people, playing a paintball game lasting like 2 days, the tanks, the night game The whole scenerio.

Not well orginized

on a scale from 1-10 I give it a 20

if you can walk and have a gun go for it!

i don't know I thought it was kinda hot, but then agian I was wearing over alls and a long sleeved shirt. It wasn't hot and it wasn't cold.

No showers, I got mine when I camped out! they had a ton of porta poddies, that weren't nasty or anything.

Ya the people were real nice there, I got to know alot of people.

All air was included in a entry fee of $60

Paint was $65 per case

Hope this helps out alot Im planning to go again this year!!!

personman
01-10-2002, 04:40 PM
wow sweet.. no more digging in wallet at the air fill line, eh? sounds cool, paints not TOO pricy... it makes me want to go.. in fact i think i will.. lol.. well guys thanks for the info, i wouldnt mind more ppl posting info to help me decide.. :) thanks again dudes..

mag_pbg
01-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Beilive me You'll love it expesually the night game! The night game is so much fun, one minute it will be pitch black and then a flare will go off and maybe 5 to 10 fet infront of you is your enemy! And another good thing is, is that at any point in the game you can just stop and go to the stageing area and bs with people.!

personman
01-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Wow, that sound pretty cool.. APG said it was the most pyrotechnices(drool..) in a midwest scenario game ever.. i think.. Well, does Bunker Extreme have a website or somthing where I could print the registration fourm out and fax it to them, or just e-mail the registration? Or do I have to call them?

Mega Man
01-10-2002, 07:36 PM
www.bunkerextreme.org thats my local feild and ive been to 2 D-Days and # Bridge To Fars, all of them were awsome

personman
01-10-2002, 07:59 PM
sweet. Thanks for the link dude

DrEvil
01-10-2002, 10:26 PM
where in oklahoma is it? I went to the site but the location link wasnt working for me. I wanted to go last year and I am going to go this year as far as I know.

mag_pbg
01-11-2002, 06:40 AM
Hey mag_man_2000, im planing to go to the bunker this saturday if my mom will take me, I live in almost ont he kansas oklahoma border. I havn't been able to get on their website, it keeps on patching me to tinas web cam!! If you plan to go there Im about 5'10 126 pounds, semi dark hair and skin. And my mom is about 5'7 and has REALLY curly hair. I'll respond probably tonight by then I should know for sure that Im going.

personman
01-11-2002, 04:54 PM
yeah tina's web cam is gay, anyway they moved the site to .org instead of .com. also, i think D-DAy is in Wyandotte or a town thats named somthnig like that in northeast okla homa