PDA

View Full Version : Which Barrel Set Do You Prefer?

Dealaman
01-10-2002, 05:06 PM
I'm not gonna do a poll, I just want to know which barrel system works the best out of the following choices.

Smart Parts Freak
Equation
CP

Which one of these works the best? Thanks for the input.

Carson

i-luv-my-rt
01-10-2002, 06:33 PM
DUDE do not waste your time with any other system then the freak. The others will shoot ok but the freak with 8 inserts and the lenght of the insert makes them perfect. They are soooo worth the money.

ronron2112
01-10-2002, 06:49 PM
i had this same problem too.. i went with the freak.. and i absoutly love it. it made such a difference! and with the CP, how often do you really change your barrel length?

Xzion
01-10-2002, 06:53 PM
I havn't seen, nor tried the other two kits, but I do own a Freak Kit, and to say the least, I LOVE IT! a really great barrel, not to mention a very nice looking one at that! :D

PowderdToastMan
01-10-2002, 08:22 PM
likewise, i havent tried the others but the freak worked great.. especially in cold weather...

2000Sabre
01-11-2002, 03:57 PM
I just ordered the Equation multi-switch. I chose it over the Freak because I like the idea of the inserts being made of stainless steel. I also liked the idea that I can buy adapters for other markers and still use the kit as well as buying different extensions to give me different barrel lengths. Can't comment on accuracy yet as I haven't used it but based on input from this forum and other reviews it looks like a nice kit.

headcase
01-11-2002, 04:10 PM
I had the CP with all five bores, I liked it alot. The only reason I would consider the freak is if I had a couple of markers with different threading.

niteHawk337
01-11-2002, 06:53 PM
I have the CP, and the older Equation (more like the CP, no inserts) sets, and have used the freak...

Personally, I like the CP kit - not only do I find that 99% of the paint falls within one of the 3 bores that come in the standard kit, but it also has the longest effective barrel length.

THe CP backs are ~5" and the freak and Equation inserts are both 4". This length is the real "barrel" that you are shooting, and I tend to like a slightly longer barrel for effeciency..

(and WOW my spelling sucks tonight)

nH

MajorDamage
01-11-2002, 08:53 PM
Anyone gotta link to this equation barrel's site? Ive never heard of it :eek:

ENDO!

[NA]WARLORD
01-12-2002, 12:19 AM
I also liked the idea that I can buy adapters for other markers and still use the kit as well as buying different extensions to give me different barrel lengths So does the Freak.....That was an origional idea, that as usual, somebody else has copied...

2000Sabre
01-12-2002, 02:21 AM
MajorDamage,

Here's the link to Equation USA's web site http://www.equationusa.com/

MajorDamage
01-12-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanx! Those look great! I want the whoel kit with concave back, serpent extender(or whatever its called), and the "silecer" muzzle lol. Cool muzzle, bad name :D. Oh, and they have a crown point "sniper" tip! :eek: tell Tom!! :D lol

ENDO!