PDA

View Full Version : someone clarify this rumor for me please:

devildog
09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
someone told me that ar-15s are going to be banned soon. My wife wants one for christmas, so if this is true i need to act soon. someone please set me straight on this, i dont see why just this gun would be banned.....

spectre184
09-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I heard they were trying to do another assult gun ban again after last one expired. I haven't heard anymore. I'll have to talk to some of the SP's (security police, not smart parts) that I know are into guns and see what they say.

I think my Hi-Point 9mm carbine rifle is on that list to :mad: Glad I got my 15rnd magazines when I did :shooting:

LegumeOfTerror
09-07-2007, 07:25 PM
no, they arnt as far as i know. fo some reason the range my freind belongs too dosnt allow them, but allows other .223 guns. we went with my friends m-4 and the guy told us we couldnt use ar-15s. i said "but its an m-4" and he said that it was ok then. its really strange...

Papa_Smurf
09-07-2007, 07:28 PM
alot of assault styles are being outlawed now, usually its the machined ones, mostly stamped is still legal.

I got an SKS for my birthday, machined one. no papers. no numbers. the thing doesn't exist. :cool:

wetwrks
09-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I got an SKS for my birthday, machined one. no papers. no numbers. the thing doesn't exist. :cool:

If you go around advertising it all over the net then the lack of papers won't matter.

devildog
09-07-2007, 09:59 PM
ok, well im gun law stupid. we live in connecticut. can i buy an ar-15 and legally own it here in this state? anyone know where to look it up? if not, is there a loop hole to go through? i appreciate all the thoughts, but does anyone have any proof to back this stuff up?

thanks again

dominik

wetwrks
09-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't see anything mentioned on any of the firearms sites I frequent. Probably a linguring rumor from the numerous attempts the anti-gun groups have taken to reinstate the assalt weapon ban. Personally I prefer the steyr.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/wetwrks/P1010121.jpg

devildog
09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
my wife wants one as a memento (she is a usmc and iraq veteran, as am i), so i gotta stick to the ar15.

can anyone help me find a descent priced one that looks like the m16 a2 or an m4? ready to shoot...

Army
09-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Dawg, us in Calli can still get any AR that is NOT...NOT...named on the DOJ list. Stag, Wilson, Double Star etc. are legal and available as they are NOT named (though may be difficult to get, as many FFLs are not fully aware of a recent Federal court ruling)

The Fresno court ruled that a firearm cannot be illegal simply because it resembles something that is. Hence, any AR type (or any other weapon on the banned list) that is NOT named by make and model is legal to posess here...as long as the firearm complies with the "appearance" standards set forth in the ban.

CRPA.org (www.crpa.org) will has all kinds of info and readings of the law. It's also a great group to join, as they are the #1 fighters for our rights up in Sacto.

I've built many rifles in the last few years for people (no, I do not "manufacture", I simply assist in the assembly of parts.....) that are legal and welcome at our public range.