PDA

View Full Version : SuperStock A/C

Dagoleth
09-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok, Im hoping someone has had this problem and fixed it so I can do the same. I recently came to have an 05 Superstock Autococker. Pulled it out and it worked great the first few days I had it. Fast forward a week, pull it back out(it sat in its box all week), go to the chrono, fire it and the first ball barely makes it 5 ft. Fire it again. Same thing. So I check velocity and such, check the bolt, everything looks fine. Well needless to say I didnt get that fixed, then I get the next problem. Now when I attach my tank (no on/off) it degasses down the barrel. A couple friends have tweaked with the cocking rod and such, changed some o-rings, nothing. Any suggestions? I tried calling WGP's tech service and the kid only asked 3 things before saying he couldnt think of anything else, one was if the bolt was upside down, next was if I had air in my tank and third was where my reg was set at (I dont have a gauge on it so I dont know... shouldnt it be set since its stock?).

Thanks in advance
:confused:

Forgot to say (but probably already known) this is an electro... Didn't know if this would help any

drg
09-05-2007, 01:03 AM
These guns aren't that complicated, despite popular opinion.

Only a couple things can cause barrel venting. the most common is failing to cock the gun before gassing up. Then you have valve o-ring failure. Then cupseal failure (very rare). a mechanical jam of the valve is another possibility but very very rare and usually the result of botched teching.

Obviously you will have to fix this problem before trying the next one.

Dagoleth
09-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Ok I forgot to say that when it starts degassing down the barrel if I pull slightly on the cocking rod then it makes a quick popping sound then stops degassing.