PDA

View Full Version : TSA legal airsystem for EMag

XMag - epic
09-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm running a Nitroduck XStream on my EMag. I'd like to get something that is TSA legal on planes. The only one that I am aware of is the Smart Parts MaxFlo, but it does not have adjustable output pressure (as far as I know), so I probably can't get good RT action from it. That's a tradeoff I'd be willing to make, but if I can have it all, I want it all.

btw - does te air pressure make it totally impossible to unscrew the tank by accident? It would kinda suck if it came off.

Thanna
09-06-2007, 08:46 PM
I think the MaxFlo is discontinued, but you may be able to find it used, and it should be adjustable, and tank removable....The MaxFlo Micro is what they sell now and I think that's the preset one. Does anyone know if the NitroDuck I-reg setup TSA acceptable[able to remove the valve]?

XMag - epic
09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't know, but it seems like having a screw-in system witha removable reg would be a bad idea. MaxFlo Mini is what I meant anyway. Did the old MaxFlos have removable ranks too?

Sumthinwicked
09-06-2007, 09:23 PM
i teach easy lesson" locktight threadlocker "its the blue kind hand and vise unwrenchable (make sure says threadlocker) and i have used for many many years you can get it in any walmart automotive usually 4.50 a tube ish gl

pump
09-07-2007, 12:25 AM
dont all Gorilla valves unscrew off the tanks without tools?

does that make them TSA legal?

angrysasquatch
09-07-2007, 06:04 PM
All tanks are removable if there's no locktite on it. older Maxflos are rail-mounted, so there's not any chance that you'll unscrew the tank accidentally like you might on a screw-in system. If you're looking for something a little prettier than the type of Maxflo you're probably thinking of, buy a Maxflo MF-1. There's a complete breakdown of the Maxflo regs here: http://www.zdspb.com/tech/mguide/regs/comparison.html

XMag - epic
09-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Good link. Thanks. So far it looks like MaxFlo or MaxFlo.

SR_matt
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
dont all Gorilla valves unscrew off the tanks without tools?

does that make them TSA legal?

no, unless specified the tank is sent to u with the valve LT'ed on. its supposed to be easier to remove or something like that i used to know what was up with it but i havent been around the forums for a while so i havent been talking about the tech side of paintball for a while.

second part yes i guess, to get by tsa IIRC you have to have their stupid paper work and they have to be able to see inside the tank

in all honesty ship the tank in a well padded box marked fragile and no psi in it and it will probably get there better than if it went on a plane

-matt

kcpaintballpage
09-07-2007, 10:51 PM
ship it to the hotel.
Just mark it front desk, guest check-in date 01/01/07, your name, ask for ID

SR_matt
09-08-2007, 09:34 AM
fed ex is probably also going to be the most reliable, my sister and brother in law travel between 3 main different places and a bunch of other random places for short periods of time and they always ship stuff a head so they dont have to travel with it. and they just use fedex ground (technically you have to since its a tank but the psi differences are so low it shouldnt matter but its technically a law IIRC).

usps and ups i have lost some faith in because 2 friends have each lost a gun one in usps and one in ups. the ups one has not be resolved 8 months after the (part of it is my friend not pushing hard enough but part is them not helping at all and not fulfilling the insurance policy). i dont remeber what happened to my friend who lost a gun USPS but it was extreamly ironic because about 2 weeks before he traded his gun we said how it would be awesome to ship an empty box insure it for 1000 bucks and end up with it stolen/lost so you could get the insurance money.

both guns were insured (500 and 1000 IIRC respectively)

from a lot of people i have talked to that ship things a lot they say they have seemed to have less issues when they dont insure.

just random thoughts and experiences to ponder/ skim/ ignore

-matt

XMag - epic
09-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Was this thread moderated, or was I smoking crack last night when I followed the link that is no longer here? I don't think I replied to myself.

senghing27
09-09-2007, 09:05 AM
WHo knows...

Anyways, if you can remove the reg from the bottle, you can take it with you on the plane.

Print out the TSA paper about paintball equipment, let the guys at the screeners know about your stuff before you head towards the gate.