PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag parts question

lt500
09-07-2007, 10:42 PM
I found some air actuaters made by Clippard that are even smaller than the MPA-3. My question is will the ones that I found work better than the MPA-3 do to its size or is it just a waste time. The part numbers are Clippard SM-3-2 and SM-2.

Papa_Smurf
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm no genius, but that looks alot longer than an mpa-3

lt500
09-07-2007, 10:58 PM
The SM-3-2 is slightly longer but the SM-2 is shorter by 0.13 inches

lt500
09-11-2007, 12:25 AM
ttt :D

Spider-TW
09-11-2007, 12:43 AM
The bore on the MPA-3 is about twice the diameter of the bore of the SM-2, which means you would need four times the presure to get the same force out of the SM-2. That would cause you trouble with popping hoses off of barbs and approaches the working limit of the MSV-2. You might be able to make it work, but the SM-2 has even less meat for mounting than the MPA-3. You might be able to extend the sear leg and mount the SM differently (lower), but that would be in the area of the three way for the trigger.

:cheers:

lt500
09-11-2007, 09:23 AM
That actually makes sense. If anyone wants to try use them, I have four of each. If you want some just let me know and I'll give them to you for free. What the hell, I'll even ship it for free. All you have to do is ask.

jimsteinmeyer
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Free stuff? :dance: :dance: :dance: I would be interested, I have just aquired a mag with a double finger trigger (Dye) so that I could try to make my first pnue-mag. I have been reading all the links about them that I can find but would be interested in any guidance offered. (I would even be willing to pay for the valves if you shoot me a price).

Big Jim

Vermilliion South Dakota

dyeforever
09-18-2007, 01:53 PM
what u could do to use those pistons is to install a ult. this would cause a require much less of a force to actuate the on/off. just a thought

BAVUONG
10-03-2007, 02:59 PM
That actually makes sense. If anyone wants to try use them, I have four of each. If you want some just let me know and I'll give them to you for free. What the hell, I'll even ship it for free. All you have to do is ask.

i am starting to realli want to install his into my chimera frame and wondering if youcan help any way. thanks

lt500
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Sorry dude, people took them all really quick. If you need parts for your conversion, checkout airsolderproducts.com they have everything you need. I highly recommend get the MSV-2 over the SMAV. It takes less force to activate it and takes less effort to install. Some people have gotten the trigger pull force down to like 1 ounce.